Do not drive tomorrow: International lyft and Uber protest

Rose511

Hi guys,

Just wanted to spread the word...there is an international lyft and Uber protest tomorrow. Please don’t drive if you can afford to do so. We need as many people as possible to participate but I know you have to do what’s best for you. I also think there is some kind of protest at DTW at 8am. Thanks and hopefully this will lead to some positive change for us.

Rose511

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I totally agree!!! Thank you for your support. I’m a full-time driver so this is very important to me. Have a blessed night. ?

MssweetsA2

I totally agree!!! Thank you for your support. I’m a full-time driver so this is very important to me. Have a blessed night. ?
Absolutely! & thank you for spreading the word. I drove for 3 years and stopped this January. The money just got worse and worse and worse and worse. I really sympathize with those that still drive and they DESERVE better!!

Rose511

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, I’m saving like crazy and hoping to quit in the next year and a half. I want to use my degree and pursue my passions because there is no job security or solid future in Lyft or Uber. It annoys me when people say Lyft is so much better. It ABSOLUTELY is not. They are the same. God bless you and thanks for your reply! ?

A2_Driver

I drove, I’m an independent contractor and make great money with uber. I can afford everything you’re being asked to be given to you as W2 employee.

1099 isn’t a very easy lifestyle. While on strike why don’t you research how to live while working as 1099 instead of asking for something you will never get (because it makes no sense).

Your jobs are only temporary! From day one there’s been people already putting in the work for autonomous vehicles to replace drivers. We are all just temporary employed