do most pax know a cleaning fee notice?

forrest m

I had no clue about cleaning fees until I came to this forum. If I had puked in a ride-share car I would have been so upset seeing a charge for all that cleaning fee that I would probably throw up again.

Do you think most pax would be less likely to make messes if they knew about cleaning fees ahead of time?

Seamus

I had no clue about cleaning fees until I came to this forum. If I had puked in a ride-share car I would have been so upset seeing a charge for all that cleaning fee that I would probably throw up again.

Do you think most pax would be less likely to make messes if they knew about cleaning fees ahead of time?
Most of the night time drunk crowd know it exists because either them or someone they know has been hit with it. A drunk even if they know either don’t think they are going to hurl or are too drunk to care. Usually it’s the sober friend who is the rider paying who cares. Older or business day users probably have no idea but don’t need to worry anyway!

Seamus

My guess is most people out partying haven't given a single thought to whether or not that "one last" beer or cocktail will lead to puking in your car.
My Fri/Sat drunk shift season is November thru March. This past season had 7 puckers. 3 on the side of the road, 3 into vomit bags I made them carry, and 1 on the seat. Every one of them said “no i’m good” when I asked if they were ok at the start of the ride!

Juggalo9er

My Fri/Sat drunk shift season is November thru March. This past season had 7 puckers. 3 on the side of the road, 3 into vomit bags I made them carry, and 1 on the seat. Every one of them said “no i’m good” when I asked if they were ok at the start of the ride!
Screenshot_20190410-010537.jpg

This pax was not ok
Screenshot_20190410-010537.jpg

UberBeemer

My friend, i am sorry they hurled in your car, but glad that they didn't say "no, I'm good" to drive. We put up with a lot as drivers, but on the bright, non-puked on side, we probably save lives.

New2This

The college kids DEFINITELY know.

I had a group of 4 Catholic University girls one night. The one in the back passenger seat kept hanging her head out the window with another talking in her ear. The one in front, the account holder, was a little TOO chatty with me. I like to think I still got it but I knew she was trying to distract me from her drunk friend puking out the car.

A block from their destination I hear a particularly loud gag and pulled over. Sure enough she puked all over the outside of the car.

Girl in front turns to me and says "Uber's gonna charge me for this aren't they?"

"Oh yeah" was my response.

She turns to her friend "Becky you're gonna have to Venmo me for this" as we get back in the car.

Surgeio

Older or business day users probably have no idea but don’t need to worry anyway!
I'd estimate about 20% of my pukers have been between Noon and 5:00 pm. Hell, I had a 5 year old girl throw up last weekend at like 1:00 pm. Mom said her daughter always gets sick in moving vehicles.

SuzeCB

I'd estimate about 20% of my pukers have been between Noon and 5:00 pm. Hell, I had a 5 year old girl throw up last weekend at like 1:00 pm. Mom said her daughter always gets sick in moving vehicles.
Mom's an idiot then. That's what Dramamine's for.

I got sick ONE TIME in my mother's boyfriend's car and she insisted on smashing up a Dramamine pill between two spoons, adding water and forcing it down my throat every car ride thereafter until I was old enough to defend myself and point out to her that his car was the only one that made me sick.

It wasn't the motion. It was his stanky cigars, and no amount of Dramamine was going to help with that.

Ubermcbc

They will notice when they realize they don't have enough credit for their next ride. Lol.

They can file a false claim to their credit card / bank to get a refund. That's why when you are on your way to pickup kelly, you run into mark.

DriverMark

Yes, definitely. I tell all those that look like they might puke it's $250 if they puke in the car. I'll pull over if they need to puke.

forrest m

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dang I just discovered that my thread title is messed up and makes no sense (I guess I was sleepier than I thought).

VanGuy

Mom's an idiot then. That's what Dramamine's for.

I got sick ONE TIME in my mother's boyfriend's car and she insisted on smashing up a Dramamine pill between two spoons, adding water and forcing it down my throat every car ride thereafter until I was old enough to defend myself and point out to her that his car was the only one that made me sick.

It wasn't the motion. It was his stanky cigars, and no amount of Dramamine was going to help with that.
The first cigar I ever smoked was one of the worst things I'd ever put in my mouth. I was in my car and I just had to put it out about a quarter of the way. 2 weeks later I was on a blind date with a girl having a nic fit. She put this dry and crusty cigar in her mouth and I knew there wasn't going to be a second date. :smiles: