Do millenial groups at night usually not talk to you?

Amos69

When they say "Im fine, thank you for asking" and dont ask you how you are doing......what do you say next?
Any of thirty different things depending on the situation. Amazing sunset tonight. Traffic is really bad today, Raining hard out there tonight. You travel to Seattle often? How long are you in town for? Heading home?

The options are so varied I could go on for years. Some times you do get a quiet vibe, and rarely I get a client ask for quiet.

LoriDrives

I get a mixture of both. I try to get a feel for whether they want me to participate in their conversation or not. If they ask me a question, I’ll chat. If they are just talking amongst themselves, I’ll stay quiet. I think the chattiest ones I picked up were the ones going to EDC. I loved all of them. They were all really happy as long as I had house music playing.

mbd

Now a days, they all look and sound the same.
Last month, twice I called out the wrong name at the end of the ride.
Thank you Emily, but Emily was Susan and Susan was Brittany. I don’t pay attention to what pax is saying or doing. Completely neglecting the pax
I have no idea who I am picking up, where I am picking up and the drop off location.
That is all done automatically 👍it is autonomous 😁
I do talk to the pax , but it is all rehearsed fast automatic responses.

NauticalWheeler

Millennial groups tend to ignore me, although sometimes whoever's is sitting up front will go full "I deserve to know your life story, financial situation, and how driving for Uber fits into it all", but people of all age groups feel entitled to this information.

Sometimes I demand that they talk especially about things like: What airport terminal to drive them to; which resort entrance to drive them to.

Other times I will initiate conversation and have them "connect" with me on LinkedIn so it looks like I have a much larger professional network than I otherwise would organically.

Fat Man

During the day it seems that people are more chatty.
Older people tend to be more chatty.
People by themselves tend to be more chatty.

The least chatty people: Night time, groups, young. IME.

They will get into your car, make a perfunctory introduction, then bury themselves in their phones, occasionally talking to each other about "likes", or "hey did you see ____ on instagram"? Of course never a tip.

In the rearview, all I see is faces illuminated by their phones.

These are the most draining trips.
I get these ALL the time! I love it when they like to chat but I don't mind the screen time either. I will ask questions about what service they are talking about and ask what the draw is. This weekend I learned about Vendmo. Never knew such a thing existed and it sounds really unsafe.

DriverMark

They will get into your car, make a perfunctory introduction, then bury themselves in their phones, occasionally talking to each other about "likes", or "hey did you see ____ on instagram"? Of course never a tip.

I enjoy no conversation from mindless dweebs.

Reactions: CYP

Christinebitg

Last month, twice I called out the wrong name at the end of the ride
Why even do that? Just say thanks, I hope you thought it was good.

Even when you're in bed with someone, why use their name? It'll just sound contrived.

One of the nice things about being in Texas is that you can call everyone "Honey." :smiles:

Greenfox

They hate me. I hate them. They are me. I am them!