Do Lyft Personal Power Zones work with destination filter?

SubaruLegacy

I turned on a destination filter while in a personal power zone, and immediately the demand heat maps and power zone disappeared. I didn't end up getting a ride so I don't know whether I would've gotten the bonus or not. I called support who claimed that I'd still get personal power zone bonus while using destination filter. As soon as I arrived at my destination the personal power zones reappeared.

Anyone have any experience one way or the other?

New2This

When you toggle into the Destination Filter, it takes you offline. Notice that next time you set a destination.

It's in the fine print no PPZ Bonus on Destination Mode trips:

This is one of the reasons Lyft's pretty much dead to me. I do almost exclusively DF trips and there's no @@@@ing way I'm taking a base rate trip while Lyft charges the riders PT

SubaruLegacy

Well that sucks. I think I actually had read that, and completely forgotten about it by the time personal power zones finally became available on my phone. I love how support totally lied to me and said I'd still get the bonus.

I'm undecided if this is better or worse than prime time. We already were giving rides when they were charging prime time to pax. Look at your ride earnings. Often lyft's cut is 40-60% even on prime time rides. They'll throw you a 25-50% and charge pax 50-100%.

Lately I'd been having a lot of trouble getting any meaningful prime time at all, so this might be better. But I won't know until I do a couple weeks of rides. I got my first ppz of $2.14 in an area that's usually well north of where the PT would usually start on a friday afternoon yesterday. but then I drove until about 10pm without seeing another one. I didn't drive my normal late night hours so I didn't get to see if my other spots would've had them at 1,3,5am I checked at 11,12, &1 at home and didn't see any, but I'm not sure if I need to be physically close to a high demand spot for one to pop up, which my house definitely is not.

New2This

It's MUCH worse. They charge riders PT:

At the same time they're paying us base. The orange/yellow areas are NOT PT but just "high demand areas"

I personally will not take any Lyft rides where they're charging riders PT and giving us nothing