Do I need to just stop picking up anyone with a rating below 4.8??

DigitalBear

Drunken PAX complained to Uber that I was under the influence. Now I'm locked out at the busiest time. I have (or rather HAD) a 4.99 rating with 2075 trips in the Atlanta area. Not ONE complaint so of course the help center says, "We are inclined to believe you....but."

I already ignore a PAX request with a rating below 4.6

Do I REALLY have to be this heavy handed?!

OH and as an added bonus. I CAN'T cash out until the next payment cycle. so that's also super fun.

DigitalBear

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am just disgusted that adult human beings are unable to control their baser instincts. As a reuslt the entire Uber product simply turn drivers into victims because Uber is positioned, like every other corporation, firmly in the "accounts receivable" stream.
Post automatically merged:

Is it exactly the same with Lyft?

tohunt4me

Drunken PAX complained to Uber that I was under the influence. Now I'm locked out at the busiest time. I have (or rather HAD) a 4.99 rating with 2075 trips in the Atlanta area. Not ONE complaint so of course the help center says, "We are inclined to believe you....but."

OH and as an added bonus. I CAN'T cash out until the next payment cycle. so that's also super fun.
Go ahead.

Stop picking them up.

Uber will reset them All to 5 stars Anyway !

I am just disgusted that adult human beings are unable to control their baser instincts. As a reuslt the entire Uber product simply turn drivers into victims because Uber is positioned, like every other corporation, firmly in the "accounts receivable" stream.

Is it exactly the same with Lyft?
Get THEM

BEFORE THEY GET YOU !

( The Best Defense is a Good Offense !)

DriverMark

Something else happen during the ride that made them want to complain like that?

ANY complaint to Lyft or Uber for driver was drunken will get you kicked to the curb until they "investigate". I don't really know that the star rating of a PAX has anything to do with it. Perhaps. I just take rides as they come and rarely not accept due to ratings. I hardly even look at ratings, more where are they getting picked up at.

DigitalBear

Hi DriverMark
Nothing about the ride was exceptional. The passenger that requested the ride was in a well trafficked area (at a Wahlburgers at The Battery in North Atlanta). It was around 9pm, so it was a bit surprising to see my passenger was this intoxicated at this early hour. Her companion complemented the choice of music and said they were comfortable with the temperature. Intoxication is NEVER a reason I would reject a rider as one of my main goals is to help prevent drunk driving in my home city while I get paid to do it. I drive primarily at night between 8pm and 3am depending on how busy it is. My passenger and her companion were both very quiet. she especially so as she passed out a few minutes into the ride. The ride ended with a thank you from the male passenger and the Uber account holder also said thank you and made her way with her companions assistance out of the car. I know it is only my word to a stranger that I am a polite driver, safe and also one who maintains and keeps his vehicle clean at all times. The car is scented with essential oils to eliminate odors and I am frequently complimented on this touch.

Screenshot_2019-04-12-02-42.jpg

There are many more where this came from. I take great pride in doing this job well and giving my passengers a safe and clean ride.

So to answer your initial question No. There is no reason for a passenger to lodge such complaint against me. Her drunken reasons are her own, and frankly I find drunken opinions to be somewhat unreliable as intoxication is, by it's very definition a state in which one's decision-making is impaired.

Nats121

Hi DriverMark
Nothing about the ride was exceptional. The passenger that requested the ride was in a well trafficked area (at a Wahlburgers at The Battery in North Atlanta). It was around 9pm, so it was a bit surprising to see my passenger was this intoxicated at this early hour. Her companion complemented the choice of music and said they were comfortable with the temperature. Intoxication is NEVER a reason I would reject a rider as one of my main goals is to help prevent drunk driving in my home city while I get paid to do it. I drive primarily at night between 8pm and 3am depending on how busy it is. My passenger and her companion were both very quiet. she especially so as she passed out a few minutes into the ride. The ride ended with a thank you from the male passenger and the Uber account holder also said thank you and made her way with her companions assistance out of the car. I know it is only my word to a stranger that I am a polite driver, safe and also one who maintains and keeps his vehicle clean at all times. The car is scented with essential oils to eliminate odors and I am frequently complimented on this touch.

View attachment 311357

There are many more where this came from. I take great pride in doing this job well and giving my passengers a safe and clean ride.

So to answer your initial question No. There is no reason for a passenger to lodge such complaint against me. Her drunken reasons are her own, and frankly I find drunken opinions to be somewhat unreliable as intoxication is, by it's very definition a state in which one's decision-making is impaired.
Get a DASHCAM to protect yourself against lying pax looking for free rides or revenge because you "displeased" them somehow.

DigitalBear

Sigh. But driving nights is when I am able to do the most good getting pax home safe, and honestly, this is an exception rather than the rule. I'm just going to have to be a great deal more discerning about whom I provide services to. I will no longer hand out 5 star ratings with ease.

Bryce Harper

Sigh. But driving nights is when I am able to do the most good getting pax home safe, and honestly, this is an exception rather than the rule. I'm just going to have to be a great deal more discerning about whom I provide services to. I will no longer hand out 5 star ratings with ease.
You need to start looking out for you. Do you think those drunk pax thought about your financial loss before they falsely accused you of driving drunk? Don’t feel bad for them, just look at pax as dollar signs and refuse the really drunk riders. There are things you can do to limit problems on the rideshare platform......refuse low rated pax, avoid hood pickups, don’t take kids no matter what they say their age is or what their mom told them. By the way neither Uber or Lyft accepts dash cam footage as proof, they won’t even look at it......why you ask?......the algorithm isn’t programmed to consider that. Cam footage might work at a hub but you will get deactivated for a 48 hour rip bc a pax accuses you of drunk driving. Sad but true.

Last edited:

applesvt

I stopped driving after midnight because I was tired of myself and and my car being abused. When the multipliers went away and turned into a flat 2.00 incentives, it was just more reason not to go through that abuse. I now drive between 8am and midnight on the weekends and between 6pm and 11pm on regular work nights. I make less than I did driving until 3am on the weekends, but I would make less anyway with the cut in surge mutipliers. I also never pick up anyone with a 4.6 or lower. There is NO reason for a passenger to get that low of a rating. I suspect many are from drunken, bad behavior. There is drunk and there is smashed. The smashed passengers don't even realize they are smashed, they are the worst.

Last edited:

Moman99

Quit picking up drunks, doing this for a year and a half, I have found that college kids and drunks rate you bad, I got all the way down to a 4.94, then stopped picking up drunks and college kids and am now back to a 4.98. Drunks are a pain in the ass loud and you always have to watch them to make sure there not going to puke.

DriverMark

I drive mostly nights and Friday/Saturday bar closings are my big $$$ times. Yes, get a dash cam. I went for almost 2 years before getting one which wasn't to smart. Check the Vantrue N2 Pro on Amazon. You want the Pro as that one has infrared on both outside and in the cabin. Runs about $200 and you also need a SD Card. They go on flash sales from time to time, got mine for about $130 I think. Looks like Newegg.com has it for $150 on sale through the weekend.

How does a dashcam help you when Uber refuses to care/look?
Sometimes just the mention to Uber in your support ticket is enough to get them to reverse the decision. It's the threat that counts. Also PAX seeing the dashcam can often prevent them from doing stupid things. It sucks crap we have to protect ourselves, but on the flip side, I also understand Uber/Lyft also have to take steps. I've heard some bad stories from PAX about drivers. Rare, but there are drivers that do dumb crap out there.

No Prisoners

Last night while typing on the screen accepted an Uber ride by mistake. Forgot to close the app. Anyhow, I figured I would give someone a nice surprise picking them up in a Tesla. Location one of most exclusive neighborhoods in South Florida.
Upon arrival checked passenger's rating. 4.61. I would never pick up an Uber X below 4.85.
Lady was incredibly polite, gracious, friendly, and attractive.
We talked about her rating. She's from another country, where tipping is not customary.
Anyhow, I explained how rating is affected when passengers don't tip.
Dropped her off, gave her 5 stars, as I almost always do regardless of tipping. Btw she tipped $5 on the app.
When I checked ride details I noticed uber took 53%. Called Uber and told them to check my account to see I never do more than 5 trips per week, because I won't drive for less than 80%. To go ahead and refund the passenger 100%. Rep transferred me to supervisor who just couldn't believe I rather refund the passenge. He never had that reaction from a driver but understood my position. Consequently, he credited me 80% of the ride. I felt bad for customer service. They are the punching bag and have to put up with us. These guys are in Phillipines making pennies per hour. They really don't have a choice.

Alsace Struggle

Find real job.

The Texan

Last night while typing on the screen accepted an Uber ride by mistake. Forgot to close the app. Anyhow, I figured I would give someone a nice surprise picking them up in a Tesla. Location one of most exclusive neighborhoods in South Florida.
Upon arrival checked passenger's rating. 4.61. I would never pick up an Uber X below 4.85.
Lady was incredibly polite, gracious, friendly, and attractive.
We talked about her rating. She's from another country, where tipping is not customary.
Anyhow, I explained how rating is affected when passengers don't tip.
Dropped her off, gave her 5 stars, as I almost always do regardless of tipping. Btw she tipped $5 on the app.
When I checked ride details I noticed uber took 53%. Called Uber and told them to check my account to see I never do more than 5 trips per week, because I won't drive for less than 80%. To go ahead and refund the passenger 100%. Rep transferred me to supervisor who just couldn't believe I rather refund the passenge. He never had that reaction from a driver but understood my position. Consequently, he credited me 80% of the ride. I felt bad for customer service. They are the punching bag and have to put up with us. These guys are in Phillipines making pennies per hour. They really don't have a choice.
You get 80%? Is this a Tesla thing? How much of a Carbon footprint went into to making the electricity you use btw?

I never check their rating. Uber gives you like what 4 seconds to accept the ping? If you're already driving, you have time to look at the rating too? I've got to up my game I guess.