Do Eats customers see their rating?

amazinghl

I don't see how that matters.

It's not like the 1% rating customer can't order from the 1% rating restaurant.

Last edited:

Irishjohn831

I do t think it shows the rating in the eats order app, I don’t even think the rating exists as it does not show you the customers rating at any time.

AtomicBlonde

No, there is nothing in the app or anywhere.

Rating the customer is meaningless. I don’t even bother. If it showed us the customer’s rating and location before we accept, that would be a game changer!

But really, ratings should only mean something if we can go back later and change a thumbs-down to a thumbs-up if they tip. Even then not everyone would go back and check. And that would be pretty much all that matters, right? Tip, thumbs-up. No tip, thumbs-down.

In fact, if Uber cared (HA) they could replace the customer rating completely. Have a button when we finish delivery for “customer gave me a cash tip”. Now, the customer rating is simply the percentage of orders where they gave a tip. That’s what we really want to know, right? Show that in the request, along with customer location.

Ah, we can dream.

Rickos69

I have never given a thumbs down to a customer. I used to give a thumbs up to all of them in case they saw it and tipped.
Nowadays I only give a thumbs up to anyone who tips in cash.

YourFoodIsGettingCold

I give a thumbs up as long as it's clear instructions and easy to deliver. If there are hurdles and challenges then I give the thumbs down. While the ratings may not be for us, Id imagine that Uber may reach out to a customer if their delivery address is unsafe, and undeliverable for whatever reason. Especially if they continuously get the same rating, or experience delivery issues.

Iamfoodgod

Sometimes I wonder if all the thumbs up'ed customers are given to the new drivers and all the thumbed down ones to the old. In a world where neither customer nor driver can see the information, yet Uber collects, what nefarious reasons could they use that info for...

jk right?

AtomicBlonde

I've thumbs-downed a few that were really bad, just being optimistic that maybe Uber is using the data for something. They're gathering it, so they must have a reason, right? That reason could just be to placate us, to make us feel like we can do something that matters by giving us a meaningless button. And that's why I hardly ever bother unless the delivery was really bad. Because that's probably why the button is there. It's not like they're going to reach out to random customers to try to make them better customers for us.

I always rate the restaurants though. 100%. I can't image that Uber isn't using that data for something, and they very well might reach out to a restaurant to help them improve if they're consistently doing something wrong.

Kodyhead

I'd it does I cant find it

I tried asking a few times to the delivery drivers and they had no idea what I was talking about or didnt speak English well enough to understand.

reg barclay

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've thumbs-downed a few that were really bad, just being optimistic that maybe Uber is using the data for something. They're gathering it, so they must have a reason, right? That reason could just be to placate us, to make us feel like we can do something that matters by giving us a meaningless button. And that's why I hardly ever bother unless the delivery was really bad. Because that's probably why the button is there. It's not like they're going to reach out to random customers to try to make them better customers for us.

I always rate the restaurants though. 100%. I can't image that Uber isn't using that data for something, and they very well might reach out to a restaurant to help them improve if they're consistently doing something wrong.
It could be that if a customer or restaurant gets a few flags for the same thing then Uber lets them know.

islanders88

Sometimes I wonder if all the thumbs up'ed customers are given to the new drivers and all the thumbed down ones to the old. In a world where neither customer nor driver can see the information, yet Uber collects, what nefarious reasons could they use that info for...

jk right?
This is why I don't rate at all unless it's a very bad experience and plus to save time. There are some days where you'll notice that you're getting the crappiest and the most difficult to do deliveries one after another. Those aren't just randomly sent pings. Those are all the thumbed down customers Uber usually sets aside for long term Eats drivers.