1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Do drivers use cams for traffic and/or passenger recording?

Discussion in 'Tampa' started by TampaUberJim, Jul 15, 2017.

1. TampaUberJim

TampaUberJim New Member

Relatively new driver, considering getting a dash cam and possibly a cabin cam.

Anyone have experience doing this? Pros / cons? If so, any models to recommend?

2. jervin32189

jervin32189 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes I do. My model isn't the best at night vision so if you're driving at night I would recommend something better like a Falcon F360. Too many crazies out there to not have one, in my opinion.

3. tampauberkris

tampauberkris New Member

i have a falcon f360 i quit picking up pax untill i got one im not afraid of it getting violent but when they try to dispute any charges i have video

4. Taxi818

Taxi818 Member

I have a indigi f600 you it for both passengers and traffic. Also has motion detector for night foot traffic. I would suggest using. Put up signs telling passengers about the camera and that will keep them in check. Especially if you work night.

5. victorious52

victorious52 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    i have two dash cams and a regular camera in the van, the other day had a great and very funny conversation with a very young high school senior and she ok'd it for youtube, and i lost the memory card! :p but i do use it for many reasons, accidents, passenger troubles, but mostly if the conversation is great , it is worth having the recording..yes i have 3 big signs saying i have vide and audio recording going on in the van!

6. Taxi818

Taxi818 Member

Btw. The indigi has dual cams. Inside abd outside the car. You can rotate them. I paid $89 bucks. It's very nice. With motion sensor when out of vehicle.