Do cars behind ever honk at you for double parking even with blinkers on?

DRider85

That happens to you. Yesterday this girl honked many times. I don’t understand why she can’t just go around me. She finally did but still complained. I honked back because I can’t stand people honking at me.

What does she want me to do? Move forward? If I do that how do I know she still won’t just drive up and expect me to keep driving? There were no cars around, so why can’t she just move around me?

what do you do in these situations?

Uberchampion

That happens to you. Yesterday this girl honked many times. I don’t understand why she can’t just go around me. She finally did but still complained. I honked back because I can’t stand people honking at me.

What does she want me to do? Move forward? If I do that how do I know she still won’t just drive up and expect me to keep driving? There were no cars around, so why can’t she just move around me?

Let me ask you a question. Do you honk when @@@@@@bags block the road?

Another Uber Driver

If the pax lives in a street where they know there is no parking to pull over they should be ready outside, if they are not I keep driving until I find a safe spot to park and wait.
Most passengers are not aware of their surroundings. You go to the address, there is no customer or place to wait. You pull to where there is, the customer finally finds you, boards and begins to caterwaul about having to find you. You can try to point out that they need to know where they are and be toes-to-the-kerb, but, recall that no businessman ever "wins" an argument with a customer, regardless of how "right" he is. I have received more than one one-star over this.

Murphy's Law also comes into play (......and Murphy was an optimist). You think that because you are on a small, residential street, you might get away with waiting. Watch how quickly that small street becomes the Beltway when you must wait for your customer.

25rides7daysaweek

I ask the pax,
"do you know what that sound is?"
It's the sound of an idiot
with a horn in his car....

DRider85

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If the pax lives in a street where they know there is no parking to pull over they should be ready outside, if they are not I keep driving until I find a safe spot to park and wait.
unfortunately that’s not how it usually works out in real life. And in San Francisco going around the block could be 10 more minutes. You’d never pick anyone up.

DRider85

Let me ask you a question. Do you honk when @@@@@@bags block the road?
I just go around them. This was on a wide road with no other driving cars at the moment. She could have just went around me and finally she did. Don’t know why she wasted time. For me, I have to stay because I’m waiting for pax. It wouldn’t be worth it to drive around the blocks to pick them up. That’s how most rides in SF go. You rarely find a spot to park to pick someone up.

DRider85

Maybe it takes 10 minutes to go around the block because people double park, blocking traffic? :smiles:
it is what it is. Every Uber driver here double parks. No other way to work.
Post automatically merged:

When I worked in SF, meter maids were very good at handing out tickets.
have never once got a ticket for double parking.

DRider85

Don't make assumptions... Cuz I don't double park for shyt.... Passengers aren't that important they can walk down to where I could park safely and legally... Or order another damn ride....
Many times there’s nowhere to park. If I didn’t double park, I’d miss 70 percent of rides and just keep driving around and around.

Even Door Dashers tell me they double park and get out of their cars.

dmoney155

STOP BLOCKING THE ROADS!!!!! PEOPLE LIKE YOU IRRITATE THE POO OUT OF ME... YES I SLAM THE HORN SO HARD FOR EACH AND EVERY UBER DRIVER BLOCKING THE ROAD. PICK UP PAX AT LOCATIONS WHERE YOU WILL NOT BLOCK THE LANE.

Uber drivers are by far worse drivers out there. OPs post proves my point. Blinking light do not give you permission to stop where you please.

Many times there’s nowhere to park. If I didn’t double park, I’d miss 70 percent of rides and just keep driving around and around.

Even Door Dashers tell me they double park and get out of their cars.
Yes, so your selfishness shows very well then.

How about you cancel the ride and collect your cancel fee and move on. If pax is dumb requesting pick up at bad location, it doesn't mean you have to follow.

YOUR HORN WORKS! IT WORKS PRETTY GOOD, IN FACT!!
HORN AND HIGHBEAMS BABY!!!! WOOOOO,