DNC Mess in Philadelphia

gokittygo

The Wells Fargo MESS is ridiculous. I sat in the traffic (we are talking 800 ft away from the entrance) for an HOUR last night, only to have my pax cancel on me after I was in the lot and so sandwiched in the line of cars trying to funnel into the Uber pickup lot, that there was no way I could get out. A wasted an hour in the heat for NOTHING . (you would think I'd be able to find another pax in need of a ride but the overflow of Uber drivers waiting in the designated spaces was so full, there wasn't even a space available) Before this ride, I had been successful in telling the pax to walk out to Packer Ave. This one said No. Ok, I thought maybe they were old or something. Just before she cancelled, she phoned me. It was a young woman. She was annoyed she was waiting too long and should she maybe walk to the street? Arghhhhh! I told her that was why I asked her to walk to the Holiday Inn. She said she would wait. Then she cancelled. I feel like I should be compensated. I'm still annoyed.

Disgusted Driver

Very simple rule to follow:

Any time Uber promotes a big event to drivers to bring them into town, it will be a disaster. Fares are not high enough to pay for your time waiting to get there and then you get the stupid pax that think you are Uber Helicopter. Big sporting events, large festivals, these conventions, it's hard to make money.

Old Smokey

The Wells Fargo MESS is ridiculous. I sat in the traffic (we are talking 800 ft away from the entrance) for an HOUR last night, only to have my pax cancel on me after I was in the lot and so sandwiched in the line of cars trying to funnel into the Uber pickup lot, that there was no way I could get out. A wasted an hour in the heat for NOTHING . (you would think I'd be able to find another pax in need of a ride but the overflow of Uber drivers waiting in the designated spaces was so full, there wasn't even a space available) Before this ride, I had been successful in telling the pax to walk out to Packer Ave. This one said No. Ok, I thought maybe they were old or something. Just before she cancelled, she phoned me. It was a young woman. She was annoyed she was waiting too long and should she maybe walk to the street? Arghhhhh! I told her that was why I asked her to walk to the Holiday Inn. She said she would wait. Then she cancelled. I feel like I should be compensated. I'm still annoyed.
They will give you your $5.00. FUBER ON, Philadelphia drivers could help the cause nationally for driver plight but you decided to make that life changing money.

gokittygo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They will give you your $5.00. FUBER ON, Philadelphia drivers could help the cause nationally for driver plight but you decided to make that life changing money.
Why do you think I've accepted $5 from Uber. I'm trying to make a stink about this to help out all Uber drivers, but I keep getting, "gee, we understand" emails form Uber.

LA Cabbie

Very simple rule to follow:

Any time Uber promotes a big event to drivers to bring them into town, it will be a disaster. Fares are not high enough to pay for your time waiting to get there and then you get the stupid pax that think you are Uber Helicopter. Big sporting events, large festivals, these conventions, it's hard to make money.
Very true. You want to go in at the tail end of the event and pick-off er I mean pick-up the stragglers. Following this method I usually get long trips. Of course it is a lot less headache because traffic would have died down.

For all the suckers who got conned by Uber into driving hours away to the DNC because you will make a lot of money. At your rates of less than a dollar a mile, not worth it at all. As for surge, you know Uber manipulates that? No way they would have a surge even if one really is needed, they would never let it surge at a convention with both politics and media are present and looking for stories.

You see folks, when I drove cab in Los Angeles, I might get a message that LAX is moving and they need cabs. By the time I get there, two things can happen. Either all I get is small trips or I end up getting just one trip because it has died down. In both instances because the minimum fare is $15, I at least got gas covered if I have to come back. If it is moving but all small trips, I still make OK money even though I have added stress.

You Uber drivers on the other have to make each and every mile count from the time you start driving until you finish for the day. Uber On!