1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

DLA5 change

Discussion in 'Flex' started by Movaldriver, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Movaldriver

Movaldriver Well-Known Member

Now we are supposed to scan the code on the bag instead of each package. Every day now I have returns because they weren't picked up in the scan. I was told to do it this way because if I scan individually and hold up the line it could be an issue. Today and yesterday I was towards the back and had to wait for people in front of me who were still scanning every one. This is really causing more problems it's not working well at all. Need to be more careful with putting routes together. Nobody likes having a bunch of packages to return. Also need to enforce the bag scan, I don't appreciate getting stuck behind people who decide they will do it the old way. Especially after being told it was not a choice, it's the new rule.

2. nighthawk398

nighthawk398 Well-Known Member

So you can't pick up while you're out on the road

oicu812 likes this.
  3. Movaldriver

I don't know until I'm done then pickup option is gone.

4. nighthawk398

nighthawk398 Well-Known Member

You should do a sanity check when you down to like 10 boxes left

Randompanzy, Movaldriver and oicu812 like this.
  5. Movaldriver

Yeah sometimes I do other days I just completely forget to do it

6. oicu812

oicu812 Well-Known Member

I have my packages sorted by zones. If I'm onto the next zone and have packages left from the last zone, I know I missed a scan or two.

7. Amsoil Uber Connect

Amsoil Uber Connect Well-Known Member

I asked about that when I first started and they advised against it. Something smells phishy.

Movaldriver likes this.
  8. Cynergie

Cynergie Well-Known Member

Don't argue with them. Scan the potential concessions filled bag & clear the WH.

Drive to the nearest parking lot/location

Open the bag and spend the next 10 min verifying every single package on your itenary is in your bag. This means you're doing exactly what you would've done if individual scan at WH.

Basically invest 10 min to arrange/organize your deliveries by drop off order based on your itenary. Use this time to reorganize late adds etc. Amazon tries to sneak in that woul cost you delivery time. Be sure to mark/note any omissions.

Then get in your car and start driving to your first drop off.

While en route, call CS and GIVE THEM the numbers for any missing pkgs or pkgs with issues (or if possible, try immediately returning to WH and notifying them of issues. Do this only if possible but doesn't sound likely as it sounds your WH is crowded)

Sounds too complicated? Ain't got time for dat?

Well Amazon don't have time for driver concessions neither.......

9. Bygosh

Bygosh Active Member

Scan individually or become one of the many drivers deactivated due to logistics employees incompetence. If they say you are holding up the line then offer to scan outside.

Bottom line is they have huge turnover in the people sorting packages and you will get blamed for the mistakes. Only way to not get blamed is make sure there are no issues before you swipe finish / leave.

Side Hustle and Cynergie like this.
  10. Cynergie

Cynergie Well-Known Member

If I didn't know better-- and was just a bit more paranoid-- I'd swear this is how Amazon is quietly culling its bloated Flex driver fleet. The deactivation route is too obvious IMO

11. Amsoil Uber Connect

Amsoil Uber Connect Well-Known Member

Your about 11 months late to the party. I never scanned a bag at DLA5.