DLA3 5hrs?

Nubiwon

Does anyone have experience with the 5 hours block? Is it worth it or better just to do 2x 3 hour blocks?

Placebo17

Keep us posted. How many stops do you get for 5 hour blocks and are they all apt and businesses?

ZoomZoomFlex

Was told at DLA5 that this morning at check in the 5 hour blocks are for those who opted in and stated they have a "large" vehicle.

According to DLA5, when you first show up for a 5 hour block, your vehicle will be inspected and it has to be signed off by the warehouse as eligible for a 5 hour block. So, if you got a 5 hr, don't pull in the warehouse in a Prius C or you'll be sent home. They are expecting Expeditions, Excursions, Tahoes, Suburbans, large Mini Vans and Covered Trucks. etc; at least at DLA5. Smaller SUVs and Crossovers won't be approved.

jester121

They are expecting Expeditions, Excursions, Tahoes, Suburbans, large Mini Vans and Covered Trucks. etc; at least at DLA5. Smaller SUVs and Crossovers won't be approved.

... which is dumb as crap, since when they sent out the survey about "would you be interested in Large Vehicle blocks" they specifically had a space on the form to specify what make & model of vehicle you drive.

Come on Amazon, don't be completely stone dumb about everything, all the time.... sheesh.

enigmaquip

what's funny about that is their internal requirement is 42 cubic feet of space for packages, which many smaller suvs will fit

ZoomZoomFlex

... which is dumb as crap, since when they sent out the survey about "would you be interested in Large Vehicle blocks" they specifically had a space on the form to specify what make & model of vehicle you drive.

Come on Amazon, don't be completely stone dumb about everything, all the time.... sheesh.

what's funny about that is their internal requirement is 42 cubic feet of space for packages, which many smaller suvs will fit

Not that I would opt in for it anyway, but I asked if my Subaru crossover would work and I was told probably not since it's low profile and I can only fit two very large boxes in my back seats as I did this morning.

jester121

Yeah, I'm not seeing where the 5 hr large loads are any kind of a good deal for drivers, assuming it's 80 boxes or so, and the crappiest kind of blocks (apartments and other dense areas... )

I'd rather do a pair of 2.5s really...

Amsoil Uber Connect

May thoughts exactly, I just wanted to repeat it. :biggrin:

Those peeps need to step out of there cubical once and a while.

In fact I recommend they do 1 4hr block once a month so they get a good dose of really.

Movaldriver

These 5 hour blocks are another reason blocks are harder to get. They give those routes way too many packages from what I have seen. That takes away a few routes for others and costs Amazon less money. Pay 18 bucks for what would be a 2-3 hour route on its own. Today there was a line of mini vans doing 5 hour routes and they were stuffed full. Not worth it. The aggravation trying to locate packages would be horrible.

Placebo17

These 5 hour blocks are another reason blocks are harder to get. They give those routes way too many packages from what I have seen. That takes away a few routes for others and costs Amazon less money. Pay 18 bucks for what would be a 2-3 hour route on its own. Today there was a line of mini vans doing 5 hour routes and they were stuffed full. Not worth it. The aggravation trying to locate packages would be horrible.

Looks like people doing 5 hour blocks got rid of the 4 hour and 3.5 hour blocks at my warehouse.

There are plenty of desperate people at my warehouse that can't do math. Driving gas guzzlers that get less than 15 miles per gallon city, sometimes doing deliveries that are 20 to 30 miles away, I don't know what they're thinking. Actually they're not thinking. Might as well work for the white van people and get paid $12 an hour.

oicu812

Cheaper for Amazon to get minivan flex drivers to work more.

There was a 6 hr route for DLA9 today.

Kevin Melendez

Looks like people doing 5 hour blocks got rid of the 4 hour and 3.5 hour blocks at my warehouse.

There are plenty of desperate people at my warehouse that can't do math. Driving gas guzzlers that get less than 15 miles per gallon city, sometimes doing deliveries that are 20 to 30 miles away, I don't know what they're thinking. Actually they're not thinking. Might as well work for the white van people and get paid $12 an hour.

How do u sign up

Placebo17

How do u sign up

If you do this gig long enough, they'll come and try to recruit you. Or if you want to apply ASAP, just ask one of the white van drivers if there's an opening. I'm pretty sure the turnover rate is high.

Cheaper for Amazon to get minivan flex drivers to work more.

There was a 6 hr route for DLA9 today.

Can you imagine 60 to 80 packages all apartments and businesses? Yikes... No thanks. I prefer two 3 hour blocks any day.