Distracting passenger phone calls, eating drinking etc. Can driver disallow?

medusa

As a driver I have no problem with short low voiced phone calls passengers may make.....short n sweet. But there are those that speak loudly, are on their phone the entire trip or are otherwise distracting for me. Can I disallow cel phone use, eating and drinking in my car since it affects my security and driving performance? Has anyone been deactivated for disallowing these. Really as with many things in society it is the totality of people that are paying for the bad behavior of others ( and Uber's ass kissing to customers and screwing drivers ) that make this a necessary action.

yankdog

As a driver I have no problem with short low voiced phone calls passengers may make.....short n sweet. But there are those that speak loudly, are on their phone the entire trip or are otherwise distracting for me. Can I disallow cel phone use, eating and drinking in my car since it affects my security and driving performance? Has anyone been deactivated for disallowing these. Really as with many things in society it is the totality of people that are paying for the bad behavior of others ( and Uber's ass kissing to customers and screwing drivers ) that make this a necessary action.
Ask them to stop all of this once. Low cell voice is fine. Loud is not. If they continue it kick them out of your car. If you refuse and lack the skills to convince them to get out (it's ok it is not for everyone) then call the police. If you ask them to go then they have to go. Once they are gone email Uber or LYFT immediately and destroy them after your obvious 1 star. I mean destroy. Your story has to get out and be more compelling or these bullshit companies will favor pax over you. Destroy them in your message. Pax we're rude, disruptive, distracted you, created unsafe work conditions. Perhaps you felt unsafe. Pax support N Korea and Iran nuke and missile test. They shit on grandma and apple pie.

HPClays

I would absolutely ban eating and drinking in your vehicle because of the inherent messes. But cell phone use, while I will agree is a tad rude, it doesn't bother me or make my driving less safe. If someone talking on their cell phone distracts you, this might not be the best job for you. Good luck out there!

Static22

Lmao chiiillllll. Talking loudly effects your security and driving performance? HOW SWAY? Bruh, just tell them to lower their voice. I always read about how people skip over the simple solutions and just go to the extreme. Very entertaining

yankdog

Lmao chiiillllll. Talking loudly effects your security and driving performance? HOW SWAY? Bruh, just tell them to lower their voice. I always read about how people skip over the simple solutions and just go to the extreme. Very entertaining
Then kick them out

lcc421110

I will stop then let the pax finished their phone call. I will open the rear door ask pax get out if they complain .

Another Uber Driver

Do not allow eating. Do not allow them to drink alcoholic beverages. I will allow coffee, but ask them to be careful not to slop it out of the cup. I allow bottled water, sodas in bottles or cans and cups of soda with a lid and a straw. I will ask them not to give their children any drinks, as children tend to be careless and could spill them.

If they are talking in a normal or low voice, it should not be a problem. If they are talking loud or screaming, ask them politely to lower their voice. If they ignore you, remind them. If they ignore you a third time, well, no one gets more than three strikes.........................

LEAFdriver

I would absolutely ban eating and drinking in your vehicle because of the inherent messes. But cell phone use, while I will agree is a tad rude, it doesn't bother me or make my driving less safe. If someone talking on their cell phone distracts you, this might not be the best job for you. Good luck out there!
Until a few weeks ago....I would have agreed 100% with this.

But then, I got an eastern Indian man who talked NON-STOP....and I mean NON-STOP :confused: on his phone ALL the way to the airport!!!!!

It started off normally, after I started the trip he said he would be making a phone call. (Can't remember if he asked or not...but I would not have said No) It was a weekend and traffic was light. But halfway there, I noticed this guy did not let up for a SECOND!! He was speaking English in a very hard to understand accent and would go back and forth between English and his language. By the time I got close to dropping him off.....I wanted to pull my hair out! :eek:

I don't know who was on the other end of that phone call....but I bet if they were in an Uber/Lyft too.....their driver had a nice quiet drive! :cool:

Jo3030

I personally do not allow eating or drinking.
People generally don't test me. If I hear them drinking quietly and I notice it's a secure cup / bottled water, I don't bring it up, let it happen.

In terms of phone calls, I let all phone calls take place. 99% of customers aren't loud so it's not a big deal, I just turn up the volume to front speakers so I can hear my music better. I have no music playing in the back so they have better clarity on their phone calls. Honestly, it doesn't quite bother me.

koyotemohn

I had some girl in the summer talk about all sorts of personal business and I tased the car with acid techno.

When she finally asked for the lower volume I firmly spoke to her...so even her friend could hear me.

I will as long as you LOWER YOUR VOICE.

conservative college girl from H.U.

It was a via ride so I couldn’t rate her...but here is the thing...if I can’t rate a pax I care less about them. I had a via rider enter into rush hour easing me to turn down my music so she could read and study.

No I’m not going to drive you around in rush hour traffic in silence.

Until rates get raised fornicate them all.

Last edited:

DJWolford

Its part of the job to cater to pax.

not just say STFU you white male pax

Better advice would be u should get into a job that doesn't revolve around people

yankdog

I had some girl in the summer talk about all sorts of personal business and I tased the car with acid techno.

When she finally asked for the lower volume I firmly spoke to her...so even her friend could hear me.

I will as long as you LOWER YOUR VOICE.

conservative college girl from H.U.

It was a via ride so I couldn’t rate her...but here is the thing...if I can’t rate a pax I care less about them. I had a via rider enter into rush hour easing me to turn down my music so she could read and study.

No I’m not going to drive you around in rush hour traffic in silence.

Until rates get raised f them all.
This is the point . Pay me more and you get to listen to Classical Music . Until then it's sports and news, what I WANT

koyotemohn

Because I love it
What exactly do you love?

Part of the job is not catering to pax. That is just a slant that bears no meaning on how much you take home.

We don’t get paid more to cater to pax...be they white supremacist....antebellum bewshit chewers...neoliberal lip flappers...colored....yellow....hispanolic...japanese....black as blackety black can get or otherwise.

We really just get paid to take pax from a to b.

UberPotomac

There is a member here that can hook you up with a Pizza Deliver gig. You may be more comfortable carrying boxes that do not speak back.!!!!!

What does the” stfu u white male pax part come in???

You kinda jumped the shark on that shit right there.
Yes, it sound like “ I need my medication” kind of comment.