Distance of 0 - Uber will not pay

RavFlower

Somehow my entire trip has a distance of 0 miles, even though it is showing 16 minutes of long pickup (so 10 mins + 16 mins) and then a 6 minute ride. The time is all logged correctly but the distance is not. I got paid $4.38 for this half hour trip. The review-bot says I was OVERPAID! The support people say they cannot change the mileage.

This happen to anyone else?

Attachments

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Somehow my entire trip has a distance of 0 miles, even though it is showing 16 minutes of long pickup (so 10 mins + 16 mins) and then a 6 minute ride. The time is all logged correctly but the distance is not. I got paid $4.38 for this half hour trip. The review-bot says I was OVERPAID! The support people say they cannot change the mileage.

You should have ghosted the ride. Uber does not like paying on very sort trips, due to GPS or address measurements. Driving from one side of a shopping mall to the other can be hundreds of acres, but the same address. Just drive the full route in the contract between Uber and Rider.

The Gift of Fish

I am not going to publish the addresses of my rider.
Well, "your" rideshare company stiffed you, so I wouldn't be so protective.

Anyway, yes, Uber does bend drivers over with no lube by miscalculating fares and refusing to pay. It's a cost of doing business with them. The recourse is to longhaul a few pax until you've recovered the missing money.

Daisey77

I didn't say publish your passengers addresses. How hard is it to crop out the address above the map? A screenshot of the map is hardly enough to be able to pinpoint exactly where your passengers are. There definitely is not enough information to be able to detect which person on that street is your passenger🙄

SinTaxERROR

Notice the message at the bottom of his trip... “most trip earnings are based on time AND/OR distance”... notice the AND/OR? Shouldn’t it be time AND distance? Seems Uber found a way to make the most profit based on an AND/OR statement 🤔🤷‍♂️ LOL

Just sayin’...

Daisey77

Notice the message at the bottom of his trip... “most trip earnings are based on time AND/OR distance”... notice the AND/OR? Shouldn’t it be time AND distance? Seems Uber found a way to make the most profit based on an AND/OR statement 🤔🤷‍♂️ LOL

Just sayin’...
AND notice in the breakdown part how is says rounding applied? WTF is rounding applied?🤦

SinTaxERROR

It actually took this driver 26 mins to get to pick up location, not 16. Long distance pick up fees don’t start until about 10-11 mins into the trip in most markets too.

This driver @@@@ed themselves the moment they accepted the request notwithstanding anything else that may be wrong here... 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Gone_in_60_seconds

This is why I always take screenshots before and after. The CSR are useless. They are not there to help the drivers.

RavFlower

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You should have ghosted the ride. Uber does not like paying on very sort trips, due to GPS or address measurements. Driving from one side of a shopping mall to the other can be hundreds of acres, but the same address. Just drive the full route in the contract between Uber and Rider.
It was a 16 mile long pickup and then a 2 mile trip, not a very short trip. The system did not record the miles.
Post automatically merged:

It actually took this driver 26 mins to get to pick up location, not 16. Long distance pick up fees don’t start until about 10-11 mins into the trip in most markets too.

This driver @@@@ed themselves the moment they accepted the request notwithstanding anything else that may be wrong here... 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
I think you are correct, accepting Uber trips is a good way to get @@@@ed.

I didn't say publish your passengers addresses. How hard is it to crop out the address above the map? A screenshot of the map is hardly enough to be able to pinpoint exactly where your passengers are. There definitely is not enough information to be able to detect which person on that street is your passenger🙄
The map shows I never left the point where I received the call. I really don't think I drove around this gas station parking lot for 30 minutes - or that the passenger magically transported to the destination.

Attachments

Last edited:

SinTaxERROR

It was a 16 mile long pickup and then a 2 mile trip, not a very short trip. The system did not record the miles.

I think you are correct, accepting Uber trips is a good way to get @@@@ed.

The map shows I never left the point where I received the call. I really don't think I drove around this gas station parking lot for 30 minutes - or that the passenger magically transported to the destination.
That issue is most likely due to you losing connection to cell phone data service. Was your GPS tracking properly while en route? Or was it all over the place - like showing you driving in the grass?

Daisey77

I understand what you're saying but let's be honest here. Uber owed you the last 6 minutes on the pickup, to take a minimum fare trip. You do realize the minimum fare supplement that they normally pay does not pay out typically on premium pickups, don't you?.
So you really didn't get screwed out of much, if anything. What's your pay per mile and minute and what's your minimum fare payout? Basically you're minimum fare supplement from that trip was eaten up by your premium pick up payout

RavFlower

That issue is most likely due to you losing connection to cell phone data service. Was your GPS tracking properly while en route? Or was it all over the place - like showing you driving in the grass?
There was no problem whatsoever with the GPS, it was on and functioning correctly the entire time. The map knew where I was exactly and showed me driving on the route.

I understand what you're saying but let's be honest here. Uber owed you the last 6 minutes on the pickup to take a minimum fare. You do realize the minimum fare supplement that they normally pay does not pay out typically on premium pickups. So you really didn't get screwed out of much if anything. What's your pay per mile and minute and what's your minimum fare payout? Basically you're minimum fare supplement from that trip was eaten up by your premium pick up payout
I understand what you are saying about the supplement and surge, yes. The mileage for long trips is the standard mileage for the miles after 10 minutes. This trip should have paid double at least.

SinTaxERROR

There was no problem whatsoever with the GPS, it was on and functioning correctly the entire time. The map knew where I was exactly and showed me driving on the route.
You could still have a GPS failure as GPS preloads the route. If you would have deviated from the route, that would have been the only way to know for sure as the GPS would not have re-routed if no signal was available.

RavFlower

You could still have a GPS failure as GPS preloads the route. If you would have deviated from the route, that would have been the only way to know for sure as the GPS would not have re-routed if no signal was available.
Ohhhhh here is the bit of magic I did not know was happening. But how does it know when to give the next instruction if the GPS is not transmitting live in real time? Also, the time was recorded properly, so they could see in real time when I got there and when I completed the trip. Is this not part of the GPS functioning also?

Daisey77

Ohhhhh here is the bit of magic I did not know was happening. But how does it know when to give the next instruction if the GPS is not transmitting live in real time? Also, the time was recorded properly, so they could see in real time when I got there and when I completed the trip. Is this not part of the GPS functioning also?
Does say it was rounded so I'm guessing the time was actually The Upfront guesstimate