Disney May Start Its Own TNC.

UberChad

Not surprising to me as they already even offer free transportation and "sponsor" or at the very least inspire free transportation even to and from the Hotels they don't even own or run. If I was Uber this would be on the very bottom of my list of worries and even in worst case scenario for them something they wouldn't or shouldn't have to concern themselves with for years. But id get moving on the rest of the list lol

UberIsAScam

While I don't know the details being discussed behind closed doors, I doubt Disney is doing this for the money. They are probably doing it to ensure their guests have a satisfactory experience at the parks. While they aren't responsible if their guests have a bad Fuber experience (sketchy driver, crappy car, etc) it still impacts the gusts' overall experience at Disney. The best way to make sure guests are receiving quality transportation...own it.

The Mollusk

Ubers schtick is getting people to burn their cars up for minimum wage. Now Disney wants you to burn your cars up as well ?

Shine'ola

This will be incredibly hard for Disney to pull off. Will Disney be able to have drivers as Independent Contractors ? If so the drivers can blow off bad rides =bad experiences. Employee drivers brings many new things into play.

Mars Troll Number 4

(NOTE.. ALL SPECULATION)

It could also be a way for Disney to real in and take control over the activities of the Ride-share vehicles. With their deal with Mears, they can actually ALWAYS figure out what happened when their are complaints. Disney's word is the law for Mears when it comes to the cabs on their property.

If Disney makes it's own rideshare service... (Added for clarity)

Side note... they *could* throw all the other ride sharing except (How's Disney's MouseShare for a name?) off their and they could actually have vehicle inspections, driver background checks... ect ect... and get all the rusty raggidy unsafe Uber cars off their property.

Additionally... they could require commercial auto insurance and price everyone but Uber black out of the market.

But that would be a conspiracy theory...

(THE ABOVE IS 100% Speculation)

Last edited:

Bob Reynolds

Here's one way this can go down:

Customer pushes Disney cab app button on their smart phone. Disney cab rolls up and picks up passenger.

Toyota Camry Hybrid has Disney graphics wrapped all over it.

In small letters on the lower front fender, of the cab, it says:

"Operated by Mears Destination Services"

tohunt4me

Will Disney be opening their own Wal Mart type store also ?
Snow white & Micky as cashiers.
7 dwarfs stocking shelves . . . all 7 to reach 1 shelf .
Bambi i N the meat Dept.,cooling off
.Disney Mart.

Last edited:

Mickeym88

Here's one way this can go down:

Customer pushes Disney cab app button on their smart phone. Disney cab rolls up and picks up passenger.

Toyota Camry Hybrid has Disney graphics wrapped all over it.

In small letters on the lower front fender, of the cab, it says:

"Operated by Mears Destination Services"
This is what would happen. Disney would sub it to mears. They would then cannibalize the taxi guys just like magical express did years ago. Mt4. You should trademark mouseshare now. But maybe a cars theme... Towmaters pick up....or McQueen racer...

Demon

This will be incredibly hard for Disney to pull off. Will Disney be able to have drivers as Independent Contractors ? If so the drivers can blow off bad rides =bad experiences. Employee drivers brings many new things into play.
Disney already has a huge pool of employee drivers, I don't see that being an issue at all.

I see this has having 3 big benefits for Disney.

1. It would bring them additional profit. Yes they already have buses that will take you anywhere on property, but if a guest didn't want to wait for a bus they could have their own ride waiting for them for an additional fee.

2. It will keep guests on property as the Disney TNC would only take you to another location on property or the airport. If you wanted to take Uber or Lyft to somewhere else in Orlando you would still need to take Disney TNC to the edge of property and then contact an Uber or Lyft from there.

3. It would give Disney control of the experience.