• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Discrimination Awareness in Queensland course

Golfer

Ok so I received my
Peter thank you for completing course etc.which I showed Chris , a hub person
I have just left the Hub , my question ,was

Do we get a paper copy , to carry with us in our glove box , as this is law , and I may accodently delete this email , an TMR may want to seeit .
Answer from Cris was
Uber are working on it , and should have a doco you can print out shortly.
Me thinks this time Uber are tired of other co's using them , and theres will only apply to Uber .
Outsourcing this would have cost uber a quid or to
So if you want to drive for other providers , it's between you and , ola/ didi
Uber haver covered it this time
Their certificate will only cover driving for them ,from what I understood .
The others can sought it out themselves .
Uber are very, very ,very clever .
Umm I think I've mentioned that before :smiles: :smiles: :smiles: :smiles:

Hugh G

Ok so I received my

Do we get a paper copy , to carry with us in our glove box , as this is law , and I may accodently delete this email , an TMR may want to seeit .
Answer from Cris was
Me thinks this time Uber are tired of other co's using them , and theres will only apply to Uber .
For us who are compliant after completing the course UBER has a record as it has sent us out an email.

Hopefully UBER would also notify the Queensland Govt department that is enforcing this regulation that the driver of BHTX number XXXXXX has completed the course. Not that hard really, if pulled over by those Transport guys then they just look up your BHTX details on their system and it would show you are compliant....

Never underestimate the stupidity and/or lack of common sense of Govt Departments, this requirement was gazetted 12 months ago - any bets on them automating it ??

As Aug 1st approaches will UBER remind those drivers who are non-compliant ?

On Aug 2nd will those drivers who are STILL non-compliant be allowed to logon to the APP ?

Golfer

For us who are compliant after completing the course UBER has a record as it has sent us out an email.

Hopefully UBER would also notify the Queensland Govt department that is enforcing this regulation that the driver of BHTX number XXXXXX has completed the course. Not that hard really, if pulled over by those Transport guys then they just look up your BHTX details on their system and it would show you are compliant....

Never underestimate the stupidity and/or lack of common sense of Govt Departments, this requirement was gazetted 12 months ago - any bets on them automating it ??

As Aug 1st approaches will UBER remind those drivers who are non-compliant ?

On Aug 2nd will those drivers who are STILL non-compliant be allowed to logon to the APP ?
In answer to you questions ,
From the "butcher "

Yes they will continually remind drivers , I got 2 reminders myself , about Aug the1st

You will DEFINATELY not be able to access the uber DRIVERS app .

I told Chris I am on the forum and will put his info up,
But there are many who are not on the UP Forum ,
The above answers are from him.

Sleepo

Ok so I received my

Answer from Cris was
Didi have said they will accept Uber training

Kyanar

Nope. There is no record in TRAILS of you completing the training, which is why you will not be asked at the roadside for evidence of completion - Transport Compliance can ask for evidence in the course of an audit, but not at a traffic stop.

Answer from Cris was
You’re actually not required to carry the certificate, believe it or not. And Uber legally cannot provide you a certificate that does not contain the following attributes: full name, date of completion, industry authority number, and competencies covered (which is all another company needs to be satisfied that you have completed the course).

But since when has Uber complied with the law?

Hugh G

And Uber legally cannot provide you a certificate that does not contain the following attributes: full name, date of completion, industry authority number, and competencies covered (which is all another company needs to be satisfied that you have completed the course).
I'm pretty sure if the "competencies covered" fall under either the ASQA or VET umbrellas there may be other requirements.

What is the VET system in Australia?

Australia's vocational education and training (VET) system. Vocational Educational and Training (VET) forms an integral piece of the Australian Education system and is designed to deliver workplace specific skills and knowledge based competencies.

Once they get involved it's a complete can-of-worms !

Kyanar

I'm pretty sure if the "competencies covered" fall under either the ASQA or VET umbrellas there may be other requirements.

Once they get involved it's a complete can-of-worms !
They very specifically do not. TMR took great pains to clarify that no VET/RTO involvement was necessary to meet the requirements.

Personally, I would have thought a saner approach would be the department either conducting the training or creating the materials for the operators to present.

Golfer

I have an inkling , from my chat at the hub , ubers course , will strickly be for uber only , as Chirs said when I hinted around the subject,

In my above visit to the hub ,uber are " working" on a hard copy we can print to carry in our car :unsure:
Post automatically merged:

Not if uber has it's way :sneaky:
I mean the Didi Promo outside the hub , was a bit cheeky:mad:
Anyhow time will tell.
All I can say is that complete the course If you want to keep driving for uber after the August 1st deadline .

It took 2 days for uber to recognise I had done the course , so don't panic , while you wait for recognition

"My man at Uber" says uber will email a printable copy , (may be )

"THEY ARE WORKING ON IT " the key words with innuendo I took away from my visit to the Hub.

Last edited:

Golfer

Nope. There is no record in TRAILS of you completing the training, which is why you will not be asked at the roadside for evidence of completion - Transport Compliance can ask for evidence in the course of an audit, but not at a traffic stop.

You’re actually not required to carry the certificate, believe it or not. And Uber legally cannot provide you a certificate that does not contain the following attributes: full name, date of completion, industry authority number, and competencies covered (which is all another company needs to be satisfied that you have completed the course).

But since when has Uber complied with the law?
Well uber has all the info you mentioned ,

Now as for sharing their certificate with the " usurpers "
Well that would be easy for them to get exclusivity , "uber only certificate "
I would guess ( and that's all it is )
They have their wordsmith working on it
Those words "WE ARE WORKING ON IT " have a certain ambiguity ,to them :smiles: said with a wry smile , time will tell 2morrows another day :smiles:
Oh I should add, GO THE BLUES ,there are more important things than Rideshare

KawanaPete

Oh I should add, GO THE BLUES ,there are more important things than Rideshare
[/QUOTE]
The best quote i have ever read from you Pete! Go the cockroachs!! Much more important than ubering or olaing ..👣

Kyanar

Ola’s given up charging.
Must have realised come 1 August they would have no drivers.
Their course has some differences from Uber’s - Uber would have us think saying someone’s haircut is nice is sexual harassment. You say that on Ola’s course and you fail! You have to say it’s not harassment, it’s a nice compliment!

Wrenn

Ola’s given up charging.
Must have realised come 1 August they would have no drivers.
Their course has some differences from Uber’s - Uber would have us think saying someone’s haircut is nice is sexual harassment. You say that on Ola’s course and you fail! You have to say it’s not harassment, it’s a nice compliment!
Yes course is free😃
Each certificate said “OLA Training “ no other description 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Golfer

Yes course is free😃
Each certificate said “OLA Training “ no other description 🤷‍♂️
As I mentioned above the " operative " millenial at the uber hub the other Day when I visited , had a strange confident smirk ,
When he said " WE ARE WORKING ON IT"
I do think uber are tired , of doing all the ground work , now with Ola adds on TV etc :unsure:
It's like " every rideshare co for themselves "
But of course with " Stuber " :smiles: The Movie , :smiles:, ubers indoctrination of the young ,
weeelll I still think their a step ahead :sneaky:
As the Critic said the MOVIE is nothing more than an Uber add
I Give it C minus

Last edited:

Lowestformofwit

As I read this training requirement, the obligation is on the BEA to prove that each driver has been “successfully trained”.
The hefty fines for non-compliance appear to be directed at BEA’s.
If you’re caught driving “untrained” for Uber after 1/8 should you offer to pay their fine?
After all, they paid the fine for some of you back in the “illegal days”.
Be nice if you returned the favour....
As to the “portability’ of training certification - as a BEA, I’m happy to accept any other BEA’s certfication, as they’re the ones putting their heads in the noose of non-compliance, not me, if they’ve certified that you meet the training requirements.

Kyanar

You need to read the Regs as well. s97(1) makes it an offence to drive if you haven’t done the training. But the driver fine is half the BEA fine. So you pay $2600 fine, Uber pays $5200.