• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Discrimination Awareness in Queensland course

Golfer

I believe Trump will be a guest speaker at the course given by Pauline, God bless her All Australian soul. Time to teach some good old fashioned patriarchal values to the PC brainwashed uber corporation.
Well Buckle , Pauline 's from QLD, and " she can help " like Kev 007
Umm not sure about " the Donald " though :thumbdown:
Post automatically merged:

I'm a libertarian and I am extremely insulted that governments think so less of their people that they feel that only draconian laws will force us to pick certain people up.

I will gladly transport any people of any race religion gender etc etc etc, I do not need fascists in parliament ordering me to do it at gunpoint and I am certain that almost all other drivers don't need to be forced to either.
" at gunpoint " you say shite like Marshal Law , Gees this is getting bad , or am I just a panic merchant .
Might get @Llib07 to organise somethings, like at a certain time , we could all gather outside the various State Hubs ,

Perhaps an updated version of " We Shall Overcome " that should tug at their heartstrings :rolleyes: :smiles:

Last edited:

Dnegel

has uber started or sent any message inregards to this course
Just completed the Ola course. Cost $60.
Legislation stated that if you work for more than one BEA, you only need proof that you completed training once. Although not sure if the course offered by Ola is really compliant. Their provider says it is. Went into Uber hub in GC 4 months ago and again 3 weeks ago. First time they didn't even know about this training requirement and last time they reckon, don't worry, we'll send you a message if you need to do it.

Hugh G

I asked support via the in-app help function, and they sent me this link:

http://t.uber.com/anzsafetyedu

So for those who were wondering about getting a certificate they can present to Ola and DiDi to show they‘ve completed a course and save paying Ola’s $60, I contacted Uber support and got told that they email you a certificate at the end so I obviously haven’t finished it. In typical Uber fashion, they’ve once again managed to screw it up. I’m now chasing getting them to fix it to recognise completion of their own course.
Who needs a certificate ?

There are Trophies and Badges galore to be earnt upon completion.

As we speak I'm getting mine laminated and affixed to the dashboard for all to see.

Cups and Badges Galore.png

Cups and Badges #2.png

Can I use this certification in my NASA Astronaut application ??

SolsUber101

Oh my, just got the e-mail.

A new requirement for driver-partners
Complete mandatory driver safety education by 1 August.

I click on Start education and the link?
Hmm… looks like this URL does not exist ?. Are you sure you typed it correctly?

Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:

Who is John Galt?

Oh my, just got the e-mail.

A new requirement for driver-partners
Complete mandatory driver safety education by 1 August.
Start education

I click on Start education and the link?
Hmm… looks like this URL does not exist ?. Are you sure you typed it correctly?

Anyone else have this problem?

No, because SA has until January 2020 to complete it, which I assume means 31st of January so ....mañana, mañana

Attachments

Wrenn

Link works,just completed it,does uber email to confirm you have completed the training?

Kyanar

They email you to say you completed the training but don’t send you the required assessment results. Ola will happily accept your email screenshot to say you’ve done it from some anecdotal evidence, DiDi are waiting to see if Uber comes to the party with their, you know, legally obligated results certificate.

Wrenn

Kyanar,I completed the training but no email to confirm,how long did the confirmation email take?,i phoned support no help,check in 24 hours they say ?‍♂

Kyanar

Not sure. I completed before it was officially released and just got the email today so maybe they’re right about it being 3 days ?‍♂

Golfer

Don't panic !! Nobody panic !! :rolleyes:
Just received an email from uber , today Mon. 1st of July . 3 pm approx , to do course online .
New our partner would " get over it " :smiles:
Have a month so , "tomorrow's another day"
So check out your uber app messages, in profile ,
It is there:smiles:

Addition just checked the Melb. Forum , they received same message .
A few gremlins in the " exam"
Will give it a week and have a go should be sorted by then .
Check Melb Forum , advised( some have rushed into it)

Last edited:

Wrenn

There is possibly a glitch in the online training ,I went through it another 2 times it kept showing modules not completed for some reason,a technology company glitch maybe??,as soon as i completed the modules again they sent a completed email ✔ (That’s my experience)

Attachments

Golfer

There is possibly a glitch in the online training ,I went through it another 2 times it kept showing modules not completed for some reason,a technology company glitch maybe??,as soon as i completed the modules again they sent a completed email ✔ (That’s my experience)
Yeh Wren that's the same expierence, the Melb. Members are finding ,
It is outsourced , which is ubers way.
" shiel be rite mate " it will get sorted in the month left to comply :smiles:
Keep the faith ha ha
There's always the hub for those, lucky enough to be near one :eek::mad:
Besides the coffee machine in West End makes a reasonable brew , when the bloody things working!!!!

Last edited:

Wrenn

Yeh Wren that's the same expierence, the Melb. Members are finding ,
It is outsourced , which is ubers way.
" shiel be write mate " it will get sorted in the month left to comply :smiles:
Keep the faith ha ha
There's always the hub for those, lucky enough to be near one :eek::mad:
You can fast forward the video if you need to do the exam multiple times to complete the modules?thats what i done in the end ?

Golfer

You can fast forward the video if you need to do the exam multiple times to complete the modules?thats what i done in the end ?
As I said I'll get round to it .
We used to say in the building ind.
On a new job
Have a ciggy , and give it a" couple of coats of looking over "

Golfer

So, do we get a certificate? We need something to show Ola etc.
Have no idea Pen I only drive for uber , in which case , it is their exam , and in completion, ( it is outsourced) i imagine the result , will be forwarded to them , it's their way .
Ola i have no idea except what I have read down South , same gremlins :smiles: don't be to concerned 99% will pass it's in the various BEA Holders best interest :rolleyes:

Reactions: Pen

Kyanar

Have no idea Pen I only drive for uber , in which case , it is their exam , and in completion, ( it is outsourced) i imagine the result , will be forwarded to them , it's their way .
Ola i have no idea except what I have read down South , same gremlins :smiles: don't be to concerned 99% will pass it's in the various BEA Holders best interest :rolleyes:
Yah but Ola charges $59 for theirs - so it’s in our best interest not to have to pass it too :o-o:

Reactions: Pen

Sleepo

Yah but Ola charges $59 for theirs - so it’s in our best interest not to have to pass it too :o-o:
Interesting, Ola are refusing to accept other rideshare training than their own

Thank you for contacting Ola.

We understand your concern about the training.

We have been advised that drivers who have completed the training through another rideshare company will need to complete the training through Ola as well to remain compliant. This is unfortunate, however, competitor rideshare companies are not always able to share their records.

For further queries, please feel free to write us an email at [email protected]. We are available 24/7 for your assistance.

Regards,
Alex
Ola Driver Care Australia
Ola - Way To Go