Discrimination Awareness in Queensland course

Kyanar

Would you mind explaining exactly what ?? I'm supposed to get over , a fence ,a gate ??
Umm
Just this morning ,I had to agree to an app update , before I could go online , and I don't have a clue what I agreed to , ( haven't bothered to drive for a few days)
I'm just so used to it ( changes ).
And I don't give a shit :eek:
Besides uber might give me more " appreciation awards ( money ) for being so agreeable :smiles:
Get over having to do training to learn how to treat minorities and people who are different like human beings. Based on the replies from you in this thread and those you've liked, you're one of the reasons it's necessary.

Golfer

Get over having to do training to learn how to treat minorities and people who are different like human beings. Based on the replies from you in this thread and those you've liked, you're one of the reasons it's necessary.
Ok I've got big shoulders I'll carry the blame / sacrifice for the the others .( sinners)
Umm there was a man once who did that , I saw him in Ben Hur ( the original ) ,
If it rains again Tommorow, I'll do some practice" on "the biggest puddle I can find .
:smiles:
But right now I feel like,your insinuation , my names , Brian ?

Last edited:

Golfer

@Melbourne Mod
Happy you closed the other , now we can all get down to the " nitty gritty " times getting away
Hoping my contributions meet with your approval :smiles:
Now as this post and it's pre- emtive conclusions by some , with still a month to go , before our partner , the BEA Holder, makes the final decision , on how to " attack" this new Gov. Hurdle , that i believe as one member keeps telling us, "to get over it " ( with all type of immoral insinuations )
it's not our problem it's ubers ,
So please pardon me for my jovial approach,
Umm might have to watch this space :frown::smiles::rolleyes:

Kyanar

For what it's worth, I've heard that any female drivers can get their training free through Shebah. The irony of gender discrimination!

Rumour has it Uber may be doing theirs as an in-house course (free?) run put of Greenlight Hubs.

Sleepo

For what it's worth, I've heard that any female drivers can get their training free through Shebah. The irony of gender discrimination!

Rumour has it Uber may be doing theirs as an in-house course (free?) run put of Greenlight Hubs.
I can just imagine 500 drivers a day lining up at greenlight hubs to do their training

lebrasee007

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will go to discrimination awareness training on one condition ... there are no women, homos or foreigners there.
Totally agreed with all that don't forget yobbos
Post automatically merged:

Well you have the argument spot on ,
The Gov. Has ruined rideshare , not Uber .
I don't know how long you have, been driving , but I paid $ 38.40 for my DA and nothing else till the Gov. " made us legal" :frown:
And we earnt 80 cents in the Dollar :smiles:
$0.80 in the dollar like when

Golfer

Totally agreed with all that don't forget yobbos

$0.80 in the dollar like when
When illegal uber started , 2014 it was 20 cents commision , per dollar , that why the first drivers are on 20%, so we earnt 8o cents, gross , there were no Gov. Fees/ involment back then , with the exception of fines , for driving uber ,which uber paid :smiles: I remember reading where uber paid $57 million Aust wide, when the state Gov,s one after the other( ACT first ) saw the gold mine and legalised rideshare .

Contrary , to most beliefs uber is not the enemy the State Gov s are :mad:

Last edited:

Kyanar

I was always under the impression that we were independent contractors and therefore may select rider requests on whatever parameters that we may desire.

Any perceived discrimination is obviously a safety consideration.
You may select customers on any basis except protected attributes, like any business. And I think you know full well the type of discrimination that gave rise to this training (i.e abusing customers and kicking them out for being gay, blind with dog etc).

I will say that suggesting that you do and will continue to discriminate on protected attributes and lie about the reason is incredibly inappropriate as well as being unlawful.

So for those who were wondering about getting a certificate they can present to Ola and DiDi to show they‘ve completed a course and save paying Ola’s $60, I contacted Uber support and got told that they email you a certificate at the end so I obviously haven’t finished it. In typical Uber fashion, they’ve once again managed to screw it up. I’m now chasing getting them to fix it to recognise completion of their own course.

Last edited:

Krusty

I'm a libertarian and I am extremely insulted that governments think so less of their people that they feel that only draconian laws will force us to pick certain people up.

I will gladly transport any people of any race religion gender etc etc etc, I do not need fascists in parliament ordering me to do it at gunpoint and I am certain that almost all other drivers don't need to be forced to either.

Kyanar

I'm a libertarian and I am extremely insulted that governments think so less of their people that they feel that only draconian laws will force us to pick certain people up.

I will gladly transport any people of any race religion gender etc etc etc, I do not need fascists in parliament ordering me to do it at gunpoint and I am certain that almost all other drivers don't need to be forced to either.
The problem is that for you or I or many others we absolutely don't need draconian laws and pointless training to tell us this. But from very real experiences of people I know, and some of the responses in this and the other thread on this topic, it turns out the draconian laws and training actually are necessary because so many drivers don't do the right thing, many hiding behind the "it's my property and I as an independent contractor can choose who I pick up" excuse.

Krusty

many hiding behind the "it's my property and I as an independent contractor can choose who I pick up" excuse.
And thats exactly how it should be, in a truly free society we should be able to choose who we pick up, for every one bigot a hundred more will gladly do the pickup, if I was a gay person I would allow no gays signs on cars so that I don't have to get in a car with someone that hates me.

Who is John Galt?

And thats exactly how it should be, in a truly free society we should be able to choose who we pick up, for every one bigot a hundred more will gladly do the pickup, if I was a gay person I would allow no gays signs on cars so that I don't have to get in a car with someone that hates me.

Yep, I openly and blatantly discriminate with ‘Babes Only’ and ‘Proudly Servicing Girls Only’ signs on my car.