• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Discrimination Awareness in Queensland course

Kyanar

Next week, is what I'm reading on the FB groups. They're supposedly seeking clarification on whether Assist drivers are required to also complete a course (I would hazard a guess and say yes, as that only covers Disability awareness not Discrimination). Supposedly they will be running their course in-house (not sure if online or hub based). Nothing yet from Muve or DiDi.

lebrasee007

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Next week, is what I'm reading on the FB groups. They're supposedly seeking clarification on whether Assist drivers are required to also complete a course (I would hazard a guess and say yes, as that only covers Disability awareness not Discrimination). Supposedly they will be running their course in-house (not sure if online or hub based). Nothing yet from Muve or DiDi.
inregards,they is uber?there is a course online costing$45 waiting to see what happens with uber,very strange they havnt said anything!

Sleepo

inregards,they is uber?there is a course online costing$45 waiting to see what happens with uber,very strange they havnt said anything!
I wrote to Uber some time ago and got the following response

We currently don't have any update regarding this matter, but we'll surely let you know once we have relevant information about this concern.

Thanks for your understanding.
Sent by Jude on Friday, May 17, 2019 at 10:44:16 AM

ST DYMPHNA son

...where is Dory???? the most important uber driver who ever lived,he had a private line to top uber people,and he too would be often told :
"We currently don't have any update regarding this matter, but we'll surely let you know once we have relevant information about this concern." Or something similar...

...Dory was always very helpful and a Hero in his own mind...and often letting us know he was in contact with uber top people even though uber management was not aware of this...

Last edited:

Wrenn

Maybe someone on here is friends with Divvy and can get some inside info.?
Post automatically merged:

Golfer

Muve :eek: are they still around

luckyporridge

Enough is enough! If this goes ahead in QLD, it's time to pull our cars off the road in protest. If Uber doesn't draw a line in the sand, this government will continue to fleece us of the little money we earn.

Reactions: Pen

lebrasee007

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Enough is enough! If this goes ahead in QLD, it's time to pull our cars off the road in protest. If Uber doesn't draw a line in the sand, this government will continue to fleece us of the little money we earn.
glad your earning something,to many dumb ass driving for nothing,thats the problem

Kyanar

As I said in the other thread, no, this isn't enough.

It already has gone ahead. And the reality is it's clearly necessary based on the posts from some members and the experiences of some of my non-heterosexual friends so be damned if you'll get any sympathy from me about having to do training about not discriminating against certain customer groups.

I don't think the drivers should be required to pay extra for it though.

Golfer

Well you have the argument spot on ,
The Gov. Has ruined rideshare , not Uber .
I don't know how long you have, been driving , but I paid $ 38.40 for my DA and nothing else till the Gov. " made us legal" :frown:
And we earnt 80 cents in the Dollar :smiles:

luckyporridge

As I said in the other thread, no, this isn't enough.

It already has gone ahead. And the reality is it's clearly necessary based on the posts from some members and the experiences of some of my non-heterosexual friends so be damned if you'll get any sympathy from me about having to do training about not discriminating against certain customer groups.

I don't think the drivers should be required to pay extra for it though.
We shouldn't have to pay for it because we shouldn't have to do it.

Kyanar

We shouldn't have to pay for it because we shouldn't have to do it.
A BEA is wholly entitled to run their training for free as long as it meets the basic requirements - Shebah is doing this. You're just being silly because heaven forfend you be expected to learn to treat everyone equally.

Let's see your response when you get a driver take one look at you, abuse you, and drive off expecting to not only face no consequences but to collect a cancel fee as well. This is an ACTUAL experience a friend of mine had. And it's why to you I say get over it.

And I'll say the same to the rest of you.

luckyporridge

Well you have the argument spot on ,
The Gov. Has ruined rideshare , not Uber .
I don't know how long you have, been driving , but I paid $ 38.40 for my DA and nothing else till the Gov. " made us legal" :frown:
And we earnt 80 cents in the Dollar :smiles:
I started late 2016. Since then, they've forced drivers to pay GST, added a BHSL (which serves no purpose at all given we already pay for a taxi license), and now this discrimination thing. The worst part is, the latter two only apply to QLD. And it will continue if we don't speak up.

Golfer

I started late 2016. Since then, they've forced drivers to pay GST, added a BHSL (which serves no purpose at all given we already pay for a taxi license), and now this discrimination thing. The worst part is, the latter two only apply to QLD. And it will continue if we don't speak up.
So you joined as a " legal " you missed the good days before Sept 16th, I think it was from memory . :thumbdown:
Melb. / Vic. Have to collect a dollar, per trip , for their Gov.
Post automatically merged:

A BEA is wholly entitled to run their training for free as long as it meets the basic requirements - Shebah is doing this. You're just being silly because heaven forfend you be expected to learn to treat everyone equally.

Let's see your response when you get a driver take one look at you, abuse you, and drive off expecting to not only face no consequences but to collect a cancel fee as well. This is an ACTUAL experience a friend of mine had. And it's why to you I say get over it.

And I'll say the same to the rest of you.
Would you mind explaining exactly what ?? I'm supposed to get over , a fence ,a gate ??
Umm
Just this morning ,I had to agree to an app update , before I could go online , and I don't have a clue what I agreed to , ( haven't bothered to drive for a few days)
I'm just so used to it ( changes ).
And I don't give a shit :eek:
Besides uber might give me more " appreciation awards ( money ) for being so agreeable :smiles:

Last edited: