Discount Codes, cash mode

driver09

just started driving for uber recently, got quite a few riders uses discount code and chooses cash.

when i receive my payment statement yesterday, not only i did not receive those "cash", uber still charges me 20% for those rides.

tried calling them and emailing them for the past two days, no one answered. finally someone replied my email, and asked which trips was it.. i was like.. how the hell i remember which trips there are so many......... the statement doesnt even show who uses discount code. i lost over 20-30 bucks or even more just like that.

and then they stop replying... what is wrong with the support for uber drivers? it's so bad.. thinking of switching to grab just after a week.

i felt so unjust by this... did any experienced this before?

PCMan

Discount code should be transparent to the driver (ie. no impact on driver).

You just need to collect the cash amount as stated in the app at the end of the trip. After that, press done, and followed by completing the trip.

The cash amount collected will be deducted from your earnings for the week. You can check the earnings tab to see how much cash you have collected for the week.

renyeo

When a new rider signs up for Uber, he receives a one-time discount code which is automatically enforced on his first ride. No need to input code whatsoever.

For example, when the fares come up to $13, the app's fares page in green will ask you to collect only $3. The details of actual fares are listed on the bottom of the same page if you'd noticed.

Vis-à-vis, if the fares are < than $10, you would then collect $0 from him.

Uber will credit the fares due to you into your account by the end of the week.

This is, according, to my experience.

:wink:

driver09

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
When a new rider signs up for Uber, he receives a one-time discount code which is automatically enforced on his first ride. No need to input code whatsoever.

For example, when the fares come up to $13, the app's fares page in green will ask you to collect only $3. The details of actual fares are listed on the bottom of the same page if you'd noticed.

Vis-à-vis, if the fares are < than $10, you would then collect $0 from him.

Uber will credit the fares due to you into your account by the end of the week.

This is, according, to my experience.

:wink:

both situation happened to me. i received the payment statement, but the payment statement does not state anything about reimbursement from those trips, in fact not only i did not receive the money, uber still charges me the uber fee. which means i lose money instead.

renyeo

both situation happened to me. i received the payment statement, but the payment statement does not state anything about reimbursement from those trips, in fact not only i did not receive the money, uber still charges me the uber fee. which means i lose money instead.
I don't scrutinize the statements for fares tallies except on the incentives sextion.

Since there could be multiple cash trips in a week, trying to recall them all and tally with entries in statements is a hassle. I am glad Uber has got the tolls records mostly accurately nowadays so there is no regular need to go back to them to claim unpaid tolls which I am glad because it's making the job easier for me. I hope in due time, too, Uber will also iron out the kinks in their cash-trip accounting system.

:smiles:

PCMan

Did your payment statement indicate the amount of cash payment collected, and does it tally with the amount of cash you have collected from the rider. If yes, then you should be doing OK.

As for promo code used by rider, it is transparent (as far as driver is concerned) and will have no impact on your income.

As the example given by another bro here, if the fare for the trip is $13 and the rider has a $10 promo code. If it is cash trip, the app will display $3 (ie. $13 - $10). You collect the $3 from the rider and complete the trip. If you check the payment statement later, you will see that the fare is still $13, and your income for this trip is $10.40 ($13 less Uber 20%).

At the end of the week, Uber will add up all the trips you done for the week. Say it amount to $500.00 (after Uber 20%). Uber will deduct another $3 (for the cash you have collected) so you will get $497.

As a driver, we will not even know if the rider is using a promo code for the ride if the rider uses a cashless payment. Only in cash payment, we can work backwards to calculate the value of the promo code.

driver09

in the partners.uber. websute it stats negative value for those cash trips, but i did not receive cash from riders.

renyeo

Waah, tao tia, man! Need so much brian power to decipher ...

I can assure us: smartphone based private-hire system are so complex and advanced, old-time cabbies will not learn the trade. So it's all down to university grads to take up batons.

driver09

ya i know, my last column is all uber take fee. the problem is rider uses discount code. so i did not receive the cash as indicated on the first column. and yet i have to give uber fees.

get what i mean?

Peterpan8550

ya i know, my last column is all uber take fee. the problem is rider uses discount code. so i did not receive the cash as indicated on the first column. and yet i have to give uber fees.

get what i mean?
rider use discount code, so yr 2nd last column is 0. u never collect cash from rider?

driver09

rider use discount code, so yr 2nd last column is 0. u never collect cash from rider?
omg.. why is it so hard for people to understand me..

FARE: 8.80
discount code: 10.00

Hence, cash i received 0.00.

BUT on payment statement: total (1.76)

that is why, not only i did not receive cash, i was charged for uber fee.

PCMan

omg.. why is it so hard for people to understand me..

FARE: 8.80
discount code: 10.00

Hence, cash i received 0.00.

BUT on payment statement: total (1.76)

that is why, not only i did not receive cash, i was charged for uber fee.
The $1.76 is Uber fee (20% of $8.80). You will still get $7.04 ($8.80 less Uber $1.76). This $7.04 (nett) will be included in your income.

Cheers Bro.

driver09

The $1.76 is Uber fee (20% of $8.80). You will still get $7.04 ($8.80 less Uber $1.76). This $7.04 (nett) will be included in your income.

Cheers Bro.
so the 7.04 will be given together directly by uber to my bank?

renyeo

So chim tao tia it's why I choose to trust Uber blindly for sanity's sake. Ha ha!

driver09

im asking this question cause i dont want to be doing trips for nothing. fuel and car cost are already so ex, still have to do negative trip. is really like wtf.

the payment didnt even says anything about the cash trip with rider using discount code

Poor_Lad

This is also one of the reason why I dislike cash trips. Before this cash thingy came out everything was mostly fine. Now it just add another headache to the mix. Dunno whether their software is accurate or not also.