• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Disappointing weekend ratings with kiddies back

Disgusted Driver

It was a brutal weekend ratings wise, went from a 4.9 for the last couple of weeks to a 4.5 over the weekend. I attribute that to darling drunk college students.

The action on select was ok, thought I would make a little more money than I did but had a few dead periods where I didn't get a single call, like 7:30 to 10:30 on Friday.

Looks like this week could be my last. When I get slammed again on my ratings and dropped from select there is no way in hell I'm driving those darlings around for .85 a mile.

Mthawkins

Sorry to hear that you got hit by a bad crowd. I only drove a few college groups around on Saturday. Most of my rides were the usual mid 20s downtown peoples.
I'm curious why you received such bad ratings over the weekend

Disgusted Driver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry to hear that you got hit by a bad crowd. I only drove a few college groups around on Saturday. Most of my rides were the usual mid 20s downtown peoples.
I'm curious why you received such bad ratings over the weekend
I'm curious too! I noticed the bad ratings happened some time after I gave rides. My best guess is that they just click anything to get rid of the rating screen so they can order a ride home. I probably got a few that ordered select instead of X accidentally and were pissed about the price. Only did about 30 rides over the weekend and am pretty sure I got a bunch of 5's 2 4's and something really low (3 low ratings is enough to take you down when you aren't driving a lot of volume.). Didn't have any trouble with any of the riders other than having to pretend they were cool even when they were being asses and cancelled on the two parties that were either trying to cram too many people into the car or bring drinks in. Also noticed a lot of cancellations, Sat. about 11:30 I have 4 in a row and one no show. The no show was an X ride on a 2.1 surge. Was surprised to see that they don't give you surge pricing on the cancellation fee, was just 4 bucks. That sucked.
So, lets just say I had a bad run of luck this weekend and hopefully this week will be a strong one.

Disgusted Driver

Maybe try staying away from campus till your rating goes back up, which it surely will. Knock out some 5s and you'll be fine
I appreciate the advice and if this were more important to me I would say you are right. I live near campus, I sit at home waiting for calls and I'm not about to change my routine and sit in the car downtown all night. It's a lot different with X, you can bounce around pretty well but with Select even though I probably did $450 in fares Friday and Saturday, it's sporadic, you could sit for an hour waiting for the next call and I would go bonkers sitting in the car waiting that long. If this week goes the same way, I will either be done with Uber or only drive when X is surging 2 or higher. No way I'm driving my car at regular X rates. I saw how that went when they did the select for X promotion a month ago and I was busy as all get out and might have made $2.00 an hour after expenses.

JHall636

Didn't have any problem kids this week but did notice several groups who were trying to put too many people in cars. I drive X and pulled up to a college apartment complex and 8 kids were standing there and trying to pile into an Altima. Kindly told them that I could only take 4 people and that they would need to call for another ride. One punk kid was an ass about it but most of them understood.

Disgusted Driver

Didn't have any problem kids this week but did notice several groups who were trying to put too many people in cars. I drive X and pulled up to a college apartment complex and 8 kids were standing there and trying to pile into an Altima. Kindly told them that I could only take 4 people and that they would need to call for another ride. One punk kid was an ass about it but most of them understood.
Good for you! I hope everyone takes this to heart, you have to hold the line on this. The police will be out in force this weekend especially Saturday to welcome the students back to Raleigh. If you get caught at a checkpoint (would not surprise me to see one at Western blvd. by K-Mart) you will get a ticket and the kids aren't paying it. If you give in and let them squeeze 5 in you are just making it harder for every other driver and you are not going to get any brownie points with the pax. If you are worried about bad ratings, don't unlock the doors till you see there is only 4, if there are 5, tell them you can't accomodate and they need to cancel and reorder an XL, drive around the corner, wait 5, and cancel on them if they don't cancel before that. This way you get your min. fee, and you don't have to worry about retribution. Don't feel bad for them, they know they can only fit 4, they are just trying to get away with paying nothing, it's already too damn cheap!

Lag Monkey

Money has been good with kiddies back but I too went from 4.9-4.5 @@@@!!! My rating is getting hammered by these college kids asking for an aux cord and waters wtf? Does every uber in nyc have this goodies, the kids come down from the big city's to go to school here and expect these things for .85 a mile?

Disgusted Driver

I did over a thousand last week for less the 50hrs who else did well?
On an hourly basis I did OK, not a lot of select out there but there were some good X surges I partook in!
Got a little less than 400 net for 30 hours online but 10 of those hours I was sitting on the couch watching tv.
I'm hoping it's going to be a great weekend but what I'm noticing is that there are an awful lot of cars out even at times like 11am. I think they just keep onboarding drivers like crazy. Given the number of select cars out there and the fact that another driver set up shop a block from my house a little closer to Cameron Village, I suspect I'll be seeing a lot less volume.

Stephen

Money has been good with kiddies back but I too went from 4.9-4.5 @@@@!!! My rating is getting hammered by these college kids asking for an aux cord and waters wtf? Does every uber in nyc have this goodies, the kids come down from the big city's to go to school here and expect these things for .85 a mile?
Tell them the truth. Tell them that Uber doesn't pay enough for us to offer freebies. (Although, I do occasionally share my Lifesavers Pep-o-mints with the riders.)

Disgusted Driver

My ratings go up with college kids and young drunks. Maybe it's because as a dj I work with them a lot and know how to bulls**t with them.
Good deal, and you probably also know what to play for them, I have no idea what the music scene is these days so I always offer the aux cable or pick a station. Classic rock doesn't cut it with the young set.

Whatever the case, the ratings are psychotic. Last Friday and Saturday night I got slammed hard, took me down to 4.5. Since Sunday I have about 20 trips, straight 5.0 and at least half have been college students. I'm at the point where I'm ready to give up trying to figure it out.

OneloveUberRaleigh

I had no select request all weekend. Went to duke and UNC since they were surging all the time I figure they would use select to avoid the surge. I was even I
Cary, apex holly springs and nothing but x calls. Holy springs and apex can no longer order select so that explains the lack of demand there.

Disgusted Driver

I had no select request all weekend. Went to duke and UNC since they were surging all the time I figure they would use select to avoid the surge. I was even I
Cary, apex holly springs and nothing but x calls. Holy springs and apex can no longer order select so that explains the lack of demand there.
I hear you, got a few in Raleigh. I will not drive my car for .85 cents a mile so I don't take X unless it's surging. I would rather do less work, sit at home than give my car to Uber. I don't know how you can drive an SUV at X rates and make money.

rocksteady

Mine have dropped considerably too the last few weekends with school back in full swing. I think partly it's a lot of new riders who feel a 3 or 4 star rating for an ok uneventful ride in my civic is a good rating. But I also still think Uber might be making adjustments. Cuz I aint done nothing different.

Disgusted Driver

Mine have dropped considerably too the last few weekends with school back in full swing. I think partly it's a lot of new riders who feel a 3 or 4 star rating for an ok uneventful ride in my civic is a good rating. But I also still think Uber might be making adjustments. Cuz I aint done nothing different.
There's just no telling, I think the whole world is psycho. Two weeks ago I was 4.65, this week I was 4.96. About 40 rides each week. I think I was the same both weeks but who knows. Worked the same area, clean car ...