Disappearing Countdown timer

I see the Uber Countdown Timer at pickups

• Total voters

Lurking

I love the Countdown timer on both Uber and Lyft, but I only see the Uber Countdown timer at about 1 out of every 4 Uber pickups. By contrast, the Lyft Countdown timer appears consistently close to 100% of the time. Is there any way to increase the rate of appearance of the Uber Countdown timer?

Please answer the Poll, based on your experience.

MyRedUber

Drive to the pin.
The pin is positioned closest to where the passenger was when they requested. If they were at the back of their house / office, you'll be sent to the back street / lane. You need to consider both the pin and the address and choose which is most likely correct. In my experience, the address is usually more often correct than the pin.

Lurking

Drive to the pin.
Difficult when the pin is in the middle of a private house or office building. :frown:
Are you saying that it is not enough when the driver-App announces that "the rider has been notified"?
The pin is positioned closest to where the passenger was when they requested. If they were at the back of their house / office, you'll be sent to the back street / lane. You need to consider both the pin and the address and choose which is most likely correct. In my experience, the address is usually more often correct than the pin.
Many times the pin was so far set back from the street address that the GPS directed me around the block. :frown:
The countdown timer never seems to appear in those situation. :frown:

unPat

I am not getting paid for no show if the countdown didn’t start, even after waiting 5 minutes. When the pin is inside the building just drive through the blue lines that Uber suggests. That will start the timer.