Difficult handicapped pax...hard to get in car

Young Kim

Trying to get in car at 3:13 am. Peeing out of bag...
16017992072405808458495868313847.jpg

16017992072405808458495868313847.jpg

Ten minutes now...

Difficult fit into a Prius
Post automatically merged:

16017993428354419788084384955722.jpg
16017993428354419788084384955722.jpg

Stuck..

Finally in

Had to take apart wheelchair

16 minutes plus to put pax in car

(Blocking address)

finally at.. destination but now I'm trying to put the wheelchair together that was in my trunk...
16018005314713456462883302340207.jpg

I finally assembled the wheelchair

Unfortunately the passenger actually peed in my car!

Attachments

• 16017992665096984775841878403481.jpg
    16017992665096984775841878403481.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_20201004-031933_Uber Driver.jpg
    Screenshot_20201004-031933_Uber Driver.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 54
Last edited by a moderator:

dauction

We are not personal Car attendants and are not required to help anyone in the car. All Riders need to be able to enter and exit the vehicle on their own or with the help of a PCA.

BTW YoungKim ... I swear you have more drama with your passengers than anyone I know. Chicago has a Million paratransit transportation services, don't feel bad turning down the ones that are far beyond above and beyond being a rideshare driver

Young Kim

We are not personal Car attendants and are not required to help anyone in the car. All Riders need to be able to enter and exit the vehicle on their own or with the help of a PCA.

BTW YoungKim ... I swear you have more drama with your passengers than anyone I know. Chicago has a Million paratransit transportation services, don't feel bad turning down the ones that are far beyond above and beyond being a rideshare driver

20201004_034217.jpg

Urine all over my backseat!

I'm so grossed out!
20201004_034721.jpg

This was one of the worst experiences I've ever had... I'm logging off and going home

Last edited:

Who is John Galt?

Difficult handicapped pax...hard to get in car

Sorry to hear of your difficulties Kim. :frown: It appears a lot worse than I imagined.

In answer to the question, "Is Uber Assist worthwhile?" This was my answer and vision of Uber Assist back in May 2017.

Simple answer - No.

Long answer as follows -
The pay rate is exactly the same as that for an able bodied person. In other words, there is NO financial incentive to do this.

Picture this scenario:-
You arrive at the pickup point and your pax is in a wheelchair - on the other side of the busy street - which they can't cross, due to an elevated median strip.

You have never done this before. So, you communicate with the pax that you will need to go around the block and will be another 5 minutes due to traffic.

You finally arrive to pick up the pax (they would never be on a busy CBD street, would they?) Now, you went to the fantastic Uber Assist 5 minute induction course, but the details are a little sketchy.

The pax expects you to know, how to help him or her from the chair into the car, and wow, you had better not touch her where you shouldn't.

So, after 5 minutes you have helped the pax into the car, but come hell or high water you cannot quite remember how to fold the wheelchair, let alone how to put it in the boot!

A police car has now pulled up because you are blocking the traffic, and a crowd begins to mill around, eagerly awaiting your next blunder. Several members of the crowd are filming and recording your every move on their phones to be uploaded to Facebook and YouTube.

Fortunately, one of the cops takes pity on you and helps you get the wheelchair into your boot. However he is a bit rough around the edges, and in his eagerness to get the traffic flowing he has slammed the boot lid which has in turn buckled one of the wheels on the wheelchair. Unfortunately, that is your responsibility.

15 minutes has now elapsed since you initially pulled up for the pax. You get into the car. You are sweating profusely. You look down and it appears the pax has been rifling through your personal items in the glovebox and the console.

The cop is now getting really impatient and waves you on your way. You finally start the trip. The destination is 2 kms to the train station. :smiles:

Hell yeah! Go for it:smiles: Think of the 5 stars

Young Kim

Well, you're smart enough to document it.

Next Vehicle LEATHER SEATS (fake leather) . Cloth seats absorbed body odors as well

@dauction ....sigh I'm documenting it right now. Unfortunately the gentleman was also mentally ill. He kept on asking me if I knew somebody named Mikey. And then when I said I no idea, he replied "sure you do!" "For sure you got to know him"... Kept mumbling...He then said something about having $10,000 on him. I don't know what for. Then he kept on telling me that he loved me. And then we're going to hang out sometime soon. It was the most bizarre conversation I ever had on Uber.

Sorry to hear of your difficulties Kim. :frown: It appears a lot worse than I imagined.

In answer to the question, "Is Uber Assist worthwhile?" This was my answer and vision of Uber Assist back in May 2017.

Simple answer - No.

Long answer as follows -
The pay rate is exactly the same as that for an able bodied person. In other words, there is NO financial incentive to do this.

You arrive at the pickup point and your pax is in a wheelchair - on the other side of the busy street - which they can't cross, due to an elevated median strip.

You have never done this before. So, you communicate with the pax that you will need to go around the block and will be another 5 minutes due to traffic.

You finally arrive to pick up the pax (they would never be on a busy CBD street, would they?) Now, you went to the fantastic Uber Assist 5 minute induction course, but the details are a little sketchy.

The pax expects you to know, how to help him or her from the chair into the car, and wow, you had better not touch her where you shouldn't.

So, after 5 minutes you have helped the pax into the car, but come hell or high water you cannot quite remember how to fold the wheelchair, let alone how to put it in the boot!

A police car has now pulled up because you are blocking the traffic, and a crowd begins to mill around, eagerly awaiting your next blunder. Several members of the crowd are filming and recording your every move on their phones to be uploaded to Facebook and YouTube.

Fortunately, one of the cops takes pity on you and helps you get the wheelchair into your boot. However he is a bit rough around the edges, and in his eagerness to get the traffic flowing he has slammed the boot lid which has in turn buckled one of the wheels on the wheelchair. Unfortunately, that is your responsibility.

15 minutes has now elapsed since you initially pulled up for the pax. You get into the car. You are sweating profusely. You look down and it appears the pax has been rifling through your personal items in the glovebox and the console.

The cop is now getting really impatient and waves you on your way. You finally start the trip. The destination is 2 kms to the train station. :smiles:

@Who is John Galt? My up.net bro... My sunny disposition has gotten cloudy right now... For the very first time on Up.net, I feel too upset to text type right now... I'm going to drive home and start cleaning my back seat out. My car smells like a porta potty.. I really was trying so hard to be nice and do the kind thing. This definitely abruptly stopped my work shift tonight.

Last edited:

dauction

@dauction ....sigh I'm documenting it right now. Unfortunately the gentleman was also mentally ill. He kept on asking me if I knew somebody named Mikey. And then when I said I no idea, he replied "sure you do!" "For sure you got to know him"... Kept mumbling...He then said something about having $10,000 on him. I don't know what for. Then he kept on telling me that he loved me. And then we're going to hang out sometime soon. It was the most bizarre conversation I ever had on Uber.

@Who is John Galt? My up.net bro... My sunny disposition has gotten cloudy right now... For the very first time on Up.net, I feel too upset to text type right now... I'm going to drive home and start cleaning my back seat out. My car smells like a porta potty.. I really was trying so hard to be nice and do the kind thing. This definitely abruptly stopped my work shift tonight.
lol .. Hey YoungKim.. I drove Paratransit in Minnesota for 10 years and had a lot of passengers like that. pee bag always leaking (we can just hose the bus down though) and the Mental illness like your passenger. I had a gentleman that would always ask you the same 10 questions .. what's your name, where did you go to High School etc.. sad and kind of funny. as I got to know him I would say ..Jim, you asked me that question yesterday you have to ask me a new one today...and it was as if you could see his brain go into after drive trying to ask a new question.

and he would eventually find a new question ..and then finish off his usual list of questions :laugh:

empathy and also teaching and learning for both of us. You'd make a great paratransit driver ..you have to care enough to overlook what they cant control

View attachment 512438

Urine all over my backseat!

I'm so grossed out! View attachment 512439

This was one of the worst experiences I've ever had... I'm logging off and going home

You can thank the hospital, i honestly have canceled on pax asap before from them for many reasons.

Its really sad. As a X driver only, you must know the difference on pick ups. However.

Taking to the hospitals is different. I feel more compelled. But now i drive food only sadly.

Driven pregnant women about to give birth in DT, people bleeding out of there heads from falling.

Women bleeding from her foot from dropping a wine bottle on there foot and falling.

Multiple shooting scenes, 1000’s of horrible car accidents, suicides.

Never had a puker destroy my ride, or threat yet.

Speak up for yourself!

Bottom line. Just like Corporate would say to you after you get fired from them. 🤔

MikhailCA

Trying to get in car at 3:13 am. Peeing out of bag... View attachment 512431

View attachment 512431

Ten minutes now...

Difficult fit into a Prius

View attachment 512433 View attachment 512433

Stuck..

Finally in

Had to take apart wheelchair

View attachment 512436

16 minutes plus to put pax in car

(Blocking address)

finally at.. destination but now I'm trying to put the wheelchair together that was in my trunk... View attachment 512437

I finally assembled the wheelchair

Unfortunately the passenger actually peed in my car!
Where are the hell are you driving man ?! You do have some issues with the paxes every second week. Don’t you think not to drive in some particular neighborhoods?

And I’m not quite get why did you take pictures when you tried to put this homeless guy into your car?

Simple answer - No.

Long answer as follows -

Uber required to provide option like an Uber assist by the law( It doesn’t work but who cares?)

You cannot block the traffic like that no matter who you are picking up. (You can block the bike lane if you are picking up a disable person, but you cannot block the traffic for that reason).

You can thank the hospital, i honestly have canceled on pax asap before from them for many reasons.

Its really sad. As a X driver only, you must know the difference on pick ups. However.

Taking to the hospitals is different. I feel more compelled. But now i drive food only sadly.

Driven pregnant women about to give birth in DT, people bleeding out of there heads from falling.

Women bleeding from her foot from dropping a wine bottle on there foot and falling.

Multiple shooting scenes, 1000’s of horrible car accidents, suicides.

Never had a puker destroy my ride, or threat yet.

Speak up for yourself!

Bottom line. Just like Corporate would say to you after you get fired from them. 🤔
Picking up from hospital is ok by my opinion, you can be sure what you not gonna have a blood all over your car. Driving somebody else to emergency, no thank you I will pass on that opportunity.

Last edited:

UberChiefPIT

With Uber requiring all drivers and pax to wear masks, why on earth would you think you need to touch a urinebag-spilling pax's wheelchair, much less bump uglies with them by squeezing them into your car, and even WORSE: risk getting urine all over your back seat?

The warning signs were there from the first second. That person was a danger to your own personal health, for numerous reasons. Not excluding: potentially being a setup to get robbed/carjacked at 3am in Chicago via the "help the urinebag wheelchair disaster get in your car" ruse. IN CHICAGO.

#1 rule for driving rideshare at those hours: never get out of your car to help someone get into your car. Just don't get out of your car.

Christinebitg

I had a gentleman that would always ask you the same 10 questions
He obviously didn't remember you from before.

I have an aunt who's in an assisted living facility. She has almost no short term memory any more. I visited her a few years ago, and during those couple of hours, she asked me some questions more than once. I just patiently answered. There was no point in telling her we had already talked about that stuff -- she didn't remember that part of the conversation.

Who is John Galt?

Uber required to provide option like an Uber assist by the law( It doesn’t work but who cares?)

You cannot block the traffic like that no matter who you are picking up. (You can block the bike lane if you are picking up a disable person, but you cannot block the traffic for that reason).

Thanks for the clarification, but in fiction, the writer rules. :smiles:

What I wrote was a postulated sequence or development of events. That’s why I prefaced it with:

“Picture this scenario:-“

cumonohito

@Young Kim this is all on you. The signs are all there for a problem ride, 3:13am wheel chair pick up with urine bag!!!!!!!!!!! C'mon man, UBER does not have a "GOOD SAMARITAN" badge, with last week drunken passenger that passed out in the street, and now this, seriously you need to re-think your strategy here. Now you are going home in a urine stench to clean out a strangers body fluids and hope for the elusive $150.00 clean up fee. Is this what you come to? Seriously. A lot of money was wasted on this ride, even more on opportunities lost. On top of that you exposed yourself to numerous liabilities.

No, not me, pass on the ride, in hope of better one, heck even a shorty round the block $3.75 would have been 10X better, continue driving and getting paid. No clean up, no fighting UBER to get the clean up fee no worries.

Besides, there are services out there for this type of situations, though not sure if they are working at 3:13AM, also, whoever requested the ride should have seen that the car might have been a bit small for the need at hand. @Young Kim stop being a doormat to society's derelicts, they don't care about you. You need to own up, your car your rules.

Too bad that UPNET does not have badges either, as you are getting up there with your weekly drama stories, can't deny that I often look forward to your nightly adventure story time.

Last edited:

kingcorey321

LOL. This is funny.
Your stupidity !
Drive off. Cancel the ride. Tell them hey you need a plus size car to fit your chair.
Move onto your next passenger.
Now with that piss all over i would of laughed my ass off ! Snapped a few pics sent them to a few driver friends.
I would of charged 5 dollars for wasted time . This is very funny to me. A driver that picks a person up with piss all over for sure deserves what they got . If a chair does not fit your not refusing a ride . It does not fit.
And piss is a bio hazard safety concern equals a cancel .
This video lol. Something like what you did. But you new the guy had piss allover .
You had a bad night it made my day reading this .

Another Uber Driver

Do either Uber or Lyft require the driver to get out and help?

The District of Columbia does require that cab and limousine drivers assist handicapped passengers into and out of the vehicle without charge.

If you drive away from the wheelchair bound customer and he does complain, my money is on de-activation, no questions asked.

Amos69

This is all on you brother. You choose to pick up this client. If you ever see a colostomy bag or any other type of instance just drive away. You saw this client pee on the sidewalk , and then spent 18 minutes TRYING to get him into your car. You knew it was a possibility and yet you chose to let him pee in your car.
I would have spent 8 seconds driving away and canceling with the note "He was peeing on the sidewalk as I pulled up"

Johnny Mnemonic

WTF are you doing making pickups at 3am in Chicago? Are you trying to collect on a life insurance policy or something?

Was this a hospital pickup? If so, why would you take that ride at all?

I don't see a mask in any of the photos. Was he wearing one?

Seriously, Dude. If this happened to a rookie, I would sympathize. But I think you need therapy for your co-dependent disorder. If that happened to me, I would take a long hard look in the mirror and at least figure out how to avoid that in the future. If you keep this up it's only a matter of time before something irreparably tragic happens to you.

I just hope Mr. Pissbag didn't give you the 'Rona or some other virus. Are you exposed to any relatives at home?

Wildgoose

Don't worry my brother @Young Kim .
Uber will pay you cleaning fees $20.
Don't consider that it is too small. It is actually 1,466.45 Indian Rupee.
Basic need living costs such as food, water and shelter costs you around 15000 to 20000 Rupee for a month. So basically, you are getting living costs for more than 2 days.