• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

different type of "permit" question.....

do you have one

• i have one

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • not gonna get one period .. ins rates going up are not worth it.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • still need to get one

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

aaadock

you go thru the hoops.

you have your drivers permit
your yellow sticker
your DFW sticker

your doing your thing .. your a TNC king!

then for what ever reason you need to see your insurance guy/gal ?

make up a vaild reason to fit this question ..

change of insurance,,
cheaper at xxxxx
someone hits you in the parking lot at work .. not even thinking of a PAX but that sticker is there..

what ever the reason

what happens when they go take pics of your car...( assuming we all/most have full coverage ) ..?

game over at that point ?

picsoff the net..
are our best friends ( the stickers ) now also our worst enemy ?

i mean once branded as a driver.. they surely are not gonna take " i will quit driving" as an answer .. will they?
in their eyes your now a risk....
a risk = higher payments

upload_2015-8-18_19-24-28.png
upload_2015-8-18_19-24-28.png

andaas

That's a very good question. I've been weighing looking into the Geico insurance they were offering in TX, but I'm also more deeply weighing my desire to continue doing this. If Uber continues their race to the bottom on rates (which Lyft will have no choice but to follow suit), I'm unlikely to continue trying to keep pace on this ever steepening and accelerating treadmill.

KMANDERSON

That's a very good question. I've been weighing looking into the Geico insurance they were offering in TX, but I'm also more deeply weighing my desire to continue doing this. If Uber continues their race to the bottom on rates (which Lyft will have no choice but to follow suit), I'm unlikely to continue trying to keep pace on this ever steepening and accelerating treadmill.
What geico rideshare rates

LaustinAustin

GEICO quoted me around $1800 a year since I was a good credit risk (yeah right). I have heard others say theirs was upwards of $4000 a year.

rjenkins

Is it permissible to put the sticker in a removable pouch? I read that dfw puts the sticker on for you but not sure about the yellow one. I also don't want permanently placed stickers on my windshield.
I do my City of Dallas permit this way, and have never had any problems. It looks just like it is permanently affixed. I've been told that the DFW people apply the stickers personally, which is one of the reasons I haven't gotten one. I already have too much garbage junking up my windshield, and my car is MY CAR. It's not a dedicated taxi.

https://uberpeople.net/threads/making-that-sticker-not-so-permanent.28885/

diana2798

LaustinAustin, I wonder if USAA offers the rideshare insurance in Dallas? From what I've read, I thought Geico was the only one in this area. I'll definitely give them a call and check it out though!

Last edited:

LaustinAustin

1. You or your spouse must be a present or past member of the Armed Forces or
2. Your mother, father, grandfather, grandmother, etc must have been
3. There may be other genealogical links that may qualify, but I am not sure.