Different take on the Strike

IMMA DRIVER

Has anyone considered this take....?
Uber could be enjoying this Strike attempt. (laugh, I know....)
Reason: Bad publicity is sometimes good publicity.
Musicians, Artists, Actors, Actresses, Athletes, Fortune 500 companies deal with negative publicity all the time and sometimes bad publicity is actually a good thing.

Remember Colin Kaepernick’s kneel down controversy? By kneeling down during the National Anthem he brought a lot of publicity to the NFL and himself. Many disagreed with him doing this and initially, NFL viewership went down ( bad publicity).

But let's look a few years later. Viewership in the NFL rose 5% from 2017 to 2018. In fact, the NFL dominated viewership claiming 46 of the top 50 telecasts during the regular season. So did bad publicity really hurt or help the NFL? Somehow the NFL made it work. How many of you have stopped watching the Pats on Sundays because of this bad publicity?

BillyTheKidd

Has anyone considered this take....?
Uber could be enjoying this Strike attempt. (laugh, I know....)
Reason: Bad publicity is sometimes good publicity.
Musicians, Artists, Actors, Actresses, Athletes, Fortune 500 companies deal with negative publicity all the time and sometimes bad publicity is actually a good thing.

Remember Colin Kaepernick’s kneel down controversy? By kneeling down during the National Anthem he brought a lot of publicity to the NFL and himself. Many disagreed with him doing this and initially, NFL viewership went down ( bad publicity).

But let's look a few years later. Viewership in the NFL rose 5% from 2017 to 2018. In fact, the NFL dominated viewership claiming 46 of the top 50 telecasts during the regular season. So did bad publicity really hurt or help the NFL? Somehow the NFL made it work. How many of you have stopped watching the Pats on Sundays because of this bad publicity?

Yes, viewership rose last year but it's still down significantly compared to 2015 and 2016.

2018 - 15.8 million viewers
2017 - 14.9 million
2016 - 16.5 million
2015 - 17.9 million

I have not stopped watching the NFL. However, I know several people that have - and one had the NFL package on Direct TV. I also know of 2 people in NY who cancelled their Giants season tickets because of it.

E30addixt

Of course they're laughing. They've already said publicly they expect driver dissatisfaction to inceases.

The "strike" also proved they have tons of drivers who don't care and/or have to drive anyway.