• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Different Classes of Uber Drivers

HotSpark

Hi All,

Anyone know for sure whether UberXL, UberExec and UberLarge drivers can receive and accept trip request from UberX riders ?

If so, are the charges same as UberX fares ?

Ub1

I have a large car. Most of the times I get called for UberX jobs. Occasionally I get an XL call which is a higher rate. I don't remember off hand how much more it is. The other day I made two trips to JFK, one was about $80, the other (an XL) was about $135.

LChung

I own a Toyota wish, so it falls into X and XL. During sign up, the guy told me when i Select X, i can only accept X rides and incentives. But if i select XL, i can accept both X and XL calls but XL do not have incentives like X. That my understanding.

stevewish

although XL fare is higher but the commission to UberXL is 28% instead of 20%. Usually, rider that called for XL need 6 seaters or more. In one case, I fetch 8 people, all very big size, could feel my car sunk down and under power to move off, waste fuel and stress engine. I asked the rider to consider UberLarge instead but he said too expenisve. Besides no incentives, there is no individual surge pricing. As such, i prefer to take UberX than UberXL. I have a friend request to take UberX account only.