• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Different bonuses for different drivers.

Mr. Yuck

So another driver tells me he is guaranteed 1.5 surge between 12 and 3 am last night. What? I'm not. We trade phones and he sees that if I do 25 trips between 7pm and 3am Saturday night I get an extra fifty bucks. What? Why not him? He started at six, an hour before me and he's got 40 and I've got a hundred. Most of his trips are surge and one of mine is. Maybe this is to encourage him to stay out longer and I get the fifty because I do? What's Uber doing here?

Thoughts? We signed the same contract just weeks apart.

tohunt4me

So another driver tells me he is guaranteed 1.5 surge between 12 and 3 am last night. What? I'm not. We trade phones and he sees that if I do 25 trips between 7pm and 3am Saturday night I get an extra fifty bucks. What? Why not him? He started at six, an hour before me and he's got 40 and I've got a hundred. Most of his trips are surge and one of mine is. Maybe this is to encourage him to stay out longer and I get the fifty because I do? What's Uber doing here?

Thoughts? We signed the same contract just weeks apart.
Different Prices for Different Riders.

mrpjfresh

Interesting. I would ask your friend how many hours he typically works per week. Like you, I got the bonus money offer for competing X trips in a certain time frame in AVL. In fact, I think each Saturday in October had one of these incentives for me. It makes sense as it is the busiest month of the year imo in a long and busy tourist season.

Perhaps Uber notices different driving patterns and offers attainable incentives based on this data? Seems almost too altruistic and logical for Uber but stranger things have happened.

Mr. Yuck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Perhaps Uber notices different driving patterns and offers attainable incentives based on this data? Seems almost too altruistic and logical for Uber but stranger things have happened.

Indeed.

Between the weather and the hand I was dealt I didn't make the goal. Kept getting downtown pickups to remote air b&b's. Got one back from exit 66 but missed out on a lot of surge.

Elmo Burrito

Check your TOS aggreement they can pay us anything they want at any rate and change it at anytime. This is nothing new.

Mr. Yuck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just got one for 38$ extra if I do 30 between 3 and 3 Saturday night.

emdeplam

We are constantly conducting experiments across our partner base to best understand how we can achieve the outcomes we desire without actually doing anything that implies an employer relationship. As diverse as our partner base is, you would be amazed at how predictably we can influence behavior. I think the common term on this site is 'ants'?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
moe786x London 5
I UberEATS 22
M Lyft 7