Didn't make $20K but got 1099K?

Ranter2887

Hey everyone. UE driver here. I filed with the use of the tax summary. I did not get a 1099K because I made way less than $20K (I started December 2019). What threw me off was when I went to my Uber account on my PC, I see a 1099K visible and downloadable which was not there before tax day. So I don't understand why was the form provided when I didn't not make $20K

SHalester

Isn't a 1099k also what happens if you have a certain quantity of rides? I don't recall precisely since there is no way in this reality I'd ever get a 1099K; wasn't paying much attn to the fine print.

Ranter2887

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Isn't a 1099k also what happens if you have a certain quantity of rides? I don't recall precisely since there is no way in this reality I'd ever get a 1099K; wasn't paying much attn to the fine print.
I appreciate your response. It says $20K and at least 200 rides. I'm not sure if they meant 20k OR at least 200 rides. I did call support but they're not available until Monday. So I thought I'd get an answer here :smiles:

SHalester

I just looked. the statement is AND 200 rides.

However, it did have a blurb it could be different depending on the state you reside in.

UberTaxPro

Sponsor
Hey everyone. UE driver here. I filed with the use of the tax summary. I did not get a 1099K because I made way less than $20K (I started December 2019). What threw me off was when I went to my Uber account on my PC, I see a 1099K visible and downloadable which was not there before tax day. So I don't understand why was the form provided when I didn't not make $20K
when you say tax day do you mean 7/15? the 1099K should have been provided to you by 1/31/2020

z_z_z_

Whether you get a 1099 or not does not matter, you still need to file your taxes and document your income either way.

Unless you want to appear to be a bum with no job and no tax return for an entire year, in which case go ahead and do that.

Lyle

For the past couple of years Uber quit issuing a 1099 if you grossed less than $20K. I have gotten a document named "Tax Summary" from UBER.

Tony73

You should file what’s in that 1099. Very unliked you’ll get taxed under 20k if you’re an adult not living with your parents.