1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Didn't get hired by lyft, can I try again?

Discussion in 'Lyft' started by driverguy77, Dec 8, 2016.

1. driverguy77

driverguy77 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I didn't realize the inspector who comes out is really giving you a job interview. At the time my car was missing a plastic covering for one of the lights.

JTR likes this.
  2. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Well-Known Member

That is not a biggie. Of course, try again

Kinda getting the fellin' there was more to this "interview'. If ya elaborate, perhaps we can help.......

JTR likes this.
  3. driverguy77

Driving:
    UberX
    He pointed out the covering on the light was missing, it's long since been fixed. The car has a few small scrapes on it. That's about it. He also said I should have candy and water for the passengers. That's about all it was.

JTR likes this.
  4. bweier831

bweier831 Member

LOL at candy and water for passengers. Who is paying for this? One of my passengers suggested I get a bunch of crap for my car like water, mints, some kind of plug so he could plug his phone into my car stereo and play his music. WTF? Most rides are like 10 minutes or less. I have NEVER had anyone ask if they could plug music into my car and I have never had anyone imply I should have water or candy. I barely make $15 per hour doing this. That's not factoring in gas and wear and tear on my car. Sure, let me start spending some more money on crap I don't need.

JTR and BrickCityGrl like this.
  5. driverguy77

Driving:
    UberX
    I agree with, what do they think I am, a concierge? Maybe I should have a mini-bar in my car too, actually..................that's illegal. I don't think they should expect anything more than the a ride with the quickest possible route, safe driving and respect from the driver.

Danny3xd, JTR and BrickCityGrl like this.

6. Sgt_PaxHauler

Sgt_PaxHauler Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I agree with not having consumables available for free for minimum fare customers, but I think of keeping charge cables as a one-time cost and a fairly cheap way of improving ratings on the star-rating TNCs (Lyft, Uber, RideAustin). I have a splitter with three 12v outlets, so running a spare charger or two is a very cheap way to help ratings.

If I had a way of knowing I had a long fare (something like Leander/Cedar Park to downtown), that'd be a different story. If I know for a fact that my base rate fare is going to exceed $30, springing for a cold bottle or two of Ozarka or Dasani isn't going to hurt my bottom line much.

Re: music..I suspect having an aux outlet + cord would eventually be a problem. I might set up a secondary phone with a premium Spotify account or invest in an XM receiver and subscription, though. Ask for whatever genre/artist/station you like, but *I* control the volume in my vehicle.

JTR likes this.
  7. driverguy77

Driving:
    UberX
    The only thing with music is I have to listen to my GPS.

8. Sgt_PaxHauler

Sgt_PaxHauler Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeah, that can be a problem. I usually get around that by having a bluetooth headset when I'm driving pax around..and why I'd insist on controlling the volume. If I can't hear the directions to where I need to go, that's bad for both parties.
    Perhaps you could turn the fader controls on your radio all the way back, so that the front remains quieter for hearing navigation?

9. Uber/Lyfter

Uber/Lyfter Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I personally wouldn't waste your time on Lyft or Uber. Many miles on your car and little money..

JTR likes this.
  10. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston Well-Known Member

Not sure why he would deny you. He or she should have put you on a wait list until you fixed the problem

JTR likes this.
  11. JoeyA

JoeyA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I read gum and water are write offs. Save your receipts.

JTR likes this.
  12. luvgurl22

luvgurl22 Well-Known Member

Be polite and give a safe ride.Thats all you owe anyone that gets into your vehicle.

JTR likes this.
  13. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Well-Known Member

It isn't called being hired. It's called being freelanced.

JTR likes this.
  14. JTR

JTR Active Member

Try again:)

Ozzyoz likes this.
  15. Trump Economics

Trump Economics Well-Known Member

This a blessing. Don't look back, and keep moving FORWARD. Let-Down-Lyft, with their less than minimum wage earnings, is a step in the WRONG DIRECTION.