• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

DiDissapointed today

Immoralized

Well Immoral you will like this ....had no problems running the Uber or Ola app on an old Samsung Galaxy S4...

But it was rooted and got rid of all the bloat ware and made a few other tweaks...so next upgrade will be twin fully rooted Samsung S5's lol

Many sluggisg phones are just bogged down with unnecessary background processes and can be blazing fast with a little TLC
Nope was stripped of all non essential apps and was freezing. The hardware just wore out.
Bought it 2nd so the guy before me used it pretty thoroughly and with Ola running on it for 9 months it was just rooted.

Before that had my own purchased S5 from 2013 or when it was first released. After a year of Uber it was pretty rooted as well.
Which led me to getting an S9 Note which pretty much just idles for rideshare apps and after the last S5 rooted itself got an S8 note.
Both flagship models with the bells and whistles S9 Note been 512gb with 8gb ram and S8 Note been 256gb with 6gb ram and both octo cores.

You just want to spend a little bit more $$$ on something second hand with a little bit more grunt or you be like me replacing it 6-9 months down the road. The cost of replacing it is going to exceed what you think you saved as you are now buying twice if not three times. When you could of just purchased once and it lasting forever.

My pick for the notes are that they are commercial grade and made phones. Designed to be Heavy Duty and that exactly what these rideshare apps do to phone hardware is constantly demand resources and that just chips away at it bit by bit until the phone is rooted. You know the phone is rooted when it can't run for 2 hours without the rideshare app freezing and nothing you can do on it rinse and repeat. That money lost since you got an essential equipment that no longer functioning. Just like you need a vehicle to drive you need a phone that works.

Last edited:

Sandhills

Fair enough ..heard a lot of good things about the Samsung note...a mate has one and its a top end grunty bit of machinery...i am a bit biased towards samsungs generally they seem to be made properly and with all the bells and whistles... I agree with you on getting the top model if one has the $

Immoralized

Fair enough ..heard a lot of good things about the Samsung note...a mate has one and its a top end grunty bit of machinery...i am a bit biased towards samsungs generally they seem to be made properly and with all the bells and whistles... I agree with you on getting the top model if one has the $
Good thing rideshare pays so well you can afford yourself one too :thumbup:

Andy988

Last Thursday, i usual start at 3:30am and work the full 12 hours and usual get 22-25 jobs in the 12 hours.... thats about $250 - $275 but doing didi i started at 4am and was hunting the fifo rides and i got 3 jobs around Clarkson.... and they were just to the train station so about $7 a shot.... i was determined to keep going... and over the whole day i managed 13 rides, I spent considerable time parked and even went home for a period.... but kept the phone on.... i worked 16 hours for $222 overall very very disappointed so moving forward i just going to use it like i do with Ola.... for my advantage... but this week the promotions Uber are rolling out are good, i have hit the 50 target for the last 2 weeks so i have every opportunity to earn a few dollars.... thanks DiDi for prompting uber to be competitive ? and the fact DiDi let you work for 16 hours straight is bullshit..... its a good job i was not busy because its tempting to push the boundaries and end up in a crash... i think its relying heavily on individuals integrity....

Attachments