• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

DiDissapointed today

StaticVoid

This is about the bonuses that Didi is throwing to the drivers and we are just 5 days since the launch, can't count last Sunday.

Sunday 0 trips.
Monday 0 trips.
Tuesday 3 trips.
Wednesday 3 trips.
Thursday 6 trips.

Only got 4 trips from 4am to 7am.... and I am not even going to try it tomorrow because Im not going to war with them against Uber and Ola. Just realized on Wednesday that you need to complete 10 trips as well as 7 hours online within those hours. And I felt into the trap by keeping only Didi online to get those $30 guarantee per hour, how deceiving. All they wanted is steal drivers temporarily to frustrate regular Uber riders.

Then yeah, 4 weeks 0% comission, freaking awsome, thanks.

First early bird $100 bonus after 10 trips, easy! Thanks for the moneygrab Didi. Now my app is glitched because I have done 12 trips already but a pop-up screen shows 9/10, one more trip to go! ???

Then you have the 7 to 9 bonus streak of 3 trips for an extra $10... bet you get 1 trip at most within that timeframe.

Now how about the bonus of 50 trips in the first week to unlock an extra $100 bonus.

Well I have been online total of 38hours roughly this week so far and got...

47 Uber Rides
16 Ola Rides
12 Didi Rides

Uber like its 27.5% or not, its providing most of the jobs. And after 50 trips drops to 5% so lets see how their algorithm plays out with the amount of requests I get, I keep lying to myself its going to be fine, but no, why would they give me trips if they can pass it to a nearby Ant and get more money with a 27.5% cut. We all know how good is Uber about milking every cent of a buck in every corner while telling us more time on the road, more money!

Didi is no savior to Perth's rideshare market. What is happening now is total warfare material. We all received a big package in the mailbox, stacks of sign-up code cards, Hallowing decoration with signup codes that I see some drivers hanging behind their head-rests... for what, to be your code wiped out by their 50% first trip discount included within the app. Free marketing boys for them as you preach to the riders how better is Didi while they pretend they care about us unlike Uber and Ola.

Today I rode a Didi reptesentative, seemed like a higher rank dude within the company. All the ride on the phone talking with some college about ways to make believe the drivers that they care about the drivers, that they will provide a generous pay, about streak promotions, guaranteed hourly earnings... all sort of sweet-talk... he said was a philosophical issue whats happening with the drivers with Uber and Ola, thay they feel they are being cheated by this high commissions, and that Didi wants to become the good face in the market like if they care for the Drivers and they will do the work telling their friends with the old but gold mouth to mouth marketing.

Well, do you remember the guy said "its a philosophical issue, we have to make them believe we care about them". Actions are worth more than words, and all the evidence and true colors came to light in that moment for me, after a 15 minutes ride the gentleman only said: Hi and Bye. Did not bother asking the driver how is my first week with Didi, get some real freaking feedback about their unrealistic bonuses that are there for the noobs to help them boicot the market.

Regardless, we are all here for the money, so be wise and don't fall into their dirty plays. Competition is going to be good for us drivers, and remember to read, not look, but read the bonuses terms and conditions.

Sorry guys I just wanted to vent as I have been preaching about Didi from last week to my riders and today I learned that they are as evil or more than what we already had in Town. Freaking dishonesty, well you live you learn.

Thanks for 0% for 4 weeks and $100 for 10 trips. The rest is a smokescreen and a lie.

Good night!

UberOnAu

Wow. Big story. We hear thr grievances. Their expectations are probably what only a machine could attain.

Board

Privatization & Capitalism only work for the Ritch, not for the worker. Nothing unexpected in your vent.
In a Capitalistic market it works, but the government is the one that sets the rules.
Kind of why we havnt had a pay rise for 12yrs and there are no rules to safe guard Taxi driver like us.

DA08

This is about the bonuses that Didi is throwing to the drivers and we are just 5 days since the launch, can't count last Sunday.

Sunday 0 trips.
Monday 0 trips.
Tuesday 3 trips.
Wednesday 3 trips.
Thursday 6 trips.

Only got 4 trips from 4am to 7am.... and I am not even going to try it tomorrow because Im not going to war with them against Uber and Ola. Just realized on Wednesday that you need to complete 10 trips as well as 7 hours online within those hours. And I felt into the trap by keeping only Didi online to get those $30 guarantee per hour, how deceiving. All they wanted is steal drivers temporarily to frustrate regular Uber riders.

Then yeah, 4 weeks 0% comission, freaking awsome, thanks.

First early bird $100 bonus after 10 trips, easy! Thanks for the moneygrab Didi. Now my app is glitched because I have done 12 trips already but a pop-up screen shows 9/10, one more trip to go! ???

Then you have the 7 to 9 bonus streak of 3 trips for an extra $10... bet you get 1 trip at most within that timeframe.

Now how about the bonus of 50 trips in the first week to unlock an extra $100 bonus.

Well I have been online total of 38hours roughly this week so far and got...

47 Uber Rides
16 Ola Rides
12 Didi Rides

Uber like its 27.5% or not, its providing most of the jobs. And after 50 trips drops to 5% so lets see how their algorithm plays out with the amount of requests I get, I keep lying to myself its going to be fine, but no, why would they give me trips if they can pass it to a nearby Ant and get more money with a 27.5% cut. We all know how good is Uber about milking every cent of a buck in every corner while telling us more time on the road, more money!

Didi is no savior to Perth's rideshare market. What is happening now is total warfare material. We all received a big package in the mailbox, stacks of sign-up code cards, Hallowing decoration with signup codes that I see some drivers hanging behind their head-rests... for what, to be your code wiped out by their 50% first trip discount included within the app. Free marketing boys for them as you preach to the riders how better is Didi while they pretend they care about us unlike Uber and Ola.

Today I rode a Didi reptesentative, seemed like a higher rank dude within the company. All the ride on the phone talking with some college about ways to make believe the drivers that they care about the drivers, that they will provide a generous pay, about streak promotions, guaranteed hourly earnings... all sort of sweet-talk... he said was a philosophical issue whats happening with the drivers with Uber and Ola, thay they feel they are being cheated by this high commissions, and that Didi wants to become the good face in the market like if they care for the Drivers and they will do the work telling their friends with the old but gold mouth to mouth marketing.

Well, do you remember the guy said "its a philosophical issue, we have to make them believe we care about them". Actions are worth more than words, and all the evidence and true colors came to light in that moment for me, after a 15 minutes ride the gentleman only said: Hi and Bye. Did not bother asking the driver how is my first week with Didi, get some real freaking feedback about their unrealistic bonuses that are there for the noobs to help them boicot the market.

Regardless, we are all here for the money, so be wise and don't fall into their dirty plays. Competition is going to be good for us drivers, and remember to read, not look, but read the bonuses terms and conditions.

Sorry guys I just wanted to vent as I have been preaching about Didi from last week to my riders and today I learned that they are as evil or more than what we already had in Town. Freaking dishonesty, well you live you learn.

Thanks for 0% for 4 weeks and $100 for 10 trips. The rest is a smokescreen and a lie.

Good night!
Fools for preaching didi to riders... I tell them all didi tiis the worst, ???

UberOnAu

Fools for preaching didi to riders... I tell them all didi tiis the worst, ???
I've only had one didi job. I just run it in the background of uber on one phone. Not sure if they have flex pay, when they pay us and whether they pay the gst? Cheers fellow drivers

Last edited:

Immoralized

ers
I've only had one didi job. I just run it in the background of uber on one phone. Not sure if they have flex pay, when they pay us and whether they pay the gst? Cheers fellow drivers
From what I've been told by 3rd parties is that they pay out weekly with no instant pay. Pretty much the worst of the 3. They hold onto all the $$$ to generate interest of it.

Go into their didi hub next week. I don't know if it gst included or not included and not that interested in didi atm when uber offering 5% commission.

DA08

From what I've been told by 3rd parties is that they pay out weekly with no instant pay. Pretty much the worst of the 3. They hold onto all the $$$ to generate interest of it.

Go into their didi hub next week. I don't know if it gst included or not included and not that interested in didi atm when uber offering 5% commission.
Its really getting fun now lol... Was this morning at the meet up in Burswood briefly - gave them a 20 min of feedback ???

Attachments

Immoralized

Its really getting fun now lol... Was this morning at the meet up in Burswood briefly - gave them a 20 min of feedback ???
I'm getting that for saturday.
What Ola doesn't know is that most of the uber drivers are on 5% for the past couple of weeks :biggrin:
Seem like Ola running tight on $$$ for it driver and need a bit more of a budget!

Doesn't really matter though didi going to be dead all november. As long as Uber keep swinging those 5% commission the drivers way it'll remain dead for the foreseeable future. No drivers on Didi means no riders able to claim those juicy free rides.

With Uber pockets free it seem Ola feeling the pinch now as well when they are starting to realize it not all about providing all the free rides and discount to rider all of the time... You kind of need the drivers in place to provide those rides. ?

Last edited:

DA08

I'm getting that for saturday.
What Ola doesn't know is that most of the uber drivers are on 5% for the past couple of weeks :biggrin:
Seem like Ola running tight on $$$ for it driver and need a bit more of a budget!

Doesn't really matter though didi going to be dead all november. As long as Uber keep swinging those 5% commission the drivers way it'll remain dead for the foreseeable future. No drivers on Didi means no riders able to claim those juicy free rides.
Ola is aware of what Uber does. the girl I spoke to told me today.... I hope did stays dead for the next 2 years lol

Immoralized

Ola is aware of what Uber does. the girl I spoke to told me today.... I hope did stays dead for the next 2 years lol
Didi and Taxify the same commy companies. Prefer to beat the driver into submission like they do in China. Since it a state owned company.

Ola a penny pinching company that counts every single cent. Typical indian really ✔
They should of partner up with Uber and effectively blocked Didi together.
If they both ran 5%-10% commission for the rest of the year not a lot of drivers will be bothered with operating another rideshare app on the phone.

At this stage you got to switch in-between three apps. It an accident waiting to happen. You get a ping while you driving now you switching off the other two apps while navigating it all BS. Going to be road fatalities for sure this summer.

Didi and Taxify the same commy companies. Prefer to beat the driver into submission like they do in China. Since it a state owned company.

Ola a penny pinching company that counts every single cent. Typical indian really ✔
If they both ran 5%-10% commission for the rest of the year not a lot of drivers will be bothered with operating another rideshare app on the phone.

At this stage you got to switch in-between three apps. It an accident waiting to happen. You get a ping while you driving now you switching off the other two apps while navigating it all BS. Going to be road fatalities for sure this summer.
You have articulated the whole scenario very well.
Didi's marketing cards goes like this;" You get Low fares , Tony gets a fair go". Switch to Didi for "Tony".
Simply reading this crap makes me feel like puking. Didi portrays themselves as some godsent angel that has been sent to save the distressed drivers. And this has been the very essence of their sales pitch to prospective customers.

Last edited:

The Gadget

Didi is the only one I turn off at the moment only to make sure there is no reason for them not to pay out this week's rewards.
You are better off leaving the other 2 running when on a Didi job have picked up up several other jobs near the Didi drop off location.

Board

It's not actually about rideshare anymore, there's a bigger picture. It's a Data war and this Government has sat on it's hands and done nothing to protect Australia from it.
Shouldn't really be happening at all

UberOnAu

I know, uber offering that is like a devious way

It's not that we needed a second or 3rd rideshare company. If the competition gets us more pay then that's a positive. Ubers commission is ridiculous, until you've down 50 jobs. At least didi actually shows the distance the Pax is going before accepting. They seem to have more respect for us. The dark mode at night doesn't seem to work. Are you ants having the same issue?

DA08

I know, uber offering that is like a devious way

It's not that we needed a second or 3rd rideshare company. If the competition gets us more pay then that's a positive. Ubers commission is ridiculous, until you've down 50 jobs. At least didi actually shows the distance the Pax is going before accepting. They seem to have more respect for us. The dark mode at night doesn't seem to work. Are you ants having the same issue?
DIDi have more respect.?. Lol the destination is getting removed just looked at the Eastern states. Commission increased as well. Hola used to show destination is wrong but drivers abused it so gets removed

Sandhills

At this rate Sam will have to get out and start driving a cab...

Whatever happened to Sam after his epic informative posts?
Post automatically merged:

Has he moved to the New Yorker as a guest columnist?

Screenshot_20191109-102749.png

Post automatically merged:

I like Sam because he is diligent...carefully noting it is Perth, Australia so we don't all rush on the next Qantus long haul flight to Perth, Scotland or hire a huskie team to rapidly deploy to Perth, Ontario

(Thanks Sam hope the didi driving/kitchen hand is going well)

Last edited:

UberOnAu

DIDi have more respect.?. Lol the destination is getting removed just looked at the Eastern states. Commission increased as well. Hola used to show destination is wrong but drivers abused it so gets removed
Oh great, so it gets worse, our hopes are to be dashed. Yes, drivers abuse the system and like to cherry pick work.

Immoralized

It's so annoying to hear Didi advertising on radio the driver gets paid more with DD such BS
Same thing will happen like it did in Melb. For the vast majority of Perth drivers are even a lot more fickle vs the drivers over east cause we got the lowest rates in Oz and NZ. Been the lowest paid drivers in the region with the highest DOT fees and operating cost doesn't leave the rideshare companies much wriggle room.

Partially the reason why Ola haven't taken over market shares in Perth because their app is still annoying for the most part compared to the Uber app. The point of difference as well is that Uber app is starting to become annoying as well but it has always sent out jobs 20 minutes long.

Ola have done a remarkable job on the Android app but the apple app from what i hear is severely undeveloped. Ola app needs a remarkable amount of juice at burst rates for like a second or two which is probably because of poor coding. Even on a Note 8 which I have that running for the Ola app takes a second or two to run through the code after the command which is strange because it not the lack of ram or cpu capacity as it has plenty of both.

Been a night and day difference from the old samsung s5 to a note 8 for the ola app as the older phone would just choke out towards the end of it life. Today probably going to need at least a Note 8 to run 3 rideshare app without any lags if you working with one phone. In terms of having a pain free experience the android platform for these apps are worlds apart from the apple.

Every-time I hear a problem with one of my driver app when running rideshare apps I just have to ask are you using an apple phone? ALways a yes.

Last edited:

Sandhills

Well Immoral you will like this ....had no problems running the Uber or Ola app on an old Samsung Galaxy S4...

But it was rooted and got rid of all the bloat ware and made a few other tweaks...so next upgrade will be twin fully rooted Samsung S5's lol

Many sluggisg phones are just bogged down with unnecessary background processes and can be blazing fast with a little TLC