Did you read for first time gig Uber and Lyft will get 600 week for 4 months from Feds.

LetsBeSmart

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks that's what I had to and it's not working ... I just have to wait till they update the site , you're lucky you got in.
Post automatically merged:

How?
I hope, it seemed to work yesterday, I was in for awhile and then saved got out to figure some things out and went back in to complete it, we'll see.

Thanks that's what I had to and it's not working ... I just have to wait till they update the site , you're lucky you got in.

How?
I am not sure how but good luck I hope you all get in soon. This stay at home self quarantine has its challenges, on the positive note I have work out equipment so I am lifting pretty much daily, I am also playing this online game called Rising Storm 2 FPS which can be enjoyable, but I have been hitting the booze a little too hard, 4 days in a row I allow myself 10 shots of Smirnoff Vodka with different mixes and sit on 2nd floor patio looking at great water view, we need some rain, holy shit I am lush. I have the apartment stacked with food and drink which is good, been doing the Walmart pick up deal, works pretty well, I am by myself so it makes it easier.

Last edited:

MasterC

Sounds like a 2 week wait till the new software update comes on line...Meanwhile Uber CEO's gets paid.
Why cant they do like others.
Donate 1 monthly salary to workers / drivers.

Come on Uber.....the 1st of April is Wednesday, rent is due..

Uberscum

Sounds like a 2 week wait till the new software update comes on line...Meanwhile Uber CEO's gets paid.
Why cant they do like others.
Donate 1 monthly salary to workers / drivers.

Come on Uber.....the 1st of April is Wednesday, rent is due..
Where did you get that information about the two weeks?

MasterC

Noting involving state gov happens overnight.
Talked to an IT guy working at the center and he said no new update till mid April.

Uberscum

Talked to an IT guy working at the center and he said no new update till mid April.
Well that sucks donkey nipples.
So how do you explain how another guy in this thread above said he got inside?

Uberscum

He lied.. Simple. Uber has never been listed you can search for employer and see for yourself. FAKENEWS.
What is he gaining by lying?

I hope, it seemed to work yesterday, I was in for awhile and then saved got out to figure some things out and went back in to complete it, we'll see.

I am not sure how but good luck I hope you all get in soon. This stay at home self quarantine has its challenges, on the positive note I have work out equipment so I am lifting pretty much daily, I am also playing this online game called Rising Storm 2 FPS which can be enjoyable, but I have been hitting the booze a little too hard, 4 days in a row I allow myself 10 shots of Smirnoff Vodka with different mixes and sit on 2nd floor patio looking at great water view, we need some rain, holy shit I am lush. I have the apartment stacked with food and drink which is good, been doing the Walmart pick up deal, works pretty well, I am by myself so it makes it easier.
Hey MasterC is calling you a liar, what's your defense? LMAO

Erin C Banning

That's about what I expect -- even though the bill passed, state goverments will take time to implement it. might still be worth filing now to get in the system, I'm not really sure either way though

LetsBeSmart

What is he gaining by lying?

Hey MasterC is calling you a liar, what's your defense? LMAO
I am telling you I got in and completed the process, I gave my bank info and my tax info from Uber and Lyft I didn't lie, have no reason to. I have to report to them on April 7th.

Erin C Banning

Both can be true -- you may be able to file now, but the unemployment benefits might not be paid until after the office gets its IT act together.

Site mostly worked, but because I have other gig work that has been minimally affected (so far) by Covid-19, I got this:

Not Eligible to File
You indicated that you worked full time and/or earned at least $275 this week. You are ineligible to submit a claim at this time.
You may apply for reemployment assistance during a week in which you are not employed full time and earn less than $275.

I expect to earn just over $300 this week online tutoring. Once the bill gets implemented, I suspect they'll change this, I'll have to try to refile then.

Last edited:

Uberscum

Both can be true -- you may be able to file now, but the unemployment benefits might not be paid until after the office gets its IT act together.

Site mostly worked, but because I have other gig work that has been minimally affected (so far) by Covid-19, I got this:

Not Eligible to File
You indicated that you worked full time and/or earned at least $275 this week. You are ineligible to submit a claim at this time.
You may apply for reemployment assistance during a week in which you are not employed full time and earn less than $275.

I expect to earn just over $300 this week online tutoring. Once the bill gets implemented, I suspect they'll change this, I'll have to try to refile then.
Don't tell them you are working.

Uberscum

it's a felony not to, personally I'll make ends meet another way rather than run that risk
Personally I don't give a shit, they can't have their cake and eat it too. Let me get this straight, they want me to stay home without any money coming in when I have bills to pay, but they don't want me to work.

I'm going to work up until the time I get my first check, then I stop working. If they want, they can take a percentage out for the time I was working, but until then I have to work. Rent wont be paid by itself, cell phone bill wont be paid by itself, car insurance wont be paid by itself, food wont be paid, and other peripheral expenses wont be paid by itself.

They won't find out till next year anyways considering we are a 1099. If they want me to stay home, pay me right now or else go @@@@ themselves!

At the very least, I can still work and make $250 staying below the 275 marker.

Also, I've been hearing that it's going to take at least two weeks for the Florida unemployment website to be up and running to accommodate gig workers.

Erin C Banning

Personally I don't give a shit, they can't have their cake and eat it too. Let me get this straight, they want me to stay home without any money coming in when I have bills to pay, but they don't want me to work.

I'm going to work up until the time I get my first check, then I stop working. If they want, they can take a percentage out for the time I was working, but until then I have to work. Rent wont be paid by itself, cell phone bill wont be paid by itself, car insurance wont be paid by itself, food wont be paid, and other peripheral expenses wont be paid by itself.

They won't find out till next year anyways considering we are a 1099. If they want me to stay home, pay me right now or else go @@@@ themselves!

Also, I've been hearing that it's going to take at least two weeks for the Florida unemployment website to be up and running to accommodate gig workers.
I don't disagree with your sentiments, but I also don't see any reason to provide false information now when (as you say here and elsewhere) the unemployment site will be revised to take us into account within a few weeks. One way or the other, I'll be alright. If they revise the site to let me legally file, then I'll file. If they don't, I'll work my butt off anyway and be alright in the end that way as well.

bregalad5

It seemed normal me, I had a little trouble but went back in and corrected some issues I ran into, I have to do something on April 7th with it like the old days, I haven't collected in years but I remember every week or two you would have to let them know you are in the same situation and it goes on something like this, I'll figure it out, I was happy because I gave them my bank routing and account number I am hoping I get my 1200 with direct deposit also.
What did you put? Did you say you're self-employed and go through the extremely long page that says your employer has to fill a section out?

Attachments

LetsBeSmart

I think you are right, keep in mind they will get you from your taxes and after you write off miles you will be so low they won't touch you.

Erin C Banning

Btw, I just read the relevant portion of the CARES Act defining who is eligible for expanded unemployment benefits (link here: https://files.taxfoundation.org/20200325223111/FINAL-FINAL-CARES-ACT.pdf ... relevant section is 2101) and it seems possible (though still uncertain) that many if not most of us rideshare drivers in Florida will not qualify in the end. You basically have to be directly affected by COVID-19 (by a positive diagnosis for you, someone in your household etc., or having to take care of a dependent who would otherwise by in school/day care if not for COVID-19, or your place of business is closed because of COVID-19, or you are prevented from working due to a quarantine order). Since there are no quarantine orders in Florida, and Uber is not closing for business, unless you or someone you live with has caught it the better bet might be to look into the small business payroll loans (since each of us is technically running a small business).

Btw, I just read the relevant portion of the CARES Act defining who is eligible for expanded unemployment benefits (link here: https://files.taxfoundation.org/20200325223111/FINAL-FINAL-CARES-ACT.pdf ... relevant section is 2101) and it seems possible (though still uncertain) that many if not most of us rideshare drivers in Florida will not qualify in the end. You basically have to be directly affected by COVID-19 (by a positive diagnosis for you, someone in your household etc., or having to take care of a dependent who would otherwise by in school/day care if not for COVID-19, or your place of business is closed because of COVID-19, or you are prevented from working due to a quarantine order). Since there are no quarantine orders in Florida, and Uber is not closing for business, unless you or someone you live with has caught it the better bet might be to look into the small business payroll loans (since each of us is technically running a small business).
I was pretty sure there would be some bs hurdle that would be impossible to navigate. Unless you are set up as a corporation you will not have a payroll. Let the [email protected]@@show begin.

Uberscum

Untrue.... it's an economic stimulus package, has nothing to do whether a person has been affected or not. The lack of work qualifies us.

Erin C Banning

Untrue.... it's an economic stimulus package, has nothing to do whether a person has been affected or not. The lack of work qualifies us.
Sorry to be the bearer of potentially bad tidings (depending on your precise situation), but just because it is an economic stimulus package does not mean receiving extended unemployment benefits has nothing to do with whether a person has been affected or not. It's true that getting the $1,200 check per adult and $500 check per child has nothing to do with whether a person has been affected or not, assuming you make less than $75,000 a year (that's straight economic stimulus). I wasn't talking about those checks, as I specified in my post, and we've been talking about the extended unemployment benefits in this thread exclusively, so I don't think it's too much to ask you to avoid confusing the issue.

The extended unemployment benefits have a lot to do with whether a person has been affected or not, as spelled out in the actual bill (under section 2101). In an ideal world, it would be true that receiving them would have nothing to do with whether a person is affected or not, but we don't live in an ideal world. The reality in the text of the law is that the extended unemployment benefits are targeted at those who 1) are diagnosed with Covid-19 or are showing symptoms, 2) have a household member who is diagnosed with Covid-19 or is showing symptoms, 3) is unable to get to work as a result of Covid-19-related quarantine orders (which isn't true of anyone in our area, as no such orders are in place here), 4) has a place of business that has shut down as a result of Covid-19 quarantine orders (which is arguably not true of any of us, as Uber and Lyft are still open for business, unless state unemployment offices define our places of business as being our own independent contractor businesses -- as they should, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that count). There's a few other clauses there that I don't remember off the top of my head, but only one of them potentially applies to rideshare drivers. There may be an argument to be made under one of the other clauses that the Covid-19 crisis has decreased a driver's income substantially, but how easy that argument is to make depends a lot (to my mind) on what documentation the state unemployment office ends up requiring to make it (none of which is spelled out in the text of the federal law). The state is going to look at the exact wording of the federal law and implement it onto its existing unemployment insurance program.

My guess based on the text of the law -- full-time rideshare drivers with no other gigs should probably be able to get the extended unemployment benefits. Part-time drivers with multiple gigs may not be able to, depending on the nature of the gigs, how much they were able to compensate for lost driving income on the other gigs, etc. In order to get the extra $600/month, you have to successfully file for unemployment (which does not mean just submitting your application, the application has to be accepted).

I was pretty sure there would be some bs hurdle that would be impossible to navigate. Unless you are set up as a corporation you will not have a payroll. Let the [email protected]@@show begin.
I have similar expectations -- personally, I'm not waiting to get the government handout, I'm working on compensating for the lost income through my other gigs.