1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Did you know Uber has a VIP loyalty program?

Discussion in 'Stories' started by arto71, Feb 12, 2015.

1. arto71

arto71 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
  2. puber

puber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberPLUS
    What's ubervip vehicle vew?
    Is it that a picture of the back seat you took when applying to uber, before it was puked on?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    IndyDriver likes this.
  3. Stray cat

Stray cat Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I had what I think was my first VIP pax this morning. I clicked on his profile and it read something like "VIP UberX."

I'm in the Philly market. Not sure if this is the same as Uber VIP? I read your linked article, which states drivers are rated 4.8 or higher and drive "high quality" cars. I don't fit within that criteria. My rating is 4.71 and I drive a tan 2009 Corolla, which is decent but never will be confused with white glove quality. Maybe he got me by mistake or was slumming it? I drove him from University City to a South Philly gym, no tip and nothing extraordinary about the trip.

4. Back it up Uber

Back it up Uber Member

It's for pax that use uber a lot and they get discounts. They get matched with drivers with a 4.8 or higher rating. The driver gets nothing extra for driving a vip around. The vip pax can have any rating, I even got a request for one that had a 4.65 rating and didn't accept.

5. Stray cat

Stray cat Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Okay but I'm a driver with a 4.71 rating. Maybe they're scraping the bottom of the barrel by hooking me up with him.

6. JoeyA

JoeyA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    They get an "additional" discount?? Does that come out of their fee?

7. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

I think if you drive for uber for some period of time like two years, you get a free toaster, or a set of fountain pens.

8. JoeyA

JoeyA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    How long do you have to drive before you get the lube?

SMOTY, WolvesFan329, PTUber and 2 others like this.
  9. Blackcab

Blackcab Active Member

Uber doesn't use lube.

10. dirtylee

dirtylee Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Vehicle impaired pax that use uber alot get freebies, concert tickets, etc etc.

11. shiftydrake

shiftydrake Well-Known Member

Ok after reading this thread I have to respond.......I may get in trouble from miss I hope not but here goes.......V.I.P. Every time I hear that I flash back to Revenge of The Nerds and "booger" telling the flight attendant.."you know that stands for very immense penile"......(not penile but I cleaned it up).....so if you get a VIP...you are supposed to compliment him on his very immense penile and I guess the 4.6 was meant to say he is 4 foot 6 inches long?..:eek:

12. goon70056

goon70056 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    By the time you're eligible for lube, you don't need it any more :)

13. pitflyer

pitflyer Member

I had a VIP pax once. He told me he gets the nicer cars and drivers and most other VIPs are actually Uber employees (the real ones not us lameo independent contractors). He told me how Uber was giving away free Steelers Tix and he was able to get to the front of the line to request the special vehicle that had it.

I did not get any more than Uberx fare for the VIP. Just a story since my app did show 'vip' on pickup. Ps VIPs don't tip either.

14. Greguzzi

Greguzzi Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Are there "VIP Stool" passengers, too?

15. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

Only to make the sand stick...

JoeyA likes this.
  16. Greguzzi

Greguzzi Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    [​IMG]

JoeyA likes this.
  17. negeorgia

negeorgia Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I heard that they could be a fee to get a highly rated driver. Not passed on to the driver of course. Who knows what is really real.

18. JoeyA

JoeyA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Ouch

19. Graham_DC

Graham_DC Well-Known Member

Some months back I had a pickup in a rich area, a couple minutes into the ride:

Pax: You're doing great, everything is great. But just so you know, we are Uber VIPs
    Me: ??????????? Okay.

And it was quiet after that. Didn't know what it meant

20. JoeyA

JoeyA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Hilarious! It would have been great if you could have responded "and that's why you have a VIP driver!" and showed you're pearly whites as you smiled with pride.

Graham_DC likes this.