Did you have a missing trip today? (7/13/16)

mahatma57

Started out this morning at 11:30 in Evanston and my first fare was to Midway. A 27 mile trip that took an hour and 12 minutes. When I went to end the trip, the app said I was offline. I went back online, and there was no record of the trip. I went to the rideshare staging area, and the wait time showed as 13-23 min. While sitting there, I tried to access support through the app, but there was not a category for my problem. I tried to log in to support through the website, but couldn’t remember my password, and trying to log in using my Facebook account brought me to a sign-up screen for a passenger account. I submitted my email address to reset my password, and got a screen saying that a link had been sent to my email addresses, but almost 3 hours later it has not shown up.
I waited for 38 min in the staging area (remember the 13-23 min wait time?) before I got a ping going back downtown. After I dropped off my rider, I turned off the app and drove straight to the North Ave support center, where the parking lot was full, with a line of cars snaking down the block, waiting to get in. I had to park 5 blocks away, and when I signed in at the support center, I found there were 68 people waiting before me. I am writing this as I am waiting to speak to a representative. I have been here for a half hour so far. The last time I was here, it took an hour and a half to get through a queue of 42 people.
I would like to know why there is not a support phone number, or even a way to send a support email through the partner app. Even if I manage to resolve my original issue, I will still have missed out on at least two more hours of driving time. If I had the ability to call a support line, or send an email to support describing my problem from within the app, it would have taken me no more than 5 minutes to report my problem.

Update:
After waiting for just over an hour at the support center, a woman came out and made an announcement: "If you are here for a missing trip, we are aware of the problem, and it will be fixed on your next pay statement, there is no need for you to wait here."
As I got up and started to walk out, the woman walked past me and I asked her "how much will Uber be compensating me for the hour I just wasted?". She completely ignored me and walked on past.
I went out and walked back the 5 blocks to my car, got in and turned on my app, and started Ubering again. After a couple of short rides, I decided I wasn't up for driving anymore, so I set my destination filter for home. I got 2 fares on the way home, and as I was driving the second one to his destination on Touhy Ave, the navigation disappeared. When I restarted it, the destination was listed as Midway airport, and the name of the passenger was listed as 'Greg' (my passenger at the time was named Farook)! All of a sudden, 4 hours later, I was back to my first trip of the day, which was still running! I ended the trip, and the app went back to the trip I was currently on. When I checked my daily earnings, it listed trip #1 as an $82 payout for a 52 mile trip lasting 303 min.
I'm going to wait and see if the rider on that trip disputes the fare. If so, I will argue that the rider should not be charged, but that Uber should pay me what they say they are paying me, due to the error on their part, which would compensate me for all the time I spent trying to report the problem.

SMH Uber

Whoa. $82. Nice and awful at the same time uber has to do better. Pls update us on the issue when resolved. Thks!

mahatma57

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Update:
I got an email this morning from Uber support saying that the rider had disputed the fare, and asking me for my 'side of the story'.
I replied with the details of the trip, and told them exactly what happened, and asked that any negative ratings or comments from the rider not be counted against me, as well as compensation for my time and effort in trying to resolve the matter. Later today, I received an email that they had the fare down to $46.75 'which reflects our estimate for this trip if it ended ideally'. My payout ended up as $33.79. They thanked me for helping them improve their GPS technology, and there was no mention of additional compensation or ratings adjustments.
About what I expected..

Uguy22

Update:
I got an email this morning from Uber support saying that the rider had disputed the fare, and asking me for my 'side of the story'.
I replied with the details of the trip, and told them exactly what happened, and asked that any negative ratings or comments from the rider not be counted against me, as well as compensation for my time and effort in trying to resolve the matter. Later today, I received an email that they had the fare down to $46.75 'which reflects our estimate for this trip if it ended ideally'. My payout ended up as $33.79. They thanked me for helping them improve their GPS technology, and there was no mention of additional compensation or ratings adjustments.
About what I expected..
I had a similar case 2 weeks ago on a Saturday night and at 3:00 am when I came home I sent an email to the Help dpt. and they took care of the problem the following day. (Note: 2 trips were missing but no riders had contested the trips)