• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

DID YOU GET ONE OF THESE???

WindyCityAnt

Theres only 2 things you NEED to do as a cotizen of our wonderful country.

A: Pay your taxes!

B: Die.

Simply said. Hope it helps.:eek:

Invisible

Looking at that letter, It’s 4 years worth of not filing or paying taxes. I can’t expand it much on my phone.

Contact a Tax Accountant or Tax Attorney for help.

Seamus

This should make many people shudder who don't declare the income. Everyone knows there are a lot of drivers who don't get a 1099 and therefore don't declare the income. "Day of Reckoning"

Last edited:

Uberme2020

wow, the last 6 of you didn’t even read the letter. No wonder why you are the perfect Lyft drivers. Unaware and ignorant.

It’s a letter requesting all documentation to determine if TGK was in fact an employee and not an independent contractor. If the determination finds that Lyft acted as an employer then TGK will be awarded unemployment benefits regardless of the IC/1099 relationship.

kingcorey321

if it has your sos # on it then its not a scam. To me this looks like a lawyer filing a civil sute vs lyft.
it says please send your tax . It does not say you MUST send them. I Always talk to your lawyer for legal advice where needed .
i would talk to a professional here no i would not sent my personal tax information. the irs already has your records on hand,
think about it , Why would the irs require you to send forms they already have ? No i think they would just audit you .

Last edited:

Daisey77

Other than California, New Jersey is one of two other states challenging employee versus independent contractor status. This is why the letter was sent out. I had nothing to do with whether OP pay their taxes or not

Invisible

wow, the last 6 of you didn’t even read the letter. No wonder why you are the perfect Lyft drivers. Unaware and ignorant.

It’s a letter requesting all documentation to determine if TGK was in fact an employee and not an independent contractor. If the determination finds that Lyft acted as an employer then TGK will be awarded unemployment benefits regardless of the IC/1099 relationship.
Thanks for clarifying. I tried reading it on my phone but was having difficulties. So I just saw the years and something about Federal Income Taxes.

JaxUberLyft

As is being discussed in another thread - That letter is from state of NJ, and it looks like NJ is going after Lyft as it is Uber

In Nov 2019 NJ billed / sued Uber for $659 Million in unpaid back unemployment and disability insurance. Basically NJ is saying that drivers are employees and LyftUber owe NJ for state coverages normally provided to employees.

Depending on Lyft's market share, maybe another $300 million from Lyft.

Other blue states are likely to pile on...maybe even some money hungry red ones!

I don't THINK this has much to do with individual driver tax returns.

peteyvavs

As is being discussed in another thread - That letter is from state of NJ, and it looks like NJ is going after Lyft as it is Uber

In Nov 2019 NJ billed / sued Uber for $659 Million in unpaid back unemployment and disability insurance. Basically NJ is saying that drivers are employees and LyftUber owe NJ for state coverages normally provided to employees.

Other blue states are likely to pile on...maybe even some money hungry red ones!

Just to be safe get LOTS of lube for the big one 😱

Seamus

WTF does it matter what the intention is. They are asking for a schedule C and if you don't provide it because you didn't do one what do you think is the next step??? Think a little before replying.

Talk about being ignorant, go back to putting your head in the sand.
Post automatically merged:

With all do respect....you're nuts. Did you not read the part about being asked to submit your schedule C? You keep conveniently overlooking that part. You just joined the forum in 2019. Did you even ever do a tax return yet with RS income?

Last edited: