• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Did uber change their nick name policy?

HyundaiBigDog

i used to have my nick name which pax see and my legal name on the account which they didn’t see. A few weeks ago uber changed the name pax see to my legal name. Is there any way to change it back without changing the legal name on the account?

SEAL Team 5

Too many drivers say that they will not pick up Grand Master B or Snoop Butt. Uber saw a drastic increase in driver cancellations once the name became evident to the driver. You can thank this forum for helping get that changed.

On a side note would like your daughter to be picked up by an Uber driver named Chester the Molester?

SEAL Team 5

Scoop Butt was my cousins name. Now he just goes by Dara Ice
That was your cousin I picked up last week? He was a cool dude and a generous tipper. Tell him thanks for me. He did mention that by my username he was expecting to see something like this as I drove up.
image.jpg

Mista T

Author
i used to have my nick name which pax see and my legal name on the account which they didn’t see. A few weeks ago uber changed the name pax see to my legal name. Is there any way to change it back without changing the legal name on the account?
Yes.

Every time Uber runs a background check, the computer changes your name to the default, which is <first> <last>.

Example: Robert <Smith>

If you want a nickname it must be a derivative of your first name. When you request thru the app the idiots will put it in parenthesis. For example:

Bob (Robert) <Smith>

But if you go into the hub and explain what you want to a human (I've done this 3 times now successfully) they will put your nickname up front for pax to see, and your full name where the last name goes.

Example:

Bob <Robert Smith>

With Lyft, you can take it a step further if the human is cool.

Example: Tony <Robert Smith>

How do I know? Because that's how I have it. If you knew my first name you could look me up on Uber but not Lyft.