Uber Drivers Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts
You've been driving for Uber long enough. When did they ever let a vague sentence benefit the driver?

If you are working the guarantee, which way do you want it to unfold? Assume you are correct and end up making $12.00 and hour, or assume the worst and make $24.00 an hour?
Personally, I'm not really worried about it. I drive part time. But I'll put in a lil elbow grease and figure it out. On my way home today, I'll log on and accept a ride once I get into LA county. If the boost shows, then all clear. But if not, then I'll just work the Lyft guarantees this week.

I don't know if uber are geniuses or idiots. Don't they understand that the city is gonna surge all day now? If thats what they want to collect extra money, good for them, but I won't drive now unless its surging.
they are genius. drivers are the idiots. uber knows that drivers will drive outside core because drivers have a quota. if drivers want the so called platinum they have to stay online and drive regardless. you are forced to do 75 trips. that's a lot of trips in one week.
drivers will drive for 85 cents a mile just to get platinum.

Gold in Non-Core this week is 1.2x. This is my first week at Gold, but I believe they lowered from 1.2x weekdays and 1.3x weekends to just 1.2x all week (during boost times).

I live in the valley. I start driving at home, and if a ride takes me to Core great, but so far I don't go to Core without a ride. 50% or more of my rides at in non-core, maybe that's why I did get the non-core boost incentive.

Wow, I don't know what the deal is then. I'mI'm non core, got non core boosts last week. This week nothing non core, just got an email for core LA boosts. I emailed 3 times to ask what the deal is, and no reply. Figures.
I'll bet you anything, somehow it has to do with acceptance rate. I was gold this week, and didn't get non core incentive. I am a heartbeat away from saying goodbye to the second worst company on earth. Uber is lucky there is a Time Warner, or they would be the worst.

Discussion starter · #54 ·
I'll bet you anything, somehow it has to do with acceptance rate. I was gold this week, and didn't get non core incentive. I am a heartbeat away from saying goodbye to the second worst company on earth. Uber is lucky there is a Time Warner, or they would be the worst.
Im Gold this week as well. Im trying to think back on last week and I think my acceptance rate was pretty good. I didnt get timed out that i can remember lol I keep emailing them about it, but of course, no reply. But I got core boosts, so if my acceptance rate wasn't up to par, I dont think I'd get the core boosts.

Looks like I'll be dropping my rides this week so I can possibly qualify for the hourly guarantee. I like that one better than this core boost BS.
I might do the same thing. Do the hourly guarantee's force you to drive in the core? And, how few of rides do we need to do to qualify for the hourly guarantees? I'll play poker instead of drive... a lot more risk, but better upside than this medal core crap.

I think you have to do less than 25 rides in order to get the hourly guarantee.

Rides don't have to originate in the core or even in LA county for that matter to count for the guarantee. You just have to average 1.5 rides per hour, have an 80% acceptance rate and complete 25% of your rides. I never thought I'd say this, but Uber's guarantees are now easier to hit than Lyft. Lyft now requires you to complete one ride in designated areas or two rides in the territory you are listed in as well as keep a 90% acceptance rate and be logged on 50 minutes of the hour on the hour.

I might do the same thing. Do the hourly guarantee's force you to drive in the core? And, how few of rides do we need to do to qualify for the hourly guarantees? I'll play poker instead of drive... a lot more risk, but better upside than this medal core crap.
Be careful...

The fine print is different for different drivers. Some are for L.A. County and some are for L.A. Core. And if the fine print is ambiguous, assume Uber will screw you if you go the easier path.

Less than 25 trips will qualify you for hourly. The few time I received the hourly, trips has to start in Core LA. I think hourly guarantee is not that bad if you are part timer who only drive during the week day rush hour between 7-10am or 5-10pm. With the metal incentive, you not going to see surge and the hourly guarantee help if you only complete 2 short trips or stuck in the traffic within an hour. Otherwise, I say metal work better especially for full time driver.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.