• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Did I make a mistake?

bulay-og

I picked up an UberX pax going to JFK this morning. I forgot to ask him before leaving where he was going? When I was driving, I realized that I will be going back to NJ empty. That's a lot of dead miles. The gross fare was about $90.00, $20 of which was a surcharge for tolls. I took Outerbridge going there and coming back.

Did I make a mistake taking this trip?

Dan L

I think what Uber needs to do is make a separate section within the app for airport dropoff/pickups or the same for big cities. Some people like doing this often, and some don't. This way, the pax can log into that section and get a driver also logged into that section. The rest can be used for local.

TaylorHamNCheez

I think what Uber needs to do is make a separate section within the app for airport dropoff/pickups or the same for big cities. Some people like doing this often, and some don't. This way, the pax can log into that section and get a driver also logged into that section. The rest can be used for local.
I totally agree. Some of us can only log on for shorter periods and want short rides. Other only want NYC drop offs or airport rides.

Other day I had a fare to Philly... Easy $150 or more, but had to turn it down Because I had to be somewhere. Another example, was times where I was available for long rides and only got $5 rides for hours.

Would be nice if we could choose.

Coffeekeepsmedriving

According to Uber, no. According to many on here, you should have called/texted to find destination and then cancelled. There's no right answer. I look at it this way...what if a friend/family member asked you for a ride to airport and you drove them...you'd do it for free. This time you got paid.
Uber needs a flat fare of $20 jsut going to NYC from NJ(Toll not included) Plus miles etc

Airports JFK and laguadia. need to start at 45.00 than add the fare..

Just my opinon

Lenny_yellow_cab

Uber needs a flat fare of $20 jsut going to NYC from NJ(Toll not included) Plus miles etc

Airports JFK and laguadia. need to start at 45.00 than add the fare..

Just my opinon
Should be like us yellow cabs in NYC where its an additional $17.50 to go to Newark Airport from NYC and the pax has to pay for return toll. I love going to Newark airport lol

The reason it's an additional $17.50 is becuz we are not allowed to pick up in Jersey so that money is to make up for the return trip empty.

Skyhakw2472

The reason it's an additional $17.50 is becuz we are not allowed to pick up in Jersey so that money is to make up for the return trip empty.
Which is exactly why they should raise the rates for NJ drivers dropping off in NY, since we cannot pick up in NY and have to deadhead back to NJ and figure out either a cost effective way to get back or pay the fortune on the VZ bridge. I have only gone out that way twice so not a biggie for me yet, but one day there will be an issue I can see.

bulay-og

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Unfortunately, there will be some who doesn't care about it but the $ amount they see after they have submitted the pax rating. Then, there will be some who are not treating this as a real business and will be fine with it. And there will be some who thinks about his/her bottom line, will have an issue with this.

SibeRescueBrian

I got pinged from Princeton at 3:50 this morning. Pax immediately sent me a text letting me know she was going to JFK and asked if that was alright with me. Since that's a thoughtful gesture & it was so early, I picked her up. Got there at 4:01 and she was waiting at the door with her luggage. Dropped off at Terminal 8 at 5:20. She thanked me and gave me a $50 cash tip. Back in NJ by 6:00. Not all JFK trips are worth it, but give me more like that please!

TaylorHamNCheez

Which is exactly why they should raise the rates for NJ drivers dropping off in NY, since we cannot pick up in NY and have to deadhead back to NJ and figure out either a cost effective way to get back or pay the fortune on the VZ bridge. I have only gone out that way twice so not a biggie for me yet, but one day there will be an issue I can see.
Agreed NYC and airport drop off rates NEED to be raised.