• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Did I do that? (Why was I in Online mode)

JFrancis

I am new (wonder how long I can say that ). A couple or more times I have found my self Online, when I had (at least in my mind) touched to go off line, either after a ride, or during a ride to indicate to not que another for me.

Then shortly after I find I was online and missed accepting a ride.

This could be mental lapse on my part. But is there another possible explanation? Is there a circumstance where it spontaneously goes Online?

Thanks

luvgurl22

I am new (wonder how long I can say that ). A couple or more times I have found my self Online, when I had (at least in my mind) touched to go off line, either after a ride, or during a ride to indicate to not que another for me.

This could be mental lapse on my part. But is there another possible explanation? Is there a circumstance where it spontaneously goes Online?

Thanks
The system does sometimes keep you online even after you've requested to not accept anymore rides.Its the slave and slavemaster mentality that Uber and Lyft are built on.They don't care if you need a break

JFrancis

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The system does sometimes keep you online even after you've requested to not accept anymore rides.Its the slave and slavemaster mentality that Uber and Lyft are built on.They don't care if you need a break
Thanks for the help.

oldmanuber

Thanks
Not just you. Happens to me all the time with Uber and just recently with Lyft. I got a Lyft ping on Sunday and I knew damn well that I had signed off.

JFrancis

Now I go to tap to go offline asap even if I have indicated "last ride" to the system.

Arb Watson

Huh....this isn't the middle ages. Just shut off the phone.

Joe70

Happened to me once. I went offline and it just kept loading for about 20 seconds and gave me another ride, which was just a few minutes away. I guess there wasn't another driver in the area and it forced the ride on me. It ended up being a great ride, from Beverly Ma to Salisbury Ma, which ended up being $58.00.

Last edited:

MrMikeNC

Is this a new thing? If so my acceptance rating is about to take a dip then. If I sign off and they send me more rides anyway they're getting ignored. Either we're employees or we're not, and if we are we need a regular hourly pay.

artemis

Never had this happen to me, if I press the option to not receive additional requests, the system automatically asks me to stay online or go offline once the current trip ends.

JFrancis

Is this a new thing? If so my acceptance rating is about to take a dip then. If I sign off and they send me more rides anyway they're getting ignored. Either we're employees or we're not, and if we are we need a regular hourly pay.
No, my thought was not of having requests sent to you when your phone is showing Offline, but rather having told the system that the current ride is your last one, and it seems to remain Online and sends a ride request after that anyway. I am trying to pay closer attention to what is happening in case my perception of that has been failure in some way on my part.

Last edited:

Jufkii

Thanks
I missed a ride request after I was sure I was offline. It was followed by the usual scolding message that I missed it .
It put my acceptance rate into territory apparently Lyft doesn't like. They wouldn't let up on it either. I messaged Support about reversing a cancellation earlier that was not my fault due to technical issues on their end. They reversed it with a one sentence message. But added to that message with a with a scolding 2 paragraph lecture about acceptance rates again,even though that had nothing to do with my issue about the cancellation. Idiots. Still not going to accept their 16 minute ETA garbage pings ever.

MrMikeNC

No, my thought was not of having requests sent to you when your phone is showing Offline, but rather having told the system that the current ride is your last one, and it seems to remain Online and sends a ride request after that anyway. I am trying to pay closer attention to what is happening in case my perception of that has been failure in some way on my part.
Hmm...when you get a ping, and you hit online to make that your last ride, a confirmation "you sure you want this to be your last ride" pops up. I suppose its possible somehow you're bypassing that confirmation. But if you're not, and it still gives you pings, that's a problem. Lyft's apps aren't exactly as stable as Uber's so when you said that I figured the app was possibly screwing up and still sending you pings.

It may be a pain, but you may have to start taking screen shots every time you confirm "Yes" to cover yourself till you know for sure. If you get a ping after that, screen shot that too and send both pics to customer support.

Last edited:

PHX777

Interesting. Because I just signed up for lyft, have yet to do a ride. I'm at home and I get a ping, I swear I was offline but somehow got switched to online.