• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Did everyone agree to take Service animal form the UBER notice today?

SuzeCB

Just to be clear, there are only two types of animals that qualify at all as service animals. Dogs, and miniature horses. You will probably have to take the dogs, and you can probably turn down the miniature horses as you most likely do not have the accommodation for them in the vehicle, and they would actually pose a hazard.

UberJoe427

I do it all the time ,all the dogs so far have been very well behaved .It helps to have weather tech floor pans so not really much hair left behind.

Uber00

Pull up. Doors locked. Window down if u see a dog and are allergic or don't want to dirty nice car. Just drive away and cancel. Don't even say you're Uber.

Mikey_D

I would put someone's dog in my car over my dead body. This is rides hare ... not a taxi service. I wouldn't allow my friends to get into my nice clean car with a dog. I'm certainly not going to allow some stranger to do it.

That's what taxi cabs are for.

atthehop

I would put someone's dog in my car over my dead body. This is rides hare ... not a taxi service. I wouldn't allow my friends to get into my nice clean car with a dog. I'm certainly not going to allow some stranger to do it.

That's what taxi cabs are for.
I hope one of your family members gets treated like you feel. Payback is a @@@@@.

Coffeekeepsmedriving

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pull up. Doors locked. Window down if u see a dog and are allergic or don't want to dirty nice car. Just drive away and cancel. Don't even say you're Uber.
Its true, they cant see you...

I hope one of your family members gets treated like you feel. Payback is a *****.
Listen Uber is a person's own car..taxi are owned by a company, big difference pal

TheNJBen

Just remember as an independent contractor you are your own business and unless you incorporated yourself the penalties of failure to pick up a service dog fall on you. If you did charged and it goes to court it's you saying "I wanted to keep my car clean" vs a handicapped person and if you claim a positive defense like you are allergic the burden of proof falls on you

Southdiver

If you asked Travis if you could put your dog in the back of his limo and give you a ride ... he would laugh in your face.

Keep being a sucker for Uber dude. Good luck.
Travis is not an independent contractor and is not obligated to give anyone a ride. Now, if he was Uber'ing in his limo and refused to give a service animal a ride, he would also be open to a lawsuit not only from the pax, but probably the government as well.

Mikey_D

Travis is not an independent contractor and is not obligated to give anyone a ride. Now, if he was Uber'ing in his limo and refused to give a service animal a ride, he would also be open to a lawsuit not only from the pax, but probably the government as well.
Guys like you are why Uber will never run out of drivers . Even if they lower it to 50 cents a mile. :smiles:

Southdiver

Guys like you are why Uber will never run out of drivers . Even if they lower it to 50 cents a mile. :smiles:
Guys like me simply know what its like to have a service dog.
Guys like me are not going to turn away an individual who needs a service dog.
Guys like me are happy to be better then guys like you.

Mikey_D

Guys like me simply know what its like to have a service dog.
Guys like me are not going to turn away an individual who needs a service dog.
Guys like me are happy to be better then guys like you.
Dude I spent 2 years doing Peace Corps work in the Philippines. I've seen and worked with people living in poverty that you couldn't begin to imagine.

My wife and I still send care packages several times a year to poor communities in the Philippines.

Don't assume that you're "Better than me"
because your willing to drive animals in your nice car and I'm not.

I don't judge people who i don't know. And neither should you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Southdiver

Dude I spent 2 years doing Peace Corps work in the Philippines. I've seen and worked with people living in poverty that you couldn't begin to imagine.

My wife and I send care packages several times a year to poor communities in the Philippines.

Don't assume that you're "Better than me"
because your willing to drive animals in your nice car and I'm not.
Is that what we are doing now? Are we going to compare who did what?
Fine.
I spent seven years in the United States Army in some of the most horrible places on Earth.
I have seen the results of starvation in West Africa.
I have seen children without legs in Europe.
I have helped rebuild villages in Iraq.

Once I was out, I went to Haiti after the Earthquake to assist in rebuilding efforts.
And I have compassion for those who need service animals and I would never abandon them.
So yes, I am better than you.

Mikey_D

Is that what we are doing now? Are we going to compare who did what?
Fine.
I spent seven years in the United States Army in some of the most horrible places on Earth.
I have seen the results of starvation in West Africa.
I have seen children without legs in Europe.
I have helped rebuild villages in Iraq.

Once I was out, I went to Haiti after the Earthquake to assist in rebuilding efforts.
And I have compassion for those who need service animals and I would never abandon them.
So yes, I am better than you.
My point is that you shouldn't judge people you don't know.

I don't consider myself better than anybody. And that includes you.

It sounds like you won the Iraq war all by yourself. Frankly I'm skeptical ? You've done all that ? You're a modern day Audie Murphy ? I think the closest thing you've come to fighting in a war is on your X-box.

YOU'RE NOT BETTER THAN ANYBODY ... YOU'RE JUST ANOTHER UBER DRIVER.

Last edited by a moderator:

MaximusMurkimus

Mike, you're coming off awfully strong for something that apparently doesn't affect you. Driving for Uber doesn't automatically make you some nobody or a moron. If you don't feel obligated to take pets, that's fine. But South responded in kind to your sudden escalation after he simply stated the obvious, so I'm not quite sure why you're so tight.

You're at an 11 right now in a 4 thread. Dial it down.

Blunt power