Did anyone make good money 4th July

uber6

Saw it finally surged for a little.

I was getting pings 20 mins away so I turned off the app.

AllenChicago

I only took 4 uber rides made like $60 got a 3.2x surge
Did make $120 on postmates
And $95 on doordash

I do all 3 when I get sick of the uber customers and need some alone time lol

So $275 all day about
You earned $30 @ hour Danc9228. Excellent!

ChiGal

I made money but I didn't uber. Midway was in Prime Time for Lyft. 5 minute wait time.

First trip from midway to downtown was Prime Time. Two regular rides and then got a ride on Dewitt (by lakeshore) on 75% Prime Time back to midway... There was an accident at Cicero and the passenger couldn't miss her flight so we went extra miles out the way not to sit in traffic. Sat at midway for 6 mins after dropping her off. It was still Prime Time they did a Lyft Line with no other pick ups to the south loop which was prime time and picked up another pax on 50% prime time. I took them to oak park turned my app on and did prime time for the rest of the night.

U for Uber

Saw it finally surged for a little.

I was getting pings 20 mins away so I turned off the app.
I made $215 in 6-7hours, after gas. With tips, $217. I was in the city mostly. Near Michigan avenue, wicker, Wrigley.

I too was getting pings 10-15min+ away, I ignored all of them! Next ping was 4min away and 2.3x surge. Acceptance rate was a 45% but look at the cash in little time I was able to get

HOOSIERGAL

I made one pickup for LYFT from downtown to Hyde Park. The traffic was so awful near the lakefront, I just turned off the app and went home. Quit gUBER last week and that was my only trip for LYFT this week. Not sure when I'll drive again

U for Uber

I made one pickup for LYFT from downtown to Hyde Park. The traffic was so awful near the lakefront, I just turned off the app and went home. Quit gUBER last week and that was my only trip for LYFT this week. Not sure when I'll drive again
Don't give up so easily. I just started gUber this week as part-time and I don't really have any complaints (probably just pool). It's a lot of driving smart vs hard. You might have to bite the bullet and ignore that 8 or 10min away ping and wait for a shorter and/or surged ping.

And what's wrong with that trip? If it was a short ping away, even sitting in traffic, you made some $. Youre getting paid to drive your car and listen to your favorite music. Better than sitting at home.

Sure

Don't give up so easily. I just started gUber this week as part-time and I don't really have any complaints (probably just pool). It's a lot of driving smart vs hard. You might have to bite the bullet and ignore that 8 or 10min away ping and wait for a shorter and/or surged ping.

And what's wrong with that trip? If it was a short ping away, even sitting in traffic, you made some $. Youre getting paid to drive your car and listen to your favorite music. Better than sitting at home.

I can drink and watch TV at home and not be stuck in traffic with some a$$hole pax. :-/

HOOSIERGAL

I'd much rather be home than sitting in traffic all night. Ended up sitting on the porch and watching the fireworks with friends....instead of pax. I don't need the money THAT badly

gooberMike

I've noticed that...and If I am even remotely correct...I might have been....flirted with? a time or two? I have no radar for that stuff tho.

Sarlacc

I made $770 for driving Friday, Saturday, and Sunday plus about $30 in tips. Got 41 trips so I got the $300 bonus. Since I'm XL, got a lot of those trips for taking 5 - 6 passengers to the bars.

Danc9228

I made $770 for driving Friday, Saturday, and Sunday plus about $30 in tips. Got 41 trips so I got the $300 bonus. Since I'm XL, got a lot of those trips for taking 5 - 6 passengers to the bars.
I can berally stand one of those idiots in my car at a time. You must be a saint to have 6 of them in your car

uberron73

I only took 4 uber rides made like $60 got a 3.2x surge
Did make $120 on postmates
And $95 on doordash

I do all 3 when I get sick of the uber customers and need some alone time lol

So $275 all day about
Nice job. I can't make that in a week. I need to look into postmate and doordash ive heard of them but I don't know what they involve