Did anyone get 45+ flower shop action yesterday?

MrMahogany

Got pinged at about 4 pm to a flower shop in DTLA. Was a 45+. I get there and the guy asks me if I’m cool with delivering some flowers to Mira Loma. I said sure as long as he put some towels or paper for any water that might spill, so he laid out some paper even though the flowers didn’t have much water in them.

He told me he had a big, last minute order and that he would be working on the arrangements all day and Ubering them 5 at a time. He told me that when I dropped them off to come back if I wanted to for more runs because it was a big order. And he would tip me. Tipped me $25 for the first run. I got his personal phone # so I could contact him later on.

Anyhow, I ended up doing 3 runs for him total and he tipped me $120 total for coming back and helping him. Plus he bought me some food because I stopped to buy him and his staff food on one of the runs back. He said he sent out a total of 12 Ubers (60 arrangements)

Anyone else on here get one of those runs?
Post automatically merged:

2022E1AD-C5A2-40EE-8059-24116DA55034.jpeg
F81ADB03-7E8D-45E6-81D3-B4F77C20EAC8.jpeg
6EA5BEF2-21E2-4501-AACC-600DA9F90694.jpeg

Last edited:

MrMahogany

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice...I'd do this all day long everyday...no stinky pax who've never heard of deodorant.
Exactly why I did it, no pax and the car stayed clean. I was able to hit my vape and listen to the dodger game in peace (even though they lost)

LADriver

Got pinged at about 4 pm to a flower shop in DTLA. Was a 45+. I get there and the guy asks me if I’m cool with delivering some flowers to Mira Loma. I said sure as long as he put some towels or paper for any water that might spill, so he laid out some paper even though the flowers didn’t have much water in them.

He told me he had a big, last minute order and that he would be working on the arrangements all day and Ubering them 5 at a time. He told me that when I dropped them off to come back if I wanted to for more runs because it was a big order. And he would tip me. Tipped me $25 for the first run. I got his personal phone # so I could contact him later on.

Anyhow, I ended up doing 3 runs for him total and he tipped me $120 total for coming back and helping him. Plus he bought me some food because I stopped to buy him and his staff food on one of the runs back. He said he sent out a total of 12 Ubers (60 arrangements)

View attachment 314580 View attachment 314581 View attachment 314582
Like it! Flower delivery is in your blood!

Did your car look like this?
EcuRose1IMG_0406.jpg

MrMahogany

Good for you @MrMahogany, I hope you get some repeat business also, Cut Uber out next time and keep all the money :o-o:

Next time, yes. This time I didn’t ask because of insurance purposes. But I did get his # and told him to call me if he ever had an order like that again.

Next time I’ll be doing a favor for a friend, so I’ll be covered by my personal insurance. ?

Carbuncle

Dude, you’re gonna hate me but even with the tip you grossed under $1 per mile.

You drove nearly 280 miles and grossed under $243. Your gas alone was upwards of $30. You also spent most of your day on these runs. I’m guessing 6~ hours. You have 3~ just getting to the location.

And how was the florist unable to get a refrigerated delivery truck? It would have cost him significantly less.

You should look into getting a refrigerated box truck and the proper license if this is the way you’d like to roll. You’d make a lot more money.

MrMahogany

You drove nearly 280 miles and grossed under $243. Your gas alone was upwards of $30. You also spent most of your day on these runs. I’m guessing 6~ hours. You have 3~ just getting to the location.

And how was the florist unable to get a refrigerated delivery truck? It would have cost him significantly less.

You should look into getting a refrigerated box truck and the proper license if this is the way you’d like to roll. You’d make a lot more money.

Lol, I knew someone would break it down this way.

I get what you’re saying and I wouldn’t have done it on a busier weekend. But it was Wednesday on an otherwise very slow week. I thought about it a lot and decided to go for it.

The guy did have his flower shop van, but he needed his driver helping him with the arrangements because it was a big, last minute order. He got paid nicely for it, apparently.

Shakey Jake

Since I no longer do X, I am still shocked at how low those fares are. And with these gas prices!

I would not worry about insurance since all you are moving is flowers. If you get into an accident it will just go on your personal insurance.

Darth Vuber

Give it a break man @Carbuncle. We all know by now you are the Greatest in the World, you know everything and are smarter and better than anyone on this forum. Just one ? since you joined this Forum March 28th less than a month ago and have 942 messages, or 32 messages a day or 1.8 messages an hour. WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE IF YOUR SO GREAT ? You already said your not driving anymore, so go back to whatever you were doing before you joined this forum Please, your a TOXIC individual. Why do you have so much time on your hands if your the Greatest and can pass the Bar examine. Take your CV and go get a job, and leave us Dumb Uber drivers alone.

Carbuncle

Lol, I knew someone would break it down this way.

I get what you’re saying and I wouldn’t have done it on a busier weekend. But it was Wednesday on an otherwise very slow week. I thought about it a lot and decided to go for it.

The guy did have his flower shop van, but he needed his driver helping him with the arrangements because it was a big, last minute order. He got paid nicely for it, apparently.
Did you get his business card? I think this is someone you should establish a working relationship with.

The only value in this job is using it to learn the Greater LA and So Cal market and networking.

I had originally only planned to do this job a max of two years but the massive rate cuts cost me my summer job and severely delayed the launch of another business while also killing a small one I’d been growing for five years. The fact the dealer who leased me the car also defrauded me didn’t help.

Get out ASAP and get networking while you can. Keep notes on everything you’re learning.

The best thing about this job is that it gives you the opportunity to surgically examine nearly all of So Cal. There are opportunities available with this kind of knowledge. Not even location scouts know LA Metro as well as veteran Uber/Lyft drivers.

Give it a break man @Carbuncle. We all know by now you are the Greatest in the World, you know everything and are smarter and better than anyone on this forum. Just one ? since you joined this Forum March 28th less than a month ago and have 942 messages, or 32 messages a day or 1.8 messages an hour. WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE IF YOUR SO GREAT ? You already said your not driving anymore, so go back to whatever you were doing before you joined this forum Please, your a TOXIC individual. Why do you have so much time on your hands if your the Greatest and can pass the Bar examine. Take your CV and go get a job, and leave us Dumb Uber drivers alone.
I’m here to help you guys help yourselves. If you haven’t been able to figure this out by now you’re your own worst enemy.

The only benefit to being an U/L driver is the ability to learn, in great detail, about one of the most challenging urban spaces on Earth. There’s a tremendous market and business advantage to possessing this knowledge. Veteran drivers who pay attention know Greater LA than most location scouts.

Get out of your way and you could leverage what you’ve learned from all of this to be quite successful.

Carbuncle

Since I no longer do X, I am still shocked at how low those fares are. And with these gas prices!

I would not worry about insurance since all you are moving is flowers. If you get into an accident it will just go on your personal insurance.
That’s not true. If you transport goods for pay personal insurance will cover nothing. And you’re not supposed to have personal insurance for this job anyway. Gotta have TNC insurance. Check with the CPUC on that.

I would check with Uber to confirm if their James River crap covers packages unaccompanied by the rider.

Insurance companies are notorious mofos and ultra sticklers about every little detail, especially scandalous ?bags like James River. If it’s not mentioned in the policy it isn’t covered.

Lord Summerisle

I'm glad he tipped you but my God this pay is so low, particularly the first one which could be the poster child for modern day slave labor. Surely X drivers have no choice now but to negotiate off-app rides.

U phoria

Next time, yes. This time I didn’t ask because of insurance purposes. But I did get his # and told him to call me if he ever had an order like that again.

Next time I’ll be doing a favor for a friend, so I’ll be covered by my personal insurance. ?
Your not insured for cartage anyways, next time do CC

MrMahogany

I'm glad he tipped you but my God this pay is so low, particularly the first one which could be the poster child for modern day slave labor. Surely X drivers have no choice now but to negotiate off-app rides.

Yeah, if it wasn’t for the tip I wouldn’t have done it. I Had the DF set for LAX too and nothing came through.

Toocutetofail

It's prolly an AI bot.

uberist

Hmmmm fluber