• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Did anyone else know there was a way to delete bad ratings?

Champ

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
T.Uber.com/atlrr

The teacher said they will delete all bad ratings and maybe 4s but if they gave you a 5 it stays.

LEAFdriver

Do they let the PAX know if you request a ratings review? I could probably get quite a few ratings reversed on just the 'bad language' reason alone! It kind of irks me that we give so many USN personnel rides in my area.....they greet you with "How you doin' Ma'am?" Then 5 minutes into the ride they are letting F bombs fly....amongst each other. Guess the manners/etiquette lesson in boot camp doesn't go much beyond teaching them who to address as Ma'am or Sir. :oopsies:

Champ

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do they let the PAX know if you request a ratings review? I could probably get quite a few ratings reversed on just the 'bad language' reason alone! It kind of irks me that we give so many USN personnel rides in my area.....they greet you with "How you doin' Ma'am?" Then 5 minutes into the ride they are letting F bombs fly....amongst each other. Guess the manners/etiquette lesson in boot camp doesn't go much beyond teaching them who to address as Ma'am or Sir. :oopsies:
I don't think so. He didn't mention it in class.

UberXTampa

I got my worst riders ever this week. I submitted rating review forms for each.
A surge rider who clearly expressed how unhappy he was with the surge...
A family of 4 with 2 kids one of which leaked a few drops of very visible pee in my back seat and their greasy food leaking into my car, even after they left I couldn't get the smell out without the 20 minutes cleaning work...
A party of 3 university students that had one of them banned from uber...
Two drunks that started an argument on how much money as uber driver I was making... They did not want to know facts...

I hit a complete shitstorm and got my lowest ever ratings this week from all these people...

When I get them very rarely I don't really care that much. But if they are clustered into 1 week and i get bummed!

LEAFdriver

OK...say you suspect a pax gave you less than 5 stars. We usually know who those pax are...but we can't know for sure, unless they tell us. If we submit this rating review....what is the probability that they will nullify that pax's rating and replace it with 5 stars? Do they notify you telling you what the pax rated you and what they raised your rate to?

UberXTampa

OK...say you suspect a pax gave you less than 5 stars. We usually know who those pax are...but we can't know for sure, unless they tell us. If we submit this rating review....what is the probability that they will nullify that pax's rating and replace it with 5 stars? Do they notify you telling you what the pax rated you and what they raised your rate to?
They don't tell anything other than the cut/paste responses.
It is very frustrating to know who rated you low and why and how unjust it is but with very little chance of fighting it.

Last edited:

Horsebm

Four weeks ago I received a 1 star rating from some overseas tourists, vacationing in San Diego. It's not my problem we had a language barrier, after all they are visiting our country. I tried my best. I could also tell they were talking about me by the tone in their voice and the occasional look I was given. In any event I went to the local Uber office and talked to one of the reps., explained the situation in detail and showed him an e-mail I had sent to Uber just after the incident occurred. He told me he was willing to remove the 1 star from my ratings which raised my overall rating. He turned is computer screen towards me to show me the changes. I'm glad I pleaded my case. When I screw up, It's on me, I own it. When someone else screws up, they need to own it.

Horsebm

You can always tell which passenger gave you a less than 5 star rating, as soon as they rate you. Sign-in on your Uber app. go to summary & trips, you can look at your day's 1, 7, 30 or 365 it give's changing totals for, Rating, Trip's and Fare's. If your rating's total drops, than it was that passenger who rated you less than 5 stars. Check it after each passenger, I do. I lady gave me a less than 5 star rating this morning, I saw my rating drop after I dropped her, I actually called her and left a message. She texted me moments later and I'll quote her text that she sent me. "No harm meant. I don't ever give 5" End of quote. It just goes to show you the level of ignorance there is out there. Scary but not surprising.

Last edited: