• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Diamond Quest

Rockydrive

GUYS! LOOK! This guy can make money from his regular job! Amazing!

If there's any secret millionaire CEOs here driving for Uber, share us how much you make in a week. Don't be shy. We love to hear your regular job's earning stories!!!
I drove a film maker the other day to the airport. His name popped up as David. He said he drives Uber once a month or so in the states cos he gets a lot of stories and information that he could use in his line of work plus its ‘fun’ and he gets to meet a lot of people.
He said he worked as a second unit director with union registration blah blah and was crying out loud saying he only make 43$ per hour and for such a stressful job its too less(seriously?).
I checked the thing out and these guys actually make pretty decent dough closer to what he told me. So there are guys who make serious money driving Uber just for the fun of it.....whether you drive Uber for fun or for family, we are all slaves of the gig economy,Period.

Andy3131

Lol may be in 8-10 yrs!
Post automatically merged:

What's the net? 🤣
$1,650 or so a week.

In all honesty, no one should make 60 hours a week in order to make a decent wage. This country has lots of good paying jobs. If you are manual, get into trades, if you are not, go to University. 4 years of hard work will make your life way easier.

For me, Uber is helping to pay a few extra bills and kids sports and I maybe put 10-15 hours into it every week. This is what Uber was meant for.

imsam

$1,650 or so a week.

In all honesty, no one should make 60 hours a week in order to make a decent wage. This country has lots of good paying jobs. If you are manual, get into trades, if you are not, go to University. 4 years of hard work will make your life way easier.

For me, Uber is helping to pay a few extra bills and kids sports and I maybe put 10-15 hours into it every week. This is what Uber was meant for.
Here's a bright idea if you really believe what you say:

How about stop being a contribution to the cause that forces some drivers to do 60+ hours to make a decent living? Uber is getting saturated because there are not only people who plan to do Uber full time but also a bunch of folks who have decent day time jobs and decides to take bites from the folks who only rely on Uber income. Now, I am just laying the ugly truth here. I don't want to judge and I don't have a right to either. It's a free market. But facts are facts.

Maybe if the many folks that have decent day jobs don't contribute to the saturation, then maybe we'll see Uber drivers doing a little better. Unless you don't believe what you say, then why bother giving advice?

If I had a decent paying job, I wouldn't do Uber at all. I'd leave it to the folks that need it.

Sometimes I think when people that goes like "Go study and 4 years of hard life is going to make your life better", like do you think you're the first person who says that? There are very complex circumstances that shaped these peoples' lives to be the way they are right now.

Nobody is going to choose the worse life if they could afford the better one.

I do understand if you really want something, you can drop everything else and do that one. That's an option. Also some of the drivers you see are just "temporary" and they are in this just for a short term. So not everyone you see is doing Uber full time because they don't know anything else to do.

dmoney155

How about stop being a contribution to the cause that forces some drivers to do 60+ hours to make a decent living? Uber is getting saturated because there are not only people who plan to do Uber full time but also a bunch of folks who have decent day time jobs and decides to take bites from the folks who only rely on Uber income. Now, I am just laying the ugly truth here. I don't want to judge and I don't have a right to either. It's a free market. But facts are facts.

Maybe if the many folks that have decent day jobs don't contribute to the saturation, then maybe we'll see Uber drivers doing a little better. Unless you don't believe what you say, then why bother giving advice?

If I had a decent paying job, I wouldn't do Uber at all. I'd leave it to the folks that need it.

Sometimes I think when people that goes like "Go study and 4 years of hard life is going to make your life better", like do you think you're the first person who says that? There are very complex circumstances that shaped these peoples' lives to be the way they are right now.

I do understand if you really want something, you can drop everything else and do that one. That's an option. Also some of the drivers you see are just "temporary" and they are in this just for a short term. So not everyone you see is doing Uber full time because they don't know anything else to do.
$1,650 or so a week.

Not to mention that 4 yrs at university costs a fortune... and besides tuition, you will also need 4 years worth of living expense money.... So... once I win lotter, or someone gives me the money, I will gladly stop driving and focus on studies.

uber_from_the north

How about stop being a contribution to the cause that forces some drivers to do 60+ hours to make a decent living? Uber is getting saturated because there are not only people who plan to do Uber full time but also a bunch of folks who have decent day time jobs and decides to take bites from the folks who only rely on Uber income.
Here's a brighter idea:

The last time I check Canada is a free a country and people can drive for uber if they want to. I get it adds up to the saturation but don't you think part time drivers with decent day job needs extra cash too like gas money etc. We don't drive just to play around. We woke up early to do this gig even if it's hard. It's very expensive to live in Toronto and 1 job I believe is not enough to sustain bills/mortgages.

It's a competition out there, people need to grind which ever job you landed on.

Having a decent day job doesn't mean we don't need it. The only contribution we can give to the full time folks are lesser driving hours. I only drive 3-4/hrs a day. I guess 8 hrs is enough for people who needs uber money more.

That's why there is OSAP, and they have grants too to keep you going. The key is to save on that grant. I know OSAP interest is bad but in the long run having an education will make your life better. You'll be done paying back without even noticing it. And btw they have repayment assistance program as well just so you know.

So not everyone you see is doing Uber full time because they don't know anything else to do.
That's the spirit! There are people who brags about their income and stuff like that. But if you do uber please don't brag because why do you still drive for peanuts if you are making decent money. I myself admit that my day job pay is good.

I think this is one reason why I don't get tipped that much. Riders tend to ask my day job. I could make up a story and lie but that's not my cup of tea.

People never get enough of what they have I guess.

My 2 cents :ninja:

Konkort

I made that money in 35 hours this week seating behind my office desk. 0 KMs!
Listen, I made last week 2K in 5-10 min..including 3 min sitting on a toilet.
But, I think, it is not a right place to compare our other income sources with Uber.
Everybody knows opportunities which come from the education and the employment. What is the reason to talk about this again and again?
Somebody considers Uber as the supplemental income, other one is relying on ridesharing as main (or only) income source..
Is "$1650 for 35 hours behind office desk" the trolling of drivers who belong to last category? Or just a way to get a mental satisfaction?

imsam

People never get enough of what they have I guess.
You seem to completely missed the point of my reply to Andy.

You wrote all that and then you said this. Are you apart of the "People" group or you're outside of that group that never seem to get enough? Which one?

Is "$1650 for 35 hours behind office desk" the trolling of drivers who belong to last category? Or just a way to get a mental satisfaction?
Obviously, it's the latter.

uber_from_the north

You seem to completely missed the point of my reply to Andy.
I get it, I drive for extra money if that's a straight answer for you. And bragging how much you made compared to uber driving is not cool.

Driver grind hard for that just to be insulted.

But as what I said, I am part of the "with a day job driver" whom you said not to share uber money .

Oh btw I'm quite bored here in the office, pardon my long reply.

mikees3

I am not talented like you and can't get other good pay jobs I am happy doing uber full time
Care to help us fellow 🐜 with where u drive

I get it, I drive for extra money if that's a straight answer for you. And bragging how much you made compared to uber driving is not cool.

Driver grind hard for that just to be insulted.

But as what I said, I am part of the "with a day job driver" whom you said not to share uber money .

Oh btw I'm quite bored here in the office, pardon my long reply.
Uber is nice because I can take smoke breaks whenever I want and I get to talk to hot chicks unlike my office where’s it’s all old expired women 💀

imsam

Don't you wish marriage contract expires as well?

View attachment 354888
I don't know. I'm not married yet.

But let's say even if I'm married with my wife for 5 years and if I'm more than 45 by that time. I don't want to be busy looking for a new partner by that time. I mean it's not a simple hooking up with someone. You need to spend time, money and a lot of energy to find a good partner to last another however long these contracts would be.

I think I want to put my time, energy and money into something else by that age.

I've had a long relationship of 5+ years which ended. Also currently in another relatively long relationship 2+ years. So my opinion is based on that. :p

uber_from_the north

I don't know. I'm not married yet.

But let's say even if I'm married with my wife for 5 years and if I'm more than 45 by that time. I don't want to be busy looking for a new partner by that time. I mean it's not a simple hooking up with someone. You need to spend time, money and a lot of energy to find a good partner to last another however long these contracts would be.

I think I want to put my time, energy and money into something else by that age.

I've had a long relationship of 5+ years which ended. Also currently in another relatively long relationship 2+ years. So my opinion is based on that. :p
That's a good thinking but not all the time are happy times you know that.

Expiry thing is a metaphor to marriage gone bad.

We just need to learn how to deal with it.