• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

DFW UberStrike City Representatives

How do you feel about the planned strike? (not asking if you will participate)

• I support it

Votes: 57 87.7%
  • I do not support it

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I am not sure how i feel

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters

KeJorn

Good idea, like a representative concule...each strike leader can call in and discuss strategy. Here is a site we can use the name is fitting https://www.uberconference.com
DFW drivers, we need some suggestions / volunteers for who will act as DFW spokesperson(s) / group leader(s) for the planned October 16-18 strike.
Can be more than one, especially since we cover so much territory.
(Dallas, Ft. Worth, Arlington, North Dallas, South Dallas, etc)

Try to keep the egos out of it... those 'leading' are servants.
This is about sharing information, not hording or excluding others.

Lag Monkey or chi1cabby will be our contacts for coordinating conference calls.

Also, what DFW/Texas Uber/Lyft specific FB pages or other forums are you guys connected with or suggest we should intermingle with?

Are there existing drivers (perhaps in other forums, etc) that you think should be a spokesperson for our area?

Last edited:

nighthawk398

Since your location is Mars or your hiding your location for some unknown reson not sure I can take this seriously

KeJorn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Since your location is Mars or your hiding your location for some unknown reson not sure I can take this seriously
LOL... I did that awhile back - didn't see any reason to link much to myself in person, especially with the likes of Glados around... I live in North Dallas.

KeJorn

LaustinAustin

I am in Austin and will be supporting the General Nationwide Strike. I am too stupid to be a representative. I would make Travis look smart, compared to me.

aaadock

Where you guys at?

aaadock.....
i am not against a strike.

i am against this unorganized gaggle @@@@ they call a strike thats planned .

i am against a strike that calls for getting rides and 1 staring drivers
i am against a strike that the leaders ( abe hussien @ uber freedom ) openly call for damaging cars or drivers that drive during that time period.

if any of yous are interested in knowing who i am .. look at the news on strike day ..

i will be the one that brings violence to anyone that so much as spits in my general direction.

you will not damage my self nor my car on that day

it will end badly for you .

am i against a strike --- no .
am i against this poorly organized . poorly lead strike ? damn skippy

someones day will end badly that day if they follow abe hussiens suggestions.

you asked .. there ya go.

aaadock

this " strike ' needs ordination
if the goal is to simply log off.

i am for it..

one swinging dick says lets @@@@ with the drivers.. i will drive for that very reason and pray to god i get "lucky" enough to be @@@@ed with .

being that the national leader is calling for this very type of action.

i find it nessacery to distance myself from any "abe" sanctioned activities

guy isnt even a driver any more.

he has an agenda.. and that is to win his wrongful termination case with the NLRB against uber

i have never in my life come across a dumber mother @@@@er than that guy

ever

this isnt the leader i wanna follow.

Last edited:

KeJorn

this " strike ' needs ordination
if the goal is to simply log off.
i am for it..
one swinging dick says lets @@@@ with the drivers.. i will drive for that very reason and pray to god i get "lucky" enough to be @@@@ed with .
being that the national leader is calling for this very type of action.
i find it nessacery to distance myself from any "abe" sanctioned activities
guy isnt even a driver any more.
he has an agenda.. and that is to win his wrongful termination case with the NLRB against uber
i have never in my life come across a dumber mother @@@@er that that guy
ever
this isnt the leader i wanna follow.
Yeah that is essentially the same stance I have been posting over here:
https://uberpeople.net/threads/uberstrike-media-coverage-poll-to-gauge-driver-sentiment.37959/page-6

There are a lot of people who seem to think that pitting drivers against drivers is a good thing for this strike.
They don't get it.
All they will do is incite anger and create greater division.

However, no one is calling for violence or damaging vehicles.
I did see a screenshot of one guy that suggested something like that, but it wasn't Abe.
However I am with you on not seeing Abe as a leader.
No @@@@ing way.

But this strike does have legs, thanks in part to all the others who have helped make that happen.
Abe may deserve some credit, but he certainly did not do all of it or most of it.

I am for the strike in general.
I am not for placing Abe on a pedestal to negotiate terms with Uber. At least not alone.

It is and should still remain about the drivers.
However, I personally think it is too rushed to get to the point we are actually going to make a significant impact to force Uber's hand.
There should be enough to hurt them in the wallet, but we will see.
I think it should simply be an opportunity for solidarity and sending a basic message that drivers are unhappy, and that if Uber does not comply with our requests, the next strike will be far greater reaching and more organized.
(provided the idiots do not pit drivers vs drivers) - if they do.. everything hits the fan and it turns into a giant public mess, that Abe can go clean up himself, since he started that line of thinking.

aaadock

Yeah that is essentially the same stance I have been posting over here:
https://uberpeople.net/threads/uberstrike-media-coverage-poll-to-gauge-driver-sentiment.37959/page-6

However, no one is calling for violence or damaging vehicles.
I did see a screenshot of one guy that suggested something like that, but it wasn't Abe......
it very well was abe i asw it with my own eyes when he posted and loudy yelled when he deleted it before i could screen shot it,.,

along with his #throwdogshitatdrivers post.

i can confirm it was that little fagot. 100%

KeJorn

it very well was abe i asw it with my own eyes when he posted and loudy yelled when he deleted it before i could screen shot it,.,
along with his #throwdogshitatdrivers post.
i can confirm it was that little fagot. 100%
Well that is good to know.
On his Uber Freedom FB page, I see he is still encouraging people to sign up and use burner phones.

He's a mess. I do not know what he is thinking, but he is going about things all wrong.

aaadock

"I am not for placing Abe on a pedestal to negotiate terms with Uber."

that SOB is a deactivated driver uber isnt negotiating shit with him.

this is not a battle i will fight while he is a "leader "

opportunistic prick.

have i mentioned i dont like the guy ? and that stems from BEFORE this strike. his bullshit is well known

aaadock

do we need a strike ? it can be argued effectively that .. YES its needed.

will i blindly follow the first @@@@@@@@@@ that comes along and tells me what i wanna hear ?

no

i am not a sheep

aaadock

it is happpening i know that .. the wheels are turning..

at least spread the word that @@@@ing with drivers will not be kindly received.
that should be be made very , very clear to all " participants " of this upcoming strike .

the better we all understand that .. the better everyone will be when this is over.