• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

DFW Tolls

Vanquisher

Guys, what's the strategy of getting refunds from DFW airport runs. I am consistently haggling with support to get 1$ refunded when i pay 3$ to NTTA and uber refund me 2$. specially when you get short rides it becomes painful to absorb this 1$

OPTIONCB

Should be only $2 - (from my experience.... just dont go FASTER than 8 minutes, or it's $4... I think it bumps to $3 after about an hour being on site

Vanquisher

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
this used to be better, However it is getting worse day by day.
for folks who don't know you pay 3$ or more if you wait more then 30 mins at the airport waiting for a ride.

Top Hilarious Support Answers to me

Thanks for reaching out.

Most tolls are automatically added to your trip fare according to the local electronic toll system's rate, and we're always happy to reimburse you if the correct toll amount did not apply to a trip.

In this case, we are not able to reimburse the toll because this toll isn't included in your city geofence. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

I also liked this one

Thanks for reaching out. Happy to look into it and provide assistance.

Just to set proper expectations, we do not reimburse for parking fees and would not recommend waiting in the lot long enough to incur a parking fee. If a driver does not get a request and their free parking time is about to expire, we would recommend leaving the airport to find a ride elsewhere.

Thank you for being so understanding .

libingbing

Anyone ever sat in the queue at DFW for over an hour and accepted a request to pick up someone at the Rental Car area on the service road only to find out no airport toll was reimbursed?

The scumbag online support is refusing to reimburse me 2.00

It's been 3 days of back n forth of emails. I even screen shotted my toll ticket

bbaby

0-8 minutes inside DFW is $4
8-30 minutes is $2

Set the stopwatch on your phone when the toll arm goes up. Only exit after the 8 minute mark

caesar17

8-30 minutes is $2

Set the stopwatch on your phone when the toll arm goes up. Only exit after the 8 minute mark

Or if using a paper ticket, hit cancel and put the ticket back in when the minute hits 8.

Sad to think that driving uber has me focused on saving $2.

libingbing

Or if using a paper ticket, hit cancel and put the ticket back in when the minute hits 8.

Sad to think that driving uber has me focused on saving $2.
8-30 minutes is $2

I'm aware of all this. My point is ...... I was inside the Terminal in queue wanting to pick up someone inside the Terminal and they send a request to pick up someone from the Rental Car area that is outside of the toll area to screw you over with not reimbursing the toll. I actually came back from Fort Worth after dropping someone off and headed to the Staging Area in the hopes of picking up someone from inside the Terminals.

Cowblazer

I'm aware of all this. My point is ...... I was inside the Terminal in queue wanting to pick up someone inside the Terminal and they send a request to pick up someone from the Rental Car area that is outside of the toll area to screw you over with not reimbursing the toll. I actually came back from Fort Worth after dropping someone off and headed to the Staging Area in the hopes of picking up someone from inside the Terminals.
You don't get paid tolls incurred for pickup....never have. The meter only starts when the trip does. Uber did not make the decision to either go waste time in a lot behind a toll booth or accept a trip outside that boundary. That was you. I'm sorry to sound terse but I speak from a place of making the same mistakes. Chalk it up as a lesson learned and another win for Uber and the Pax. "Hope" doesn't apply with Uber. They are in the business of crushing hopes.

Last edited:

Coachman

Anyone ever sat in the queue at DFW for over an hour and accepted a request to pick up someone at the Rental Car area on the service road only to find out no airport toll was reimbursed?
Yes. And, worse, rental car pickups are often employees going home 4 miles to Irving or Arlington. I don't accept these any more.