• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

DFW TOLL 2+ HR WAIT TIME

Candise

so I'm new here and noticed it takes on average about 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hrs to get a pickup at the airport for uber x.... Anything passed 2 hrs is automatic $9. I'm from Houston and truly hate dfw bc of the toll surrounding it. I had a few good times where i instantly received pickups after a drop but that's it. Any advice when i have to make a drop at dfw? I've been leaving without a pax before the 2 hr mark to avoid the $9 amount.

TexasSteeler

so I'm new here and noticed it takes on average about 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hrs to get a pickup at the airport for uber x.... Anything passed 2 hrs is automatic $9. I'm from Houston and truly hate dfw bc of the toll surrounding it. I had a few good times where i instantly received pickups after a drop but that's it. Any advice when i have to make a drop at dfw? I've been leaving without a pax before the 2 hr mark to avoid the $9 amount.
Never wait at airport. Ever.

rbkg40

I stop at DFW Lot A only to show my appreciation for Uber and Lyft in the porta-potties and to grab a smoke. Other than that I do not stick around.

dude i know right. So i was there in the plad nautica shirt walking circles around the parking lot while everyone was smoking and bored asf waiting for a a ping. gimme a freakin break i quit lyft on saturdays. switched to goober made like $77 for 4 hrs what a joke.

steveK2016

So youd wait 2 hours for $0 versus 2 hours and 5 minutes for $9?

Candise

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So youd wait 2 hours for $0 versus 2 hours and 5 minutes for $9?
the first time it happened I stayed bc I wasted 2 hrs … the second time I realized the $9 toll wasn't worth a $15-17 ride after the fact... why give them $9?? TBH why should we pay for toll at an airport to begin with smh

steveK2016

the first time it happened I stayed bc I wasted 2 hrs … the second time I realized the $9 toll wasn't worth a $15-17 ride after the fact... why give them $9?? TBH why should we pay for toll at an airport to begin with smh
Ahhh $9 in toll. I never stay at airport, not my style. Didnt think about the increased toll.

If you arent matched just move on, waiting at any airport queue is a waste of time not just DFW.

Candise

Ahhh $9 in toll. I never stay at airport, not my style. Didnt think about the increased toll.

If you arent matched just move on, waiting at any airport queue is a waste of time not just DFW.
Exactly!! Which why I'm leaving right after 8 mins $2 and I'm out lol

Davestave

dude i know right. So i was there in the plad nautica shirt walking circles around the parking lot while everyone was smoking and bored asf waiting for a a ping. gimme a freakin break i quit lyft on saturdays. switched to goober made like $77 for 4 hrs what a joke.
What kind of pants did you have on? Open toe, tennis, or boat shoes?
I’m guessing khaki cargo shorts, and boat Shoes.... hmmm do you wear a hat? I’d guess a beanie in the winter, but with summers heat that’s impractical. No hat, but you definitely style your hair every time right?

I don’t know why everyone hates on airports so much, it’s simple. Just keep hitting decline until you get a 60+ min trip. Boom life hack. Your welcome

I think you should bring this up with grapevines city council. Ask those mfers why they are taxing hard working, strong fingered Uber drivers an unfair amount with no reasonable alternative.

New plan. Let’s riot. Just block every entry lane to the airport till they change the rules

YourMorningRide

Or just ask uber or lyft for the difference if you been waiting that long just send them a missing toll and they will give you the difference.

#professoruber

Also if you do the math, if you exit prior to two hours, it will be a $3 and re-enter, that time resets and it will be cheaper than $9. Basically, for $9, you can be in the queue for 6 hours if you exit and re-enter.

Candise

Also if you do the math, if you exit prior to two hours, it will be a $3 and re-enter, that time resets and it will be cheaper than $9. Basically, for $9, you can be in the queue for 6 hours if you exit and re-enter.
Ever since one user mentioned to leave right after 8 mins I tried it and it worked every time. Another thing is that I changed what time I start. I get way more pickups and drop offs earlier in the morning. I had 4 to/from the airport in less than 2 hrs and was always reimbursed for the $2 amount each time. I'll never wait again

Last edited:

GTXgp

I pretty much only do airport pickups if I have a scheduled customer. Occasionally I'll go if I see the airport is surging (and I'm nearby) so I know there won't be a wait. But, Lyft really screws you at DFW. At least Uber makes the queue zone the majority of DFW property so you can sit outside the booth for a request. Lyft is so stupid for forcing you to wait in the A-staging lot.

Candise

I pretty much only do airport pickups if I have a scheduled customer. Occasionally I'll go if I see the airport is surging (and I'm nearby) so I know there won't be a wait. But, Lyft really screws you at DFW. At least Uber makes the queue zone the majority of DFW property so you can sit outside the booth for a request. Lyft is so stupid for forcing you to wait in the A-staging lot.
Yup I noticed that too not only they I make more on Uber than I do with Lyft anyways so it works out both ways

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anthony Morace Stories 2
D Complaints 7
Irvnig Dallas 17