• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

DFW drop off @ Departures or Arrivals level?

Dallas007

Most pax prefer to be dropped off upstairs at DFW
('Arrivals')...the DFW rules per Lyft say to drop off in Departures level.

What do you do?
Has dropping off upstairs been an issue?
Which zones upstairs are fair game...pax pickup...shared ride zone?

I've dropped many upstairs with zero issue...but after my $236 zone ticket at love field....im paranoid :smiles:

Nice_Guy

I get that a lot and all I tell them is that we get cited if we drop riders at the WRONG location upstairs. Its just not worth it with all those cops upstairs. Where do you drop off riders at Love Field though, is it the lower level? I know about pick up but not sure about drop offs, thanks!

Dallas007

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I drop off upstairs at Love...but then again I'm a known zone violater

So to clairfy...do you drop off upstairs at dfw...but just in the green pick up zone?

was3DFW

I offer to drop off upstairs in the early AM if my passenger isn't carrying a lot of luggage. I always ask though. It just saves them an elevator ride usually. Later in the day, I tend to just head downstairs.

Nice_Guy

I always drop them off in the lower level at DFW,I have had a few ask me go upstairs but I refuse. I think it also helps when there is traffic you know. Lower levels are almost always not busy tha. upstairs.

GrinsNgiggles

Yikes I didn't know it was a possible issue. I always drop off upstairs at DFW (unless it's raining) and even when cops are around. Hopefully someone chimes in if this isn't ok. pax always want to be upstairs so they don't have to drag their luggage upstairs.

Aky114

I drop off where ever the passenger wants to or I drop off where it says departures. I don't have problem with police because police aren't looking at a F250 as Lyft/Uber car. I don't have anything that would give my truck off as that either so it's kinda different for me. Btw, anywhere at DFW and love field on top is where I drop off.

UberNdallas

I always drop off upstairs at both unless rider has a preference. Love field can literally be a cluster f**k upstairs tho. Thinking about giving downstairs a try at Love but I don't need no ahole giving me a ticket just bc the permits FROM THE CITY OF DALLAS TAKE 50 YEARS TO PROCESS AND SEND THEM!

Aky114

I always drop off upstairs at both unless rider has a preference. Love field can literally be a cluster f**k upstairs tho. Thinking about giving downstairs a try at Love but I don't need no ahole giving me a ticket just bc the permits FROM THE CITY OF DALLAS TAKE 50 YEARS TO PROCESS AND SEND THEM!
This is why I like driving a giant truck, I will force my damn way into love field to drop off hahaha.

Aky114

I didn't even know there was a downstairs at lovefield haha and I've been going to that airport since I was a child haha
DUDE ME EITHER!!! I picked up a passenger one time to see what it's like and like a jack ass I was on top and they told me to go to the bottom for pickup. I was literally like "what wait there is a bottom? Buahahahah oh oops well I'll be there in a minute" they thought it was funny so it worked out okay. After that I don't do pickups at lovefield because for ONCE I did catch the attention of police because they were confused at why a F250 was doing lyft but one of them told me "dude nice truck!! I would totally do lyft or uber in that"

GrinsNgiggles

DUDE ME EITHER!!! I picked up a passenger one time to see what it's like and like a jack ass I was on top and they told me to go to the bottom for pickup. I was literally like "what wait there is a bottom? Buahahahah oh oops well I'll be there in a minute" they thought it was funny so it worked out okay. After that I don't do pickups at lovefield because for ONCE I did catch the attention of police because they were confused at why a F250 was doing lyft but one of them told me "dude nice truck!! I would totally do lyft or uber in that"
Guess I'll try to find it next time I'm there just for grins and giggles.

Nice_Guy

The main reason I don't drop off at arrivals/upstairs at DFW is am still waiting for my permits. Until then, I stay out of cops and anything that will get me noticed as a ride share driver: never pick up at love Field, and only SAFELY pick up at DFW. No lyft or uber stickers on my car( they don't pay us enough for free marketing) lol.

Dallas007

At DFW upper 'Arrivals' area...is the green 'pax pick-up' the only zone you use to pick up / drop off...or is the 'shared ride' area fair game?

Goom

I have NEVER dropped anyone at the lower level at DFW. And I've even dropped off in front of police officers upstairs. I just drop off at the green/white sign (Passenger pick up).

Uberisthenewpoor

Always drop upstairs at DFW, wherever they want, but I usually know best and portray that confidence so they don't question me. If police and traffic I wedge into the curb or tell them I need to find a curb if they have luggage, otherwise they just hop out.
Another tip; Take all those ridiculous Uber and Lyft logos off your cars!!!! They are NOT required in our market and just free advertising.

Dallas007

i see Lyft is sending out new Trade dress and implying that it is required by the airports

andaas

I suppose nobody stopped to consider that the Departures and Arrivals sections are separated to better manage traffic flow? Is it really that much hassle to take the escalator up when you are leaving? I've never thought so as a passenger.

During heavy travel times (e.g., holidays)... you are contributing to traffic congestion by dropping your departing passengers in arrivals.

But whatever, lol.

Yankeeinhrtoftx

I've had numerous pax thank me for dropping them at curbside check in at DFW on the lower level. If they have extra bags, downstairs. Personal and a carry on, upstairs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anthony Morace Stories 2
D Complaints 7
S Dallas 13