DF2 sucks

Serby

2 hours from home and no DF's available.
its BS man. Royal butt kicking. Drive 2 hours dead miles and burn gas. We need at 3. 4 would be nicer tho. But 3 let's us get somewhat back to where we need to be. Especially with the timing out after 30 minutes

kevin046

2 hours from home and no DF's available.

Yep, it blows. It's going to affect drivers taking long trips to bumblef**k. I know I won't take a single one of those now... CANCEL. way to go with your ETA 'theory' Uber ! :rolleyes::mad:

Serby

Yep, it blows. It's going to affect drivers taking long trips to bumblef**k. I know I won't take a single one of those now... CANCEL. way to go with your ETA 'theory' Uber ! :rolleyes::mad:
I drove a dude once to Lancaster from Hollywood. Only reason I did it was because it was 1.5 boost. I made 80 on the trip which took 2 hours to get there. Then driving empty 72 miles to get home sucked ass. I'll never do that again. The rider was happy that I agreed to take him cuz no one else would.

I was a 35 rides per week driver then with the destinations I was at 75
I drove a dude once to Lancaster from Hollywood. Only reason I did it was because it was 1.5 boost. I made 80 on the trip which took 2 hours to get there. Then driving empty 72 miles to get home sucked ass. I'll never do that again. The rider was happy that I agreed to take him cuz no one else would.

kevin046

Yeah man the only way I would take a trip that far is if the surge is like 3.0 AND I can get at least a couple of rides back. I ain't down with driving 72 miles on my own dime. I already spend enough on gas and put enough miles on this car. Man this job blows now

LoveBC

Yeah man the only way I would take a trip that far is if the surge is like 3.0 AND I can get at least a couple of rides back. I ain't down with driving 72 miles on my own dime. I already spend enough on gas and put enough miles on this car. Man this job blows now
So if you got a San Diego trip at 2.5x you would turn it down because no return trip?

Serby

So if you got a San Diego trip at 2.5x you would turn it down because no return trip?
It blows big time. And the new DF filters time out right after you drop someone off. Its gonna be hell. At least keep the thing on till I'm within a mile of where I need to be.

Bpr2

The geo zone df bug is still there too. The red banner never dissapears even after going away from LAX for 20 minutes; ive done that on accident. so have to log off and then on wasting that df. The 6 were great, didn't have to worry about the geofence big. Now though…

Tonight for example, went to Santa Monica from lax and stuck around there for a few, then DFd back. Got a few rides then one to lax. Again geo fence wouldn't go away, so had to log back in and used my last df still going home.

qaz

I was 15-20 trips per week when DF was 2,

30-40 when it went up to 6.

With the now inferior DF maybe 10 (when I get good surge to make up for the likely empty ride back home).

Does that sound like more drivers available for shorter wait times?

Last edited:

Serby

No one is getting a San Diego trip @2.5...u might get one on base and drive 3 hours for 120 bucks and strut back home without a pax lik a donkey.
I'm still waiting for this unicorn :frown:

One day I'll catch her...one day

*stares off into the distance

kevin046

No that I wouldn't turn down because in the worst case scenario I have friends in San Diego and I would meet them for a beer and hang for a bit and I could always stay there for a night if need be. But some drive out to needlestack CA knowing full well that I might have to dead mile it all the way back might make me want to turn it down

powmoe

No one is getting a San Diego trip @2.5...u might get one on base and drive 3 hours for 120 bucks and strut back home without a pax lik a donkey.
I got a 2.3 at midnight a couple weeks ago. No traffic at all. Had filter on the whole way back. Didn't get anything till Long Beach. 2.6 to lax. So my round trip was about 310 including a 10 dollar tip. About 270 miles total. It was worth it imo.

iheartuber

"this job blows now"-- the moment when after a few months on the job math skills start to become clear

I was 15-20 trips per week when DF was 2,

30-40 when it went up to 6.

With the now inferior DF maybe 10 (when I get good surge to make up for the likely empty ride back home).

Does that sound like more drivers available for shorter wait times?

Yes. Because if you were doing 30-40 trips you were too busy driving to get a ping

chris0024

Geez, I better start doing base rate calls then huh? Ive been missing out on the money :mad:

Serby

I'd go to TJ and get a happy ending
No that I wouldn't turn down because in the worst case scenario I have friends in San Diego and I would meet them for a beer and hang for a bit and I could always stay there for a night if need be. But some drive out to needlestack CA knowing full well that I might have to dead mile it all the way back might make me want to turn it down

UberLaLa

I had a fun night on first night of DF2.

Used my first DF to get to LAX. Then Rematched a 1.7 to Redondo Beach and got lucky with a ping that took me back close to LAX from there. Sat there (this was Tuesday night) at LAX and nada for half an hour of '1 Car' in Q and zero surge showing.

Then I noticed that MDR area was 1.6 boost for 20 minutes more. I dead mile'd over there in 10 minutes and set DF for home. Bang, got 45+ right away....Home is Pasadena (as in NorthEast from MDR) - Start Trip LAX - due South :rolleyes:

Traffic was a nightmare...made $10, but wait there's more. Had to turn off my DF to hope for a Rematch, cuz all boosts were expired. Right back where I started, an hour before and now further from home...with a 20 minute drive to get out of the Loop. So, like $10 for 2 hours work.

At least with the spare DF's - this kinda crap wasn't as :mad::mad::mad:

LoveBC

Is Needlestack east of Bumblef**k?