DF since reduction

kah5683

is it just me or does the Uber DF work like the Lyft DF now - rarely?

Sat for half hour this am on Irving pointing to downtown between 630-700am. Gave up and opened up. I would either use or lose so that's why I used it that way. Even the last couple days it had not worked well whereas before it had worked well

Flashback121

Sat for half hour this am on Irving pointing to downtown between 630-700am. Gave up and opened up. I would either use or lose so that's why I used it that way. Even the last couple days it had not worked well whereas before it had worked well
It has happened to me a few times where I set the DF to airport or downtown and get 0 pings and the second I turn it off I get a ping to either downtown or Ohare. Really weird

Uberana

Yes, I feel that they must have tweaked the matching criteria. Before, I would get regular matches that were in headed in the general direction that I wanted to go but would not get me close. Now, it seems that the matched ride will get you closer but will occur less often. I liked it the way it was before.

Zuber A

That’s right. Uber figured out why Lyft kept DF useless and started doing the same thing. Before no one can get pings because there are 6 and everyone using it, they cut the DF to 2 to avoid suddenly service disruptions.

Road2nowhere

They have clearly made big changes to DF, it does not work like it did before. I am not getting any matches and it times out fast. It is clear boober is deterring drivers from using DF after their little stunt of removing four of our six filters.

I rarely used more than 3 DF. I have my own method of filtering. You should to.
Filtering does not help when you are trying to go in a certain direction unless you cancel three-quarters of your rides

Road2nowhere

It has happened to me a few times where I set the DF to airport or downtown and get 0 pings and the second I turn it off I get a ping to either downtown or Ohare. Really weird
I have had the same exact experience. Zero success with DF this week, same as last week. I would have done 25 rides yesterday and today if my DF filter was working. But because my DF filter is NOT working, I turned my app off and won't drive this week at all. FIX IT UBER! One step forward three steps back

hardly works anymore
Agreed. Without it I don't drive

bpm45

What I don't understand is why would they go back completely to just to destinations per day? If we were using it too much why wouldn't they move it to 4 or 3? Why go all the way back to two? It just seems that they're making decisions and moves without thinking them through.

Whatevs

I agree, since it went from 6 to 2 again it's not giving me as much on DF as it used to. I've used DF on my way to and from work and occasional places on the weekends for years and usually about 60% of the time always get something. I've used it to and from work and down to Hinsdale last night and nothing so far this week. I think they've actually tweaked however DF works when they went back down to two as well.

Funkeetooown

Did DF Tuesday AM at 5:30 omw to work, three separate two drop pools (quest chasing this week). Drove around work for 2 hours in the afternoon, set DF to home, got x ride that took me 1.5 miles from apartment. Did DF this morning, but started late, got one x ride but it was a nine mile trip that put me .5 miles from work. I live in the city, north side, work near mdw.

Road2nowhere

What I don't understand is why would they go back completely to just to destinations per day? If we were using it too much why wouldn't they move it to 4 or 3? Why go all the way back to two? It just seems that they're making decisions and moves without thinking them through.
Seems like they want to show more vehicles on the passenger app. I noticed that even when I am on DF now, my little toy vehicle shows up on their cute little app. My guess is when more people were doing DF, they didn't have enough cute little toy cars to show for their under paying passengers.

Road2nowhere

Sure, they ALSO said they were giving us 6 DFs lmfao.
The only thing I have gotten out of df since last Thursday is aggravation and disappointment