DF QUESTION

ibeam23

Is it possible to put your current location in as your destination and then put an arrival time in for maybe two hours from now? I'm trying to figure out how to accept rides that will keep me no more than an hour from home. I'm basically trying to avoid NYC trip requests by doing this. Anyone have any idea?

cant be done, you must put in a destination, and they will give you rides in that direction within your time period.
I have used DF several times and its hit or miss. use every morning for 35 minutes, get a ping 2 out of 5 mornings.
As many have complained the NYC rides are killers and unless they add a sur charge or give LI drivers options to opt out, passengers wont be
happy with drivers cancelling the rides.

PTUber

Well you have 6 with Uber and 4 with Lyft. Just pick a spot or spots not going towards NYC.

M.209

I would text pax in advance saying that not going to NYC.

Im sure aot of you saw my other topic about texting. But here it comes again)

Note, the purpose of my message is a little different. But it works for me..

Hello there.. How are you?

This is the driver.

Please note, that I'm not driving in congested traffic. For example, trips to hollywood bowl, or LAX, etc. Feel free to choose another option, if you have to go towards congested traffic.

Thanks for understanding

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-08-10-45-00.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-08-10-45-00.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_2017-09-08-10-44-37.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-08-10-44-37.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_2017-09-08-10-44-19.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-08-10-44-19.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_2017-09-08-10-44-10.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-08-10-44-10.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 50

KK2929

You can try the Destination Mode. It limits the area that you will travel and the number of call that you receive, so there are some negatives.

BSki

How does it work from airports or going to airports? IE I work in cypress by drive past SNA each night around 4pm. I could sit at my desk and set DF for SNA to try to get matched up to there?

Or if I am at SNA, is it even possible to set DF?

ShinyAndChrome

My sense is that the DF without time finds people somewhat on your route.

DF with time constraint doesn't care where or when a pax is going just as long as you are never so far away you can't make it to the destination by the time, so it could even take you east to a pickup and further east to a dropoff even if your dest is west.

PTUber

How does it work from airports or going to airports? IE I work in cypress by drive past SNA each night around 4pm. I could sit at my desk and set DF for SNA to try to get matched up to there?

You can certainly set it to the airport or somewhere near by but it doesn't work when you are at the airport.

KK2929

By DF, I am assuming that you mean Designation Mode. Try it and see. Set your destination for your house and see if you get paired with someone. They will either be in route or near your house and you will not be taken too far out of the way to pick them up. I will warn you that it expires in 15 minutes and you will have to reset.

Some airports do not allow the Destination Mode. Currently LAX allows it. Do not know about others. Just try it - the app will either allow a setting or not.

Coachman

Is it possible to put your current location in as your destination and then put an arrival time in for maybe two hours from now? I'm trying to figure out how to accept rides that will keep me no more than an hour from home. I'm basically trying to avoid NYC trip requests by doing this. Anyone have any idea?

Pick any destination to go out and an hour later put your original location back as the destination with a 1 hour timer. Solved.

reg barclay

Personally I don't think it would work.

In my experience so far a lot of the long distance trips from Rockland are either to NJ or NYC so one idea might be set a DF for somewhere in South NJ. This might filter out NYC trips while including a lot of the other long distance trips from Rockland (obviously you'd also miss out on CT or upstate NY trips).

ibeam23

Personally I don't think it would work.

In my experience so far a lot of the long distance trips from Rockland are either to NJ or NYC so one idea might be set a DF for somewhere in South NJ. This might filter out NYC trips while including a lot of the other long distance trips from Rockland (obviously you'd also miss out on CT or upstate NY trips).[/Yeah, to get those good long trips but avoid the NYC nonsense.

Yozee

My last lyft DF took me 10 blocks North when I had it set South, totally opposite direction! Happened at least 3 times in the last month. Good fu***bye lyft!